Yucky tear stains

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
what can i do about tear stains before they get really bad?, any advice would be appreciated

PABULLDOG

Dec 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gemma
I'm having the same issue. I just started giving her spring water instead of filter water and i have notice a difference already. I also ordered angels eyes. I will update you later on that.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Angel eyes is a waste of money in my opinion. There are these pads called Duoxo 30 pads, they sell them on Amazon at a ridiculously inexpensive price. You wipe the folds every day and it makes all the difference in the world. Buster had really bad tear stains and the vet sold us a container of these and they have all gone away and have not come back. They really work well and you'll notice a difference really quick.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Angel eyes is a waste of money in my opinion. There are these pads called Duoxo 30 pads, they sell them on Amazon at a ridiculously inexpensive price. You wipe the folds every day and it makes all the difference in the world. Buster had really bad tear stains and the vet sold us a container of these and they have all gone away and have not come back. They really work well and you'll notice a difference really quick.

I had no luck with Angel Eyes either...but I'm going to look into the Duoxo 30 pads. Thanks!

Hannah

Dec 16, 2012
Las Vegas
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer, Hannah and Mia
I have had no luck with angel eyes. Duoxo pads seem to work and then I put a small dab of desitin diaper cream on each fold. Also someone said to try Stridex pads. I have not tried them yet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Some have success with the Duoxo pads, filter water has helped. How old is Rebel... he is a pup yet right?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I don't like Angel Eyes ... but I have heard many say that a simple switch to filtered water, or added a few drops of apple cider vinegar to their water has helped.

Food can play a big part in tear stains too .. what are you feeding him at the moment?

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
I haven't tried the Douxo pads before, but I have used a chlorhexidine solution on Hudson a few times that came in a bottle and that seems to really help him. Totally going to try the pads, those aren't terribly expensive - that's awesome! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't tried the Douxo pads before, but I have used a chlorhexidine solution on Hudson a few times that came in a bottle and that seems to really help him. Totally going to try the pads, those aren't terribly expensive - that's awesome! Thanks!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I swear by neo-predef powder for wrinkles. My vet prescribed it a couple years ago to help with Samson's irritated facial wrinkles and it worked wonderfully. Good luck!

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
He eats Blue wilderness grain free

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts