Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: HELP!!! Kimbo tail fell off...

Quote Originally Posted by KimboAndSean View Post
    I do not know a screw tail is but his tail is inside of him. It does not stick out. And I will look for the trizchlor 4 wipes at petsmart
    This sounds very similar to what Gio's tail used to look like, I will post a picture of his tail from before he got it amputated. The screw tail was just his tail in a tight spiral inside of him, it wasn't a straight tail. I order those wipes from Amazon but I'm sure Petsmart has something similar, my vet has those wipes as well so maybe your vet carries them? For now I would clean his tail with a wipe or dry cloth with some baby powder on it. Try not to use something that will irritate Kimbo since he may have an infection. I would definitely try to take him to the vet soon. Hope he is feeling better!! And if you have a picture of his tail please post it.

You can't tell from the picture but his tail pocket was a full finger deep, so when I cleaned it I would really have to get in there and make sure I cleaned the whole pocket.
    -photo-138-jpg
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@KimboAndSean have you checked into Credit Care? I have never used it, but several peeps here have and they say it's wonderful. If I remember correctly it was like $800.00 for Lucy. We don't have insurance either so we just bit the bullet.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

some tails do loose hair, especially over time. If hair is coming out in clumps your pooch has a bacteria problem, an antibacterial soap lathered up and deep in there ,will clean it for one time, it should be done on a daily bases until you get this thing under control

I would wash with a hand soap or Dial soap & warm water. rinse and dry really good. Do this everyday until it gets better, then only every couple of days when it gets better. Ingrown tails are a bacterial breeding ground for germs, your poor pooch can't clean this area. They depend on you to keep it at it's best.
    Please keep us posted
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads