Lesson learned the Bully Way !!! Never put hands Between a Bully's Lips and an Electric Toothbrush !!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hey Dave, don't feel bad at all. Did I ever tell you about the time I nearly crushed Ace in the camper? I thought all dogs were out of it so I started closing up the slides. Bedroom slide first goes first. It got all the way done and then the kitchen another slides starts. All of a sudden I heard this faint sound. Immediately I knew what it was and my heart sunk to the bottom of the ocean it seemed. Sure enough, Ace must have been sleeping on the floor and he got up and all I could see was his snout and eyes. He had gotten wedged between the bed mattress and the dresser. He was wedged at the head and neck. Had the bed support frame been the length of the mattress I would have decapitated him. It's an image that still haunts me. Turned out thank gawd he was perfectly fine. An angel was watching out for him in that moment. We now do a count.

Oh and Ace loved loved toothpaste. Crest too. He got a little lick of it from my finger every single day and night for years. ;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION], don't worry. I am actually considering a mandatory title change for [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION]. :lol: pretty sure there is enough to come up with even if he protests the bio.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
@JeanieCo yes, most toothpaste have sugar substitutes in them that are toxic to our bully babies.

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hey Dave, don't feel bad at all. Did I ever tell you about the time I nearly crushed Ace in the camper? I thought all dogs were out of it so I started closing up the slides. Bedroom slide first goes first. It got all the way done and then the kitchen another slides starts. All of a sudden I heard this faint sound. Immediately I knew what it was and my heart sunk to the bottom of the ocean it seemed. Sure enough, Ace must have been sleeping on the floor and he got up and all I could see was his snout and eyes. He had gotten wedged between the bed mattress and the dresser. He was wedged at the head and neck. Had the bed support frame been the length of the mattress I would have decapitated him. It's an image that still haunts me. Turned out thank gawd he was perfectly fine. An angel was watching out for him in that moment. We now do a count.

Oh and Ace loved loved toothpaste. Crest too. He got a little lick of it from my finger every single day and night for years. ;)

omg…… my heart just dropped reading this, eyes and snout, omg….. I know Ace was sure happy you found him quick…. Jeannie…. that poor baby…. I just knew treating Rocky and Rambo through their mouth was the right thing to do…. Both are Bully Goats, and Both mouth everything…. Reading that article [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] posted, just blew me away….. Never in a million years would I have guessed that…. I'm always looking foreword to [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] posting the surveys, and didn't know why he never asked what tooth paste each of us used….. Now I know !!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There actually are 'rubber tips with little bristles on them for brushing your pups tetth.... just a thought Dave.

BTW --- one of the funniest stories ever. have you ever thought to be a writer?

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
There actually are 'rubber tips with little bristles on them for brushing your pups tetth.... just a thought Dave.

BTW --- one of the funniest stories ever. have you ever thought to be a writer?

I've never given much thought to writing, but folks at work love to hear stories and experiences, always asking for more.... These two boys are so precious and lol, Rocky actually acknowledges me now, every time Rambo gets close. Rambo can't jump into my recliner, and Rocky can, lol, so every time Rambo comes over to get a little affection, Rocky jumps in my lap and Loves on me, lol just too cute. Rambo is still so busy investigating his new house, all the toys, and sizing every thing up, he's just so busy lol, and Rocky keeps him busy playing until Rambo is finished with his investigating and wanting to be petted and Loved on. Their both so Awesome, but admitted Rocky is more settled in, a little more mature, but also a little more jealous. Lord forbid, if I take a load of laundry out of my dryer to fold.... Both of them tag team the pile and bark at it until I fold them as if to tell me to do my job. Before Rambo, Rocky was such a picky eater too. Now they both know their feeding times, bowls hit the floor and they both devour their dinners. Just switching Rocky to BB Salmon and Potato, his coat is so much softer !! Just Awesome.... Rocky still comes to get me when he feels it's bed time, between 9:30 and 11:00 depending on his playtime with Rambo, and he will lay his head in my lap, like the avatar I had up, chin on my lap top, and close his eyes, then yawn At me, then gets me yawning!! But all this is after they've had their scoop of vanilla ice cream, and they both know that time too, and will sit in front of the freezer each night barking and pacing until I put a scoop in each bowl. Man Oh Man, I've created two spoiled rotten little men !! And I Love every minute of it, and their childhoods!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Great and funny story! And don't be so tough on yourself for not knowing about toothpaste. Sherman was my first Bulldog way back in the early 80s, we already had a 4 yr. old rescue German Shepherd named Jake. When Sherm was about 6 mos. old we took the boys up to a mountain lake. Jake jumped out of the car and ran down to the beach, to the end of the dock and jumped in the water. Of course, Sherm was right behind him and jumped in, too. He sunk. I had no idea Bulldogs couldn't swim. Luckily the lake was low and Sherman parted the water and walked up the bank. Then he turned around and barked at the water. It ended well, but we sure could have lost him.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Great and funny story! And don't be so tough on yourself for not knowing about toothpaste. Sherman was my first Bulldog way back in the early 80s, we already had a 4 yr. old rescue German Shepherd named Jake. When Sherm was about 6 mos. old we took the boys up to a mountain lake. Jake jumped out of the car and ran down to the beach, to the end of the dock and jumped in the water. Of course, Sherm was right behind him and jumped in, too. He sunk. I had no idea Bulldogs couldn't swim. Luckily the lake was low and Sherman parted the water and walked up the bank. Then he turned around and barked at the water. It ended well, but we sure could have lost him.

Sheldon swims but tires easily

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What a wonderful and funny story!!! Can't wait to read Part 2 - flossing!!! :clap2::lmaogirl:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I've never given much thought to writing, but folks at work love to hear stories and experiences, always asking for more.... These two boys are so precious and lol, Rocky actually acknowledges me now, every time Rambo gets close. Rambo can't jump into my recliner, and Rocky can, lol, so every time Rambo comes over to get a little affection, Rocky jumps in my lap and Loves on me, lol just too cute. Rambo is still so busy investigating his new house, all the toys, and sizing every thing up, he's just so busy lol, and Rocky keeps him busy playing until Rambo is finished with his investigating and wanting to be petted and Loved on. Their both so Awesome, but admitted Rocky is more settled in, a little more mature, but also a little more jealous. Lord forbid, if I take a load of laundry out of my dryer to fold.... Both of them tag team the pile and bark at it until I fold them as if to tell me to do my job. Before Rambo, Rocky was such a picky eater too. Now they both know their feeding times, bowls hit the floor and they both devour their dinners. Just switching Rocky to BB Salmon and Potato, his coat is so much softer !! Just Awesome.... Rocky still comes to get me when he feels it's bed time, between 9:30 and 11:00 depending on his playtime with Rambo, and he will lay his head in my lap, like the avatar I had up, chin on my lap top, and close his eyes, then yawn At me, then gets me yawning!! But all this is after they've had their scoop of vanilla ice cream, and they both know that time too, and will sit in front of the freezer each night barking and pacing until I put a scoop in each bowl. Man Oh Man, I've created two spoiled rotten little men !! And I Love every minute of it, and their childhoods!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Sheldon starts looking for me about 9 pm to go to bed its bedtime and last night I was late taking my shower and the hubby went into the bedroom and Sheldon was walking around the bed looking for me so my husband had to open the bathroom door to show Sheldon I was in the shower then he came in and wanted me to brush his teeth so I did then he went and laid down in the bedroom. Bully's remind me so much of children that you just can't help but treat them as one. Our neighbor has played so much with our Bulldog she is now wanting one.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online