Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I have never in my life been more scared than I was this morning. Princess goes out to the bathroom around 7a.m then goes right back to sleep till about 11. She sleeps in a room that doesn't have AC (her choice) but it has never been a problem with the fan on her and then during the day all the dogs hang out in the room with the AC if it's hot. This morning the house was warm but not hot at all, I had the fan on her while she was sleeping and I kept going in to check on her. When she got up, I was walking them to the backdoor to go outside when I saw her gaging trying to puke and shaking. I ran over to her to comfort her and then 20 seconds later all of her legs came out from underneath her and she collapsed to the ground. She started peeing immediately, so much came out so fast. She continued laying on the ground with a blank stare on her face but she was holding her head up. I called our vet and they told us to rush her to the VCA that was closer to our house. She was fine in the car and once we got to the vet. The vet thinks between the heat, getting up so quick, her age and her heartworms, it just all caused her to get dizzy. I didn't get xrays or blood work done (the vet wanted to rule out a seizure) only because she will be getting her blood work done on Wednesday when she starts her first shot of Immiticide. She also has never had a seizure so I was pretty confident it was her just getting dizzy. The vet felt fine letting her leave without the blood work since she was acting like herself, her gums were the right color, and she didn't have a temp at all. She came home and ate her lunch like normal and went to the bathroom and is now napping, I am keeping a close eye on her but this is just making me more nervous for her Immiticide treatment. It's going to be a long 8-10 weeks!!!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Oh my. So sorry to hear about this and I'm sure the panic that ensued. Happy to hear it wasn't a seizure. Lots og hugs go out to you guys

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
So scary. I hope you both are doing better!:heart:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Keeping y'all in prayers...so very scary...Cami & I send slobbers & kisses.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So sorry... I hope she feels better soon! Bella had heat stroke on us one time, scared us to death! I also had a cat that was diabetic & used to have seizure's. It's so scary to watch your babies go thru that ; (

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am so sorry you went through that, it really does sound as if she had a seizure. That is scary!You and her are in my prayers until this whole thing is over.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
That is so scary. My Mack's(RIP) heart used to stop beating and he would stop and have a blank stare. He saw a cardio vet at WSU, got a people prescription, and lived another 2+ years.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is down right terrifying.... :hug:

No more room without A/C for her.... she needs to stay in the cooler temps

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So scary, and hope she is OK. We will be praying her treatments go well. I know sometimes when they go to throw up, they do not breath well and can pass out for a short time, and maybe this is what happened to her, and with the heartworms, that could have made it worse.

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That is down right terrifying.... :hug:

No more room without A/C for her.... she needs to stay in the cooler temps

Already moved her bed in the room with the AC! She is not a happy momma lol!! Amazing how stubborn they can be about the littlest change!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That is so scary. My Mack's(RIP) heart used to stop beating and he would stop and have a blank stare. He saw a cardio vet at WSU, got a people prescription, and lived another 2+ years.

Wow, good to know! That is something that I will be bringing up to my vet when I see her Wednesday morning! Thank you!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
After the scare HRH gave me the Friday before last I can sure relate to what you were feeling. They sure do have themselves wrapped around our hearts don't they?
I sure hope the upcoming treatment goes well. Will be saying a few prayers for her. :pray:

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
After the scare HRH gave me the Friday before last I can sure relate to what you were feeling. They sure do have themselves wrapped around our hearts don't they?
I sure hope the upcoming treatment goes well. Will be saying a few prayers for her. :pray:

I feel like I missed so much when I was away last week!!! I just went back and found your thread about HRH! Holy Smokes that is scary!! Glad she is okay, and good to know for the future with Princess, she sleeps like a rock and that would scare me if she didn't wake up when I touched her! And thank you for the prayers for Princess, I definitely need all the prayers, well wishes, and good thoughts this week!!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh Melissa how scary that would have been for you, so glad you were there with princess I do hope all turns out well :hug:to you and princess.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.