Lesson learned the Bully Way !!! Never put hands Between a Bully's Lips and an Electric Toothbrush !!

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
And to think, my biggest concern this morning was figuring out how I was going to rinse their mouths out………. I honestly feel crummy!!!! Lack of knowledge could have killed one of my kids, or both, I need to start asking more questions before doing anything new. I just know that English Bull Dogs, In General have health issues, I'm more concerned about Rocky and Rambo than I've ever been with any of my other pets, Generally because of their health issues! Knowing in my life, I know how important personal health and Hygiene are, and how that Bad Teeth can cause numerous health problems, as just a start. Thinking I wanted to nip this issue in the Butt from jump street !! But after reading Monicas findings, I got to admit I feel like :poo:. Like everyone, I want the very best for my kids, and thinking I want the very best for them, and selfishly thinking I was doing the best for them, I would approach some things that we really haven't addressed before, Not in my readings anyway. Man Oh Man, I'm glad I did mention how my day started, but Ashamed now of not having the best knowledge available. Especially with search engines like "Google" and "Yahoo" & "Ask" and all the internet vast information sites.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It's okay, I had heard that toothpaste wasn't safe for dogs, but wasn't 100 % sure, so looked it up to make sure and I know that it's not supposed to be used by children under the age if 6 either, for the same reasons, it is poison if swallowed. I have a 5 year old Grandson who uses a child's toothpaste. This is how we all learn, and learn from each other. I'm also all about the mouth and teeth hygiene as I am a Dental Asistant , and I also brush my bullies teeth, but I also have them scaled as well.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
And to think, my biggest concern this morning was figuring out how I was going to rinse their mouths out………. I honestly feel crummy!!!! Lack of knowledge could have killed one of my kids, or both, I need to start asking more questions before doing anything new. I just know that English Bull Dogs, In General have health issues, I'm more concerned about Rocky and Rambo than I've ever been with any of my other pets, Generally because of their health issues! Knowing in my life, I know how important personal health and Hygiene are, and how that Bad Teeth can cause numerous health problems, as just a start. Thinking I wanted to nip this issue in the Butt from jump street !! But after reading Monicas findings, I got to admit I feel like :poo:. Like everyone, I want the very best for my kids, and thinking I want the very best for them, and selfishly thinking I was doing the best for them, I would approach some things that we really haven't addressed before, Not in my readings anyway. Man Oh Man, I'm glad I did mention how my day started, but Ashamed now of not having the best knowledge available. Especially with search engines like "Google" and "Yahoo" & "Ask" and all the internet vast information sites.

I am sure they would've had to consume the tube to be poisonous...and the dab on the brush might've been intestinal distressing...but if this is the worst thing that happens...you are Golden! don't you dare beat yourself up!

:hmm: That's for US to do! :tease:

Did I tell you my dogs love..love..love avocados...yup....not poisonous! Unless they eat the tree...not happening.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
:biglaugh: omg that was hysterical! Have to ask, we're they planning on rinsing and spitting out the toothpaste as well?! :lol: next time could ya please get a video?!?!

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
I ordered them (Rocky & Rambo) an Electric tooth brush the other day, From Amazon's Smile White store, with Two interchangeable heads, Used Red marksalot for Rambo, and Blue for Rocky, Since marking one or the other with an "R" would only make things worse..... I put Rocky on the sink, ugh.... and told Rambo to pay attention, I turned the toothbrush on after adding a little crest, ya know a couple inches from his mouth, Fingers holding up his lips, for a Big Bully Smile, and he was very attentative!!, First Time I've ever seen Rocky show any agression, He bit the Tooth Brush head Right off of the body, and the struggle was on to get the brush head back, needless to say, it came out of his mouth in several pieces, Absolutely Destroyed..... So Not being discouraged, Nor showing I lost the Battle, But WILL WIN THE WAR, I shook my head and said Uhhhhh, Uhhhhh, Uhhhh, Put Rocky down, Off of the sink, Where Rambo is Patiently waiting for his turn, and picked Rambo Up, and put him on the countertop next to the sink, Put the Red Rambo's head on the electric tooth brush, a little crest, looked at Rocky and said..... Pay attention boy what a good Boy Rambo is, and he will have good smelling breath too, Rocky attentatively watched with his tongue hanging out in eagerness, and so did Rambo, I gently pull Rambo's lip up, Showing off his great smile, and I turn the toothbrush on again, a few inches from Rambo's mouth, Rambo reached over and snapped the head right off with his teeth, and gobbled it like a goat!! The struggle is on again, to get the brush thingy back, Rambo cant get a grip on the slippery countertop, but turns towards the mirror, Butt in my face, Gobbling the toothbrush head like a Goat..... Rocky is sitting behind me, egging Rambo on with his barking!!! OMG...The Tooth Brush head came out of his mouth in Three Pieces, Needless to say, after work today, I'm NOT DISCOURAGED, and I'M NOT GIVING UP, I will be stopping at Wall-Mart, and will be picking up 6-8 regular tooth brushes, This task will be ACCOMPLISHED !!! They only THINK they own the house, But I still pay the WATER BILL !! I told them both that, as I left for Work...... Someone has to pay for their Destruction !! They may have won the Battle, But I will WIN THIS WAR !!!

I am seriously :LMAO:!!!! The visual that I am getting from reading your description of events is absolutely priceless!!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I ordered them (Rocky & Rambo) an Electric tooth brush the other day, From Amazon's Smile White store, with Two interchangeable heads, Used Red marksalot for Rambo, and Blue for Rocky, Since marking one or the other with an "R" would only make things worse..... I put Rocky on the sink, ugh.... and told Rambo to pay attention, I turned the toothbrush on after adding a little crest, ya know a couple inches from his mouth, Fingers holding up his lips, for a Big Bully Smile, and he was very attentative!!, First Time I've ever seen Rocky show any agression, He bit the Tooth Brush head Right off of the body, and the struggle was on to get the brush head back, needless to say, it came out of his mouth in several pieces, Absolutely Destroyed..... So Not being discouraged, Nor showing I lost the Battle, But WILL WIN THE WAR, I shook my head and said Uhhhhh, Uhhhhh, Uhhhh, Put Rocky down, Off of the sink, Where Rambo is Patiently waiting for his turn, and picked Rambo Up, and put him on the countertop next to the sink, Put the Red Rambo's head on the electric tooth brush, a little crest, looked at Rocky and said..... Pay attention boy what a good Boy Rambo is, and he will have good smelling breath too, Rocky attentatively watched with his tongue hanging out in eagerness, and so did Rambo, I gently pull Rambo's lip up, Showing off his great smile, and I turn the toothbrush on again, a few inches from Rambo's mouth, Rambo reached over and snapped the head right off with his teeth, and gobbled it like a goat!! The struggle is on again, to get the brush thingy back, Rambo cant get a grip on the slippery countertop, but turns towards the mirror, Butt in my face, Gobbling the toothbrush head like a Goat..... Rocky is sitting behind me, egging Rambo on with his barking!!! OMG...The Tooth Brush head came out of his mouth in Three Pieces, Needless to say, after work today, I'm NOT DISCOURAGED, and I'M NOT GIVING UP, I will be stopping at Wall-Mart, and will be picking up 6-8 regular tooth brushes, This task will be ACCOMPLISHED !!! They only THINK they own the house, But I still pay the WATER BILL !! I told them both that, as I left for Work...... Someone has to pay for their Destruction !! They may have won the Battle, But I will WIN THIS WAR !!!
LOL I bought doggy tooth paste and toothbrush and Sheldon loves having his teeth brushed and how it started was he kept coming in the bathroom when we were brushing our teeth and he paid such great attention I finally looked at him and said What? You want Mommy to brush your teeth so I got his tooth paste and tooth brush out and low and behold I brushed his teeth and he loved it he walks around smiling his bully smile after I brush his teeth like he is so proud. Just have patience and you will win this war.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
This was quite possibly one of the funniest stories I've ever read!!!! @Casper you have a way of telling these amazingly vivid stories :clap2:

I say now that Rambo's in your house we need to pitch a reality show for you guys I know I would be tuning in just to watch all these sheninagans

Also please don't get down on yourself about the toothpaste. We all have our moments sometimes. Besides maybe thats why the boys snatched the tooth brush heads off to tip you off

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
THink I should mention.... Do NOT use Listerine to wash their mouth out.

Somehow I just feel that warning was necessary.... just saying.. :laugh:

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
That was a funny story!! I was trying to visual it happening! A regular toothbrush may definitely work better for you!!

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
THink I should mention.... Do NOT use Listerine to wash their mouth out.

Somehow I just feel that warning was necessary.... just saying.. :laugh:

This was a thought yesterday, but after last night, I dumped this idea, figuring this statement was sure to come.... Thank You for the great Tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
casper.jpg@casper @mavsfan4life @JAKEISGREAT @cali~jenn How come he gets a pass on this? This should be a 20 page thread! Dave should automatically have his title revoked and a new vote immediately!! View attachment 46341

Last edited by a moderator:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Haha - those Stallone boys are no dummies. Maybe a bone instead so they can clean them themselves ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.