Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lesson learned the Bully Way !!! Never put hands Between a Bully's Lips and an Electric Toothbrush !!

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Default Lesson learned the Bully Way !!! Never put hands Between a Bully's Lips and an Electric Toothbrush !!

I ordered them (Rocky & Rambo) an Electric tooth brush the other day, From Amazon's Smile White store, with Two interchangeable heads, Used Red marksalot for Rambo, and Blue for Rocky, Since marking one or the other with an "R" would only make things worse..... I put Rocky on the sink, ugh.... and told Rambo to pay attention, I turned the toothbrush on after adding a little crest, ya know a couple inches from his mouth, Fingers holding up his lips, for a Big Bully Smile, and he was very attentative!!, First Time I've ever seen Rocky show any agression, He bit the Tooth Brush head Right off of the body, and the struggle was on to get the brush head back, needless to say, it came out of his mouth in several pieces, Absolutely Destroyed..... So Not being discouraged, Nor showing I lost the Battle, But WILL WIN THE WAR, I shook my head and said Uhhhhh, Uhhhhh, Uhhhh, Put Rocky down, Off of the sink, Where Rambo is Patiently waiting for his turn, and picked Rambo Up, and put him on the countertop next to the sink, Put the Red Rambo's head on the electric tooth brush, a little crest, looked at Rocky and said..... Pay attention boy what a good Boy Rambo is, and he will have good smelling breath too, Rocky attentatively watched with his tongue hanging out in eagerness, and so did Rambo, I gently pull Rambo's lip up, Showing off his great smile, and I turn the toothbrush on again, a few inches from Rambo's mouth, Rambo reached over and snapped the head right off with his teeth, and gobbled it like a goat!! The struggle is on again, to get the brush thingy back, Rambo cant get a grip on the slippery countertop, but turns towards the mirror, Butt in my face, Gobbling the toothbrush head like a Goat..... Rocky is sitting behind me, egging Rambo on with his barking!!! OMG...The Tooth Brush head came out of his mouth in Three Pieces, Needless to say, after work today, I'm NOT DISCOURAGED, and I'M NOT GIVING UP, I will be stopping at Wall-Mart, and will be picking up 6-8 regular tooth brushes, This task will be ACCOMPLISHED !!! They only THINK they own the house, But I still pay the WATER BILL !! I told them both that, as I left for Work...... Someone has to pay for their Destruction !! They may have won the Battle, But I will WIN THIS WAR !!!
    Last edited by Casper; 06-18-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lesson learned the Bully Way !!! Never put hands Between a Bully's Lips and an Electric Toothbrush !!

NO WAY an electric toothbrush?
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lesson learned the Bully Way !!! Never put hands Between a Bully's Lips and an Electric Toothbrush !!

I'm not laughing at you...I'm laughing with you! You'll win...they'll get it. Dudley actually likes his teeth brushed. He loves his ears washed too. His wrinkles...now that's an ugly story! Hang in! But I have to tell you...you so brightened my day!

Real Name
    Chas
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pickle
    Likes (Received)

lol, maby when they were chewing on the brushes it cleaned their teeth. That is a funny story

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Haha. This is hilarious. I wish you had a video. But why an electric toothbrush? Maybe the noise scared them? You can buy a toothbrush and toothpaste kit for dogs at Petsmart, one brand is Arm and Hammer, and it comes with a toothbrush and a finger brush, plus a tube of beef, or chicken flavoured toothpaste made for dogs. I'm not sure if human toothpaste is safe for dogs.
    Last edited by Vikinggirl; 06-18-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Funny story. I was just picturing the series of events in my head as I was reading it and saw the images of your boy going "oh yeah.. we will show you.... chomp chomp..."

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I looked up whether toothpaste is safe for dogs, and found it is not, I copied and pasted the following:

Dogmabit...
    Use dog toothpaste. If you look on the ingredients, you will probably find xylitol or some other artificial sweetener. Xylitol is deadly poison to dogs (look it up) and it doesn't take much to do the damage. If it's some other artificial sweetener, my guess is it's probably poison to them, too.

Either use good old fashioned baking soda (harmless but nasty tasting), or get paste made for dogs.
    Source(s):
    btdt
    3 years ago Report Abuse

Answer
    No, it is not safe to use human toothpaste on dogs. Most toothpaste contain fluoride which some claim to be unsafe even for humans. If you wish to brush your dog's teeth, try something safer like salt or baking soda. Besides, you do not have to brush your dog's teeth everyday.

Absolutely not. Human dentifrice or toothpaste should never be used in dogs. Many human toothpastes and other oral hygiene products contain xylitol, a sugar substitute that is safe for use in humans but highly toxic in dogs.

Even if there is no xylitol in the toothpaste, these foaming products contain ingredients that are not intended to be swallowed and that could cause internal problems if they are swallowed. Human products often contain higher levels of sodium than your pet requires, which is another reason why they should not be swallowed.

You should also avoid using baking soda to clean your dog's teeth. Baking soda is alkaline and if swallowed can upset the acid balance in the stomach and digestive tract. In addition, baking soda does not taste very good, and may cause your dog to be uncooperative when you try to brush its teeth.

Why is pet toothpaste recommended?
    Numerous pet toothpastes that are non-foaming and safe to be swallowed are available in flavors that are appealing to dogs; depending on the brand, you may be able to find flavors such as poultry, beef, malt or mint. If you use a product that tastes good, your pet will be more likely to enjoy the whole experience. In addition to the pleasant taste, many of these doggy toothpastes contain enzymes that are designed to help break down plaque chemically, thus reducing the time you need to spend actually brushing your dog's teeth.
    Last edited by Vikinggirl; 06-18-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Boy you have a way of telling stories man!! That is funny stuff! Like GOATS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You better be careful or they'll gang up on you in the middle of the night and smother you with hugs and kisses! Cool story and I needed it right now!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Note to self.....

Who's the loose nut in this story?

hint....His name doesn't begin with an "R"

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Too funny, they may do better with a regular toothbrush for doggies. Plus hope you were just joking about the Crest tooth paste, as @Vikinggirl has said, human tooth paste is poisonous to our babies. Good luck with the other tooth brushes.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Nisha (Nicchia) Vella
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss
    Likes (Received)

That's sooo funny.Naughty boys you have.Must have been scared by the noise of the toothbrushes though.Good luck for next time.
    Nishy Bear

Real Name
    nancy l
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    abigail & jackson
    Likes (Received)

Lol love the story put a smile on my face,! Maybe regular toothbrushes will work better! Will be waiting to read the next chapter!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads