Kendrick Perkins sells his bulldog o twitter.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
You guys hear Kendrick Perkins (NBA player) posted his english bulldog on twitter yesterday saying he could keep it around his youngest child. The dog was gone within 1hr. He also went on to say that he paid over $3k but was only asking $1500, but it wasn't about the money. Unreal you are a NBA player you want the dog to go to a good home yet you ask for money?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes... I did see it--- idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Actually I commend his actions in putting a price on the dog. Sadly he should of asked more.

By putting a price on the dog it eliminates some folks who should never have a dog to begin with. I hope he screened the new owners well. Plus who is to say he actually took the money?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Actually I commend his actions in putting a price on the dog. Sadly he should of asked more.

By putting a price on the dog it eliminates some folks who should never have a dog to begin with. I hope he screened the new owners well. Plus who is to say he actually took the money?

I'm sure he took the money. He's a big washed up overweight loser who needs the money. Idiot is right.

Heff102

Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
I'm sure he took the money. He's a big washed up overweight loser who needs the money. Idiot is right.

Dont know the guy but either way probably best the dog went to new owners if that is the case.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
I don't wanna come off wrong here but..... Sounds like he auctioned off his dog Doubt he screened the buyer any more than a credit check. Money isn't everything. Having money doesn't mean they are good dog owners. Michael Vick had tons of money.
True, financial security (if there is such a damn thing) is important to raise these beasts but something tells me it wasn't a deciding factor. Something just seems not right about it. I don't know

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I don't wanna come off wrong here but..... Sounds like he auctioned off his dog Doubt he screened the buyer any more than a credit check. Money isn't everything. Having money doesn't mean they are good dog owners. Michael Vick had tons of money.
True, financial security (if there is such a damn thing) is important to raise these beasts but something tells me it wasn't a deciding factor. Something just seems not right about it. I don't know

I don't know him..but his actions are certainly idiotic! No way do you sell your family pet on Twitter. No way that is a responsible action. I don't care if you ask $5,000. You don't find a home on Twitter for crying out loud! :shout:

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess

I agree.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
It worries me that someone might have bought the bully just because it was Kendrick Perkins and not because they actually want a bully and know all the responsibilities that come with being a bully owner. Stupid, stupid people out there :cursing::bang::yell:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm sure he took the money. He's a big washed up overweight loser who needs the money.

...and just think: the guy/gal who got the dog, can say, "Yeah, my dog used to belong to that big washed up overweight loser NBA player whatshisname. That dumb jerk put the dog on Twitter. Thank God I got him instead of some loser who wouldn't take care of him....".

In other words, hopefully, they new owners are one of "us".

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have to agree putting your dog on twitter is bs. there are other ways to rehome a dog than that and charging on top of it. hes and nba player and im sure has an assistant who could rehome the dog to a good person if he cant be bothered with it. this is just so wrong.

Heff102

Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
I am a good dog owner. I have re homed a dog on Kijiji in the past. We did it for the best interest of the dog. She was a pit bull and the neighbourhood was in a tiff at me about her. So I decided the best thing for the dog was to re home her to a country home. We talk to the new owners regularly and trust me we did the right thing for her.

So people my point here is do not be so fast to criticize people for what they do.

In the end this could be the best thing for that bully.

So is there any real difference between twitter and Kijiji? Kijiji for those that do not know is a subsidiary of EBay.

I dare anyone here to criticize me for what I did!

Sorry one last point. I did charge for her. And yes it does eliminate some of the folks that should not or could not afford to maintain a pet.

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i am going to say that this thread will not be turned into an argument and if it does it will be closed so please lets all be kind and respectful of every ones point of view.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Okay I'm not going to have a popular response here.

Many people, rescues and breeders rehome their bulldogs using social media. English bulldog news alone is considered social media and people and rescues, using this site, on many occasions found great homes for bulldogs.

Every rescue organization out there has profiles for adoptable bulldogs on Facebook and twitter.

With that being said, I think the problem here is not rehoming on twitter necessarily, but how it was done!!!

With posts that say:

@KendrickPerkins: @itsnewman88 do you want him bro come get him right now if you seriously

And

@KendrickPerkins: Do anybody wants him seriously he needs to be gone by tomorrow

And

@KendrickPerkins: I just don't want to sell him but we don't have time for him taking bids now

It is easy to disregard his post that says:

@KendrickPerkins: I will work with the family who wants him 1,500 is the asking price but we can negotiate the price. Just want him to have a good family

In his case his posts were made in very bad taste, as if he was selling a used TV.

I took snapshots of the posts. Sorry but I feel he got all the grief he deserved for being so uncaring.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372002179.940061.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372002192.018985.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Okay I'm not going to have a popular response here.

Many people, rescues and breeders rehome their bulldogs using social media. English bulldog news alone is considered social media and people and rescues, using this site, on many occasions found great homes for bulldogs.

Every rescue organization out there has profiles for adoptable bulldogs on Facebook and twitter.

With that being said, I think the problem here is not rehoming on twitter necessarily, but how it was done!!!

With posts that say:

@KendrickPerkins: @itsnewman88 do you want him bro come get him right now if you seriously

And

@KendrickPerkins: Do anybody wants him seriously he needs to be gone by tomorrow

And

@KendrickPerkins: I just don't want to sell him but we don't have time for him taking bids now

It is easy to disregard his post that says:

@KendrickPerkins: I will work with the family who wants him 1,500 is the asking price but we can negotiate the price. Just want him to have a good family

In his case his posts were made in very bad taste, as if he was selling a used TV.

I took snapshots of the posts. Sorry but I feel he got all the grief he deserved for being so uncaring.

View attachment 46564
View attachment 46565

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

You Go "BRO"

:angry:umb a** jerks in this world...Pfffffffffffffft!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.