Ugh boys are definately harder to potty train.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Well I have a dog walker coming in every 3 hours when I'm not home- duke is currently 14 weeks. He pees soooo much!! Now I'm experienced with UTI as I battled one with duchess until about 6 months. Duke pees alot but it always ALOT unlike with UTI it's frequent but small amount. So my question is. Will raw feeding make him pee alot due to the high moisture content?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: not sure, I know they drink les when on a raw diet.
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My two boys drink and pee less. Sometimes, I'd need to gently nudge Punks out to the backyard to 'remind' him that an empty bladder is a healthy bladder and would move the water bowl really close to him so he'll drink.

But your guy is only 14 weeks and it's probably just a puppy phase. I know my sis' Corgi drove me crazy when he was that age since he was the same. Now that he's almost a year, he so much better, no accidents .... except on my bed !!!! :cursing:

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Oh wow! I had the opposite experience. Hudson was good with going potty. Bricklin..... let's put it this way, she's 9 months old and sometimes still gets up two hours in a row in the middle of the night to tell me she's peed in her crate. That's right, she tells me she WENT. I honestly don't know about her sometimes... I think it's just that each dog is different. Sounds like your little guy is still trying to figure it out. I've had the best results with always getting excited when they do go outside, like acting like it's the best thing that has ever happened. I'm not feeding raw at the moment, but I do know that both my bullies would drink until they exploded if given the chance! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow! I had the opposite experience. Hudson was good with going potty. Bricklin..... let's put it this way, she's 9 months old and sometimes still gets up two hours in a row in the middle of the night to tell me she's peed in her crate. That's right, she tells me she WENT. I honestly don't know about her sometimes... I think it's just that each dog is different. Sounds like your little guy is still trying to figure it out. I've had the best results with always getting excited when they do go outside, like acting like it's the best thing that has ever happened. I'm not feeding raw at the moment, but I do know that both my bullies would drink until they exploded if given the chance! ;)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Can't comment on the effects of raw feeding as i have no experience .. but I will comment on the title of your thread. Unfortunately, it's not just a fact that he's a boy. I've had boys who have been very easy to potty train, and others who have been a nightmare .. saying no names ... ... daddy .....:whistle:

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Lol, ya I'm sure he's just in puppy phase, I know they drink less on raw and he has been drinking less since I switched him but he's been peeing more!!! Large amounts too so that's why I don't think it's a UTI or anything. Duchess started drinking dramatically less when she was switched to raw. Thanks for the input

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My boys are eating raw and still they drink normally. Raw food, meat, has more water in it than kibble that is dried, so not all of them drink as much, but they need to be hydrated as much.
My youngest is 7 months now and is just beginning to connect the dots. Usko was trained around 6 months. At 14 weeks you can expect him to hold it around 4-5 hours, but he still won't always hold it. He will pee just cause he needs, want's, has to or for what ever reason at this point.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.