I FEEL AWFUL

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Today is Rebels first day being kenneled while we are working, we decided it would be best until he gets the hang of only pottying outside and i feel awful about it

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh don't feel bad. It's temporary like you said and its to help him get trained. A lot of members here crate their bullies when they're away. And you know what? They sleep for the most part of it! Those who have cameras set up will verify that.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Mayhem loves his kennel........he even goes in there on his own sometimes when he wants a nap. He knows that it is his space :) During the day, when we are home, he will sleep under things as well (the bar stools, dinette chairs, etc.)....he likes being in an enclosed space.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Don't feel bad, it's the safest place for him. We crate all of ours when we are gone except Buddy, he doesn't get into anything and is a very good boy.

Beautiful Berry

Apr 28, 2013
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Berry R.I.P
Berry always hops in her crate when she is super tired. As others have stated its her place and having grown up with that as hers she is happy there. Dont stress if your at work your bully is just waiting for you to get home to hang out with you.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I know the awful feeling. We have Tubby confined to the kitchen only which is right by the front door so I get to see those big sad eyes look at me when I leave. Like everyone else said its for his own good but you can't help that it tugs at your heart strings. From one guilt stricten mom to the next I feel your pain :hug:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Don't feel bad, we all know how it feels. I always tell Buster I have to go to work to buy him toys and bonies! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he will do great --- they pretty much sleep the whole time. However, i can relate, it broke my heart the first time we did it too

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Your kidding right? Any time I lecture either or both of mine, they scramble to get to their crate and in it.... Thinking my stern voice, or disapproval of what they did can't effect them through the bars of their crate. Hahaha, half the day they are wrestling to both get in the same crate to sleep, because one is bigger than the other, and they prefer the smaller crate, more security. Now when I leave for work, it's a different story, neither know what a crate is, or where they left it, but if I'm home and their napping, or getting lectured, they both want in a 36" crate preferably over the 42"!! Go Figure.... It's all frame of mind.... and seeing them in their obviously for both reasons, I don't feel one bit guilty. I feel relieved knowing their both safe and sound, not in trouble, and can't get into harms way. Plenty of water, and kewl air, and I do leave the TV on for them, but since they ate the remote, their channel changing preferences have been temporarily suspended.... On a lighter note, their new toothbrush heads have arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I know your feeling. We put Harlea in her crate on Sunday so we could run a few errands and were only gone maybe 90 minutes at the most. My wife was a wreck the whole time with worry but when we got home and walked to our room where the crate is she was sound asleep snuggled up with a few of her toys and woke up when we called her name. We have been putting her in her crate for short periods of time during the day to get her used to and waiting until she has settled down for a bit before opening the door for her to come out. To me she has a penthouse suite at the Waldorf with her bed, toys, water bottle within easy reach and the tv with animal planet on seems to help her calm down a bit quicker. She also eats her meals in her crate so we don't have to worry about my other dog trying to steal her meals.

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
Guinevere will begrudgingly get in her crate when I leave for work. She really doesn't mind, but she always acts betrayed (she won't let me touch her as she's getting in). She only has to get in it a few days a week, and only for a few hours, I think she would prefer to just be with us. I saw how much she really likes her crate when we went to San Diego and set it up at the hotel. She was ecstatic to see her crate in a strange place and hopped right in! I feel better knowing she is safe and sound when I'm not home! [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION], I do hope you video the next time you brush their teeth (or feed them the toothbrush head!).

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Today is Rebels first day being kenneled while we are working, we decided it would be best until he gets the hang of only pottying outside and i feel awful about it

I feel the same way. When we are away from home we crate both of our dogs. Both my wife and myself work and I'm 46 miles from home when I am at work. My wife let's them both out at lunch unless she is out of town and then my son comes over and let's them out. So far we have managed to make sure they get out at least once a day while we are at work but I feel awful thinking of them in there. But like others have said they sleep most of the time while in there anyway. Even on days off when they are free to roam they still sleep about as much as if they were in their crates while we are at work.

I would like to piggyback this thread with a question myself. As of now I haven't left anything in the crate with Ace when we are away. Does anyone here leave an antler in the crate with there dogs and/or what's your thoughts on this?

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I feel the same way. When we are away from home we crate both of our dogs. Both my wife and myself work and I'm 46 miles from home when I am at work. My wife let's them both out at lunch unless she is out of town and then my son comes over and let's them out. So far we have managed to make sure they get out at least once a day while we are at work but I feel awful thinking of them in there. But like others have said they sleep most of the time while in there anyway. Even on days off when they are free to roam they still sleep about as much as if they were in their crates while we are at work.

I would like to piggyback this thread with a question myself. As of now I haven't left anything in the crate with Ace when we are away. Does anyone here leave an antler in the crate with there dogs and/or what's your thoughts on this?

I leave his favorite rope if I HAVE to crate him or his favorite chew bone and I leave the TV on Animal Planet.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

The only thing I've left is the kong ... and I get a bag of frozen cali mix vegs .. carrots, broccoli and cauliflower ... and I stuff as much as I can in to the kong. And I really mean stuff that thing full!!! Then I leave that in the crate with them. I know for a fact they can't destroy the kong because they never have and the frozen veggies in the middle will take ages to thaw so they will be very amused!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online