Licking

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Does anyone else have a bulldog that constantly licks them? Rumble loves to lick legs, arms, armpits, ears, hair, well basically everywhere there is exposed skin! :blink: Does anyone elses' bulldog do this?? I love Rumble and it is okay to a point but it gets excessive!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Tubby will lick my legs if I have just put cream on. He likes to lick hes dad's legs if hes just come home from work all sweaty. His favorite legs to try and lick though are his grandma's. She has pretty severe psoriasis. I've heard that dogs like the taste of blood and she's bad for scratching so when we go to visit Tubby bee lines for her.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I forgot to mention how handsome Rumble is :luv:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon will occasionally if we have sun block on or if you just have gotten out of the shower. Most of the time you have to request kisses from him.

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby will lick my legs if I have just put cream on. He likes to lick hes dad's legs if hes just come home from work all sweaty. His favorite legs to try and lick though are his grandma's. She has pretty severe psoriasis. I've heard that dogs like the taste of blood and she's bad for scratching so when we go to visit Tubby bee lines for her.

When he was just licking legs it was one thing but he licks everything! We try to tell him no but it seems to upset him when he can't lick us... :nope:

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention how handsome Rumble is :luv:

Thank you! I think so too ;) I love Tubby's fashion sense :clap2:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buddy loves to lick and would do it quite often if we let him.

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon will occasionally if we have sun block on or if you just have gotten out of the shower. Most of the time you have to request kisses from him.

I can't imagine having to request kisses from Rumble...if you are within reach you will get a kiss or two or three! He is just a lover I guess :tongue:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
My frenchie is a big licker, she will try to lick arms, legs, feet, hands, face, neck, anything!!! I try to stop her because she does it so excessively! Gio likes to lick my feet, if I am about to take a shower then I will let him lick away. But if I am clean and showered, I always stop him. Gio does like to give hugs and lick faces when someone comes home or someone comes over, it's so cute so I usually let him do this.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep.... Banks will lick Lewis until he physically stops her... commanding a 'stop' 'no' or leave it just does not work... he has to move her away and place her in a sit/stay to get it to stop

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
"No lick" is heard frequently around here! All of my Bulldogs have been lickers. Buster is a licker, too, but at least his spit isn't thick and slimy like Ruggles'.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Bazza is grose, he loves licking sores, having two young boys with scrapes on their knees all the time, they have to go put long pants on, one friend has bad stinky feet loves them, he also licks when go to the gym legs are salty from sweat, he loves licking everyone who gets out of the shower.

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
sumo is a serious licker! licks whatever she can. for me i dont mind. but i definitely have some guests that are not so pleased with the constant licking.

HandsomeUlysses

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
We are starting to have this "problem" now. The more he bonds with us the more Ulysses licks. Is there a way to limit this without pushing him away too much. I do love his kisses and dont want it to completely stop..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.