URGENT please read about Site Notifications!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
A member of EBN is having some trouble with their account, so I was testing the login and once I logged in, I found their notifications to all be showing with no X's and all 0's. See photo below.

Is anyone else out there seeing this same thing? Or is this account corrupted?

Thanks all please let me know, I would like to fix their acct asap.

notifications.jpg

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
probably a corrupt cookie in their temporary internet files.

I don't think so, that is how I am viewing it logged into their account. The weird part was I could not find their acct using the username they had chosen, had to use their email. Removed the "&" in their username and it worked. But then when I logged in that is what I saw, but it looks normal in my account and other testing accounts too. I am thinking the profile may be broken or corrupeted since I could not find their user to begin with. Thanks for all of you who responded, just wanted to be sure the whole site wasn't looking at it that way!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I don't think so, that is how I am viewing it logged into their account. The weird part was I could not find their acct using the username they had chosen, had to use their email. Removed the "&" in their username and it worked. But then when I logged in that is what I saw, but it looks normal in my account and other testing accounts too. I am thinking the profile may be broken or corrupeted since I could not find their user to begin with. Thanks for all of you who responded, just wanted to be sure the whole site wasn't looking at it that way!
When you put it that way you are probably right and that it is something that is corrupt within the user account itself or the user database for the site and systemic of the beginning of a larger issue. I do not envy you having to fix this at all.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
k...not sure i am understanding correctly....but my notifications at the bottom have all 0's ( 0) <---- looks like this.....is this correct or no?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
k...not sure i am understanding correctly....but my notifications at the bottom have all 0's ( 0) <---- looks like this.....is this correct or no?

No you should only see what notifications have something, you should not see any with 0's

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Should be like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371684762.173193.jpg

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
No you should only see what notifications have something, you should not see any with 0's

ok..well mine looks just like the example in your first post above....i have (0) beside each notification....when you did a post quote to me it was like this (1)

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Thinking the (X) your seeing allows you to remove the notification, the (0) 's are the count, logging in with "&" button is a code problem, "Special Character" outside it's realm, sorta like searching code through a " *.*" I forget what they call the star key, but in Windows code, their WildCard characters. That might be the problem with the Account, just my opinion. Hope it makes since and is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thank you [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] for your input.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thinking the (X) your seeing allows you to remove the notification, the (0) 's are the count, logging in with "&" button is a code problem, "Special Character" outside it's realm, sorta like searching code through a " *.*" I forget what they call the star key, but in Windows code, their WildCard characters. That might be the problem with the Account, just my opinion. Hope it makes since and is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This is what I'm thinking. I've notified the developer.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online