Bullies play rough

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
So duke and duchess play pretty rough. I always settle them down if they get too excited but duke bites duchess folds and breaks the skin- my vet said its normal just to monitor. But man I get worried one of them is gonna bite the others eye out on accident. What age you think they will settle down with the biting ??

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
I was so worried at first with mine too! Bricklin is 9 mos now and Hudson will be three next week (WHAT?!) and they are a little calmer. They still have their moments they go at it, but it's better. I think we have the opposite situation, though - you male is the baby, right? Bricklin was ALWAYS chewing on Hudson when she was little and he was so patient about it. The only time he got a little snippy with her is when she got near his...um...jellybeans. ;) Although, now Bricklin is in her heat so all bets are off. I would just give them little "time outs" where I made Hudson sit (since he knew how) and held Bricklin still for a bit so they could catch their breath.

- - - Updated - - -

I was so worried at first with mine too! Bricklin is 9 mos now and Hudson will be three next week (WHAT?!) and they are a little calmer. They still have their moments they go at it, but it's better. I think we have the opposite situation, though - you male is the baby, right? Bricklin was ALWAYS chewing on Hudson when she was little and he was so patient about it. The only time he got a little snippy with her is when she got near his...um...jellybeans. ;) Although, now Bricklin is in her heat so all bets are off. I would just give them little "time outs" where I made Hudson sit (since he knew how) and held Bricklin still for a bit so they could catch their breath.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is typical behavior for them..... can't remember when it settled down thoug, maybe like a yr or so

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Arnold and Bertha play rough constantly. Usually Bertha is the aggressor who leaves marks on my poor Arnold. I cant remember once when it has gotten out of hand with the two of them but I am always listening just in case.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Mine are 2 yrs old and still get rough like that at times. They also bite eachother's paws. I'll have to seperate them and send Karly with my son (her dad) cause she's always trying to hump Nigel and get tired of telling her to stop. lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.