Kendrick Perkins sells his bulldog o twitter.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I agree that how he did it was not in the best interest for the bulldog, he could have taken time to find and screen the right owners instead of rushing and selling him to the first person on twitter who said they would buy him. That being said, I also agree with [MENTION=5334]Heff102[/MENTION] that buying dogs on Kijiji and other similar sites can sometimes be in the best interest for the dog (I'm sure a lot of the time it's not in the best interest for the dogs as well, especially those adds on Craigslist that have people looking to trade bulldog puppies for things like rims or something similar:cursing:!!). We found Gio on Kijiji from a family who was moving back in with their in-laws and could not afford to keep him anymore, they wanted the best home possible for Gio and took the time to make sure we were his best fit. Gio wasn't cheep either, he was only a year and half old and by putting a price on him they eliminated a lot of potential people who were just looking for a cheap or free bulldog. Even though they had a price on him, they told us that one couple called them looking for a reduced price because they were on welfare! So again, the way Perkins went about selling him was awful, but I do agree that sometimes social media type websites can be great for people who do take the time to sell/rehome their dogs and make sure they go to a loving home! :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I agree with [MENTION=4081]mcraven2[/MENTION], I can see [MENTION=5334]Heff102[/MENTION]'s point. There are times that social media can be used appropriately to find the best home locally for a pet. It's all about the manner in which the ad is placed and responded to. Yea it irkes me to see: "I'll trade for rims". But it doesn't irk me to see: "we love him/her but just don't feel we are the best possible home for this pet so would like to find them that home".

I'll also add that I'm far too prone to jump to judgmental conclusions sometimes without knowing the whole story, but I'm trying to work on that fault.

And if it weren't for an ad on Puppyfind.com that many people are opposed to, we wouldn't have HRH.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm just going to chime in and say, "What is best for the bulldog and Who is going to be the best parent for this bully?" Social media is such a common way of passing along information these days, as well as selling services. Bottom line is, I do hope he found the BEST new family for his bully.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I'm just going to chime in and say, "What is best for the bulldog and Who is going to be the best parent for this bully?" Social media is such a common way of passing along information these days, as well as selling services. Bottom line is, I do hope he found the BEST new family for his bully.

On that note Henny, I've been avoiding this thread... And it continues to grow, so I'm going to speak my mind and heart..... Children are not for sale ..... I could give a rats behind if someone offered me a million dollars for one of my boys, they have a home, and are well provided for. This social media announcement to me was a slap in the face for every pet owner who loves their kids. There are certain things in life, we do not sell, if I were dying, and wanted my kids in a very good home, I would take care of before my death? If i were financially in a position not to be able to afford my pet, I wouldn't own one..,. These are decisions one must make before aquiring a pet !!! What responsible person buys a pet, acclimates the pet to their home and family, then sells it for money..... Certainly no one I'd be associated with....., This is just wrong!! I understand their are times pets need to be rehomed, I totally agree with some decisions, but I cannot agree with this one, and the media putting this out their just provokes other bad pet owners to buy a pet, and always reclaim their money later if their not satisfied. What the HELL is wrong with people??? This is a HELL of a lot like Fostering a child because of a report card, then seeking financial payment for your contribution to their upbringing expense. Their is no Dollar Value put on that.... Celebrity or not, he's irresponsible, and useless in my book!! The pet will be the one suffering the loss of the family, because he was gotten by an idiot! Plain and Simple!! Their is not 1 pet on this site for sale, and this thread should go hand and hand with the "How Much Did You Pay for Your Bully" thread, in which Dalmatia answered so well. At least out of all this social Media Garbage, we know who the MVP of that family was!!! And yes.... I hope he gets a HELL of a lot better home than he had, because I feel from the family's actions he was never LOVED anyway...... As for him screening the new owner, he took $ for the pet, which says he's pretty worthless for selling a family member, even though its a great thought, Reality says he went to the highest bidder....., Absolute Garbage to offer a Pet/Family member up for sale, if he has children, they should be worried what their bounty is...... Just my personal feelings on this matter, and every time I read it, I hope it goes away..... I'm not for SALE and neither are my PETS.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
On that note Henny, I've been avoiding this thread... And it continues to grow, so I'm going to speak my mind and heart..... Children are not for sale ..... I could give a rats behind if someone offered me a million dollars for one of my boys, they have a home, and are well provided for. This social media announcement to me was a slap in the face for every pet owner who loves their kids. There are certain things in life, we do not sell, if I were dying, and wanted my kids in a very good home, I would take care of before my death? If i were financially in a position not to be able to afford my pet, I wouldn't own one..,. These are decisions one must make before aquiring a pet !!! What responsible person buys a pet, acclimates the pet to their home and family, then sells it for money..... Certainly no one I'd be associated with....., This is just wrong!! I understand their are times pets need to be rehomed, I totally agree with some decisions, but I cannot agree with this one, and the media putting this out their just provokes other bad pet owners to buy a pet, and always reclaim their money later if their not satisfied. What the HELL is wrong with people??? This is a HELL of a lot like Fostering a child because of a report card, then seeking financial payment for your contribution to their upbringing expense. Their is no Dollar Value put on that.... Celebrity or not, he's irresponsible, and useless in my book!! The pet will be the one suffering the loss of the family, because he was gotten by an idiot! Plain and Simple!! Their is not 1 pet on this site for sale, and this thread should go hand and hand with the "How Much Did You Pay for Your Bully" thread, in which Dalmatia answered so well. At least out of all this social Media Garbage, we know who the MVP of that family was!!! And yes.... I hope he gets a HELL of a lot better home than he had, because I feel from the family's actions he was never LOVED anyway...... As for him screening the new owner, he took $ for the pet, which says he's pretty worthless for selling a family member, even though its a great thought, Reality says he went to the highest bidder....., Absolute Garbage to offer a Pet/Family member up for sale, if he has children, they should be worried what their bounty is...... Just my personal feelings on this matter, and every time I read it, I hope it goes away..... I'm not for SALE and neither are my PETS.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

VERY well written and I agree 100 %. Sad that he even got one to begin with. Reading those tweets blew me away, uncaring and thoughtless.

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I hope the person who got him gives him a wonderful home :pray: And I certainly hope he or she finds EBN so we can know how is the bully baby doing :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.