I'll Never worry about Dracula again !!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Today was the day for Rambo to visit the Vet. I gave him a week to settle down, and as my work schedule would improve to allow me to watch him for the week, and see if there was anything I noticed and had a question about, either here or at the Vets Office. Rambo weighed in at 54.8 pounds of Healthy today. Rambo got quite curious at a little chihuahua this morning, that was splotches of hair missing, Not sure, but I don't think the little guy was suppose to be missing that much hair. I made sure I kept Rambo way away from him, as he sheds enough already…. Finally, the Vet was running about a half an hour behind his appts, and Rambo was his first, Remember the appt was made 2 weeks ago now. So getting Rambo in for his visit, we discuss annual checkup, New Pet, The two technicians that checked us in, Reviewed all of his records from Andy, lol, [MENTION=3169]BellasMom[/MENTION], covered in Salmon oil from riding under his Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon and Potato on his trip to meet me in the Hot Summer day in Florida. This technician is trying to hold the 3 page report with her fingernails, as it smells fishy, and I'm asking her, since you've got the report open now, can you tell me his Date of Birth, and now that you've got it separated, whats it say about his general health, a Tummy issue early on, lol, So she's telling me, Ahhhh He's due his Booster shots…. So anyway I thought it was funny, She's going over his records, like a used car salesman sizing up her next sale item lol, and I'm making her work for it, Ohhhh and since Rambo is here, his little toe nails are Razor sharp, and very long, can you clip them while your doing everything else, and the Technician says yes, But that's an additional $6.00 since he's getting everything else done, Normally she said its $9.00 Dollars, So I nod and shake my head yes. So she asks me again, your okay with us cutting his nails sir… for $6.00, I'm like yes, Please… So into a room we go and this is how it happened !! One technician, small lady comes in, with 5 colorful syringes with medicine in them of some sort….. Has nail clippers, and an empty syringe with her, She says she has to draw blood for his heart worm evaluation. So I put him on the table for her, now he's 55 pounds!! You do remember the story of Rambo and the Electric toothbrush right?? She reaches for Rambos paw, Syringe in hand, lol She pulls his leg towards her, Rambo drags her up on the counter with one Paw…. The tug A War is on, She picks up the syringe again, points it at his Paw, Rambo growls at her, But not a mean growl, it was a playful growl, but she didn't know that, So she tells me, "I need to muzzle him, so he can't bite me", I'm like really, he's playing with you, Well she attempts to muzzle him, with two different muzzles, Rambo shakes his head, and it literally shaking her with the muzzle…….:rofl: So I ask, would you like me to do that, and she says, NO SIR…. I think he's just showing out because your standing here…. lol, so out she goes to get more help….. They put Rambo on the floor, one behind him, one ahead of him, Rambo decides to get playful, I mean at 10 months old without any formal training, what do you really expect, Two technicians were no match for Rambo, So the technician decides to bring Rambo to their work room, where they drew blood, about 5 minutes later they come back with Rambo, Thinking this technician never wants to see Rambo again, She's totally a mess from struggling with this big boy, lol. Doc comes in and comments on Rambo giving his technicians a hard time, testing their training, anyway, he checks Rambo's eyes, ears, heart, feels him all over, checks him over very well, including his tail pocket, Gives him a clean bill of health. So then I hold Rambo, while he gives him 5 Shots, all over, 1 here and one there, finally were done, Rambo is being wonderful now that I'm holding him lol, Vet walks out, but before he leaves, says his Tech will be right in to get his nails, and brings him some water….. a Few minutes later, 4 Technicians come in, all with frowns, one says to the other, makes you think he's going to freak out, lol the stares at one another were PRICELESS, I didn't ask this time, I just held rambo, and they were able to clip his nails in about 2 minutes, and he was done, except they didn't use the dremel afterwards……. Hmmmmm, Anyway, The great news was Rambo is in very good health, now on heart worm preventative, and doing very good, The bad thing on my part, is I didn't share with the technician the story about the toothbrush and Rambo/Rocky the other morning, But Rambo totally had fun being a kid this morning, and I'm happy to share with you the news that he's caught up on all his shots, being treated again dreadful heart worms, and convinced every one except the Vet that he was vicious, destructive, and needed to be muzzled, and I would have gladly held him and made her job so much easier, But didn't want to interfere with her doing her technician job lol, I don't think I'll ever have to worry about Dracula showing up at my house :rofl:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
LOL as you were telling the part about Rambo shaking the technician I imagined BamBam from the Flinstones over powering every one and everything with a sweet smile on his face! I can just imagine what happened when Rambo and Rocky saw each other and Rambo told Rocky all about the fun he had at the vet today.

I'm very happy to hear Rambo got a clean bill of health. And as always [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] thank you for the laugh!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great story, and you are sooooo naughty!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Good to hear he is healthy. Nice story, bet many of us can relate to this. Same with Ace when the tech decided to weigh him and he didn't want to go on the floor scale. But she wanted to do it while he dragged her around the room. I offered to get him on the scale but she was bound and determined while some other techs watched and asked if she could handle it. The nail clipping was likewise. one wrapped themselves around him while another was going to trim, the one trimming was experienced and had no problem but the one trying to hold needed my assistance. But they all seem to love him. One new tech was shown by another more experienced tech when pointing to Ace and saying "now that's what a bulldog looks like, not a pitbull that are mistakenly referred to as bulldogs when brought in."

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's awesome! Good to hear he's healthy and frisky! Thank you for sharing so vividly! :2thumbs:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Too funny, guess the tech should have listened to you. Glad he is in great health and has his shots now.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:lol: that was very entertaining :)
:2thumbs: on the clean bill of health and
:down: to the techs at the vets office

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Ha Ha, your stories are hilarious and so entertaining. Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad Rambos' vet visit went well, and he has a clean bill of health, and all his shots are now up to date.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.