Lesson learned the Bully Way !!! Never put hands Between a Bully's Lips and an Electric Toothbrush !!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I ordered them (Rocky & Rambo) an Electric tooth brush the other day, From Amazon's Smile White store, with Two interchangeable heads, Used Red marksalot for Rambo, and Blue for Rocky, Since marking one or the other with an "R" would only make things worse..... I put Rocky on the sink, ugh.... and told Rambo to pay attention, I turned the toothbrush on after adding a little crest, ya know a couple inches from his mouth, Fingers holding up his lips, for a Big Bully Smile, and he was very attentative!!, First Time I've ever seen Rocky show any agression, He bit the Tooth Brush head Right off of the body, and the struggle was on to get the brush head back, needless to say, it came out of his mouth in several pieces, Absolutely Destroyed..... So Not being discouraged, Nor showing I lost the Battle, But WILL WIN THE WAR, I shook my head and said Uhhhhh, Uhhhhh, Uhhhh, Put Rocky down, Off of the sink, Where Rambo is Patiently waiting for his turn, and picked Rambo Up, and put him on the countertop next to the sink, Put the Red Rambo's head on the electric tooth brush, a little crest, looked at Rocky and said..... Pay attention boy what a good Boy Rambo is, and he will have good smelling breath too, Rocky attentatively watched with his tongue hanging out in eagerness, and so did Rambo, I gently pull Rambo's lip up, Showing off his great smile, and I turn the toothbrush on again, a few inches from Rambo's mouth, Rambo reached over and snapped the head right off with his teeth, and gobbled it like a goat!! The struggle is on again, to get the brush thingy back, Rambo cant get a grip on the slippery countertop, but turns towards the mirror, Butt in my face, Gobbling the toothbrush head like a Goat..... Rocky is sitting behind me, egging Rambo on with his barking!!! OMG...The Tooth Brush head came out of his mouth in Three Pieces, Needless to say, after work today, I'm NOT DISCOURAGED, and I'M NOT GIVING UP, I will be stopping at Wall-Mart, and will be picking up 6-8 regular tooth brushes, This task will be ACCOMPLISHED !!! They only THINK they own the house, But I still pay the WATER BILL !! I told them both that, as I left for Work...... Someone has to pay for their Destruction !! They may have won the Battle, But I will WIN THIS WAR !!!

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:eek:

NO WAY an electric toothbrush? :ROFL:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
:DI'm not laughing at you...I'm laughing with you! You'll win...they'll get it. Dudley actually likes his teeth brushed. He loves his ears washed too. His wrinkles...now that's an ugly story! Hang in! But I have to tell you...you so brightened my day!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Haha. This is hilarious. I wish you had a video. But why an electric toothbrush? Maybe the noise scared them? You can buy a toothbrush and toothpaste kit for dogs at Petsmart, one brand is Arm and Hammer, and it comes with a toothbrush and a finger brush, plus a tube of beef, or chicken flavoured toothpaste made for dogs. I'm not sure if human toothpaste is safe for dogs.

Last edited:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Funny story. I was just picturing the series of events in my head as I was reading it and saw the images of your boy going "oh yeah.. we will show you.... chomp chomp..."

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I looked up whether toothpaste is safe for dogs, and found it is not, I copied and pasted the following:

Dogmabit...
Use dog toothpaste. If you look on the ingredients, you will probably find xylitol or some other artificial sweetener. Xylitol is deadly poison to dogs (look it up) and it doesn't take much to do the damage. If it's some other artificial sweetener, my guess is it's probably poison to them, too.

Either use good old fashioned baking soda (harmless but nasty tasting), or get paste made for dogs.
Source(s):
btdt
3 years ago Report Abuse

Answer
No, it is not safe to use human toothpaste on dogs. Most toothpaste contain fluoride which some claim to be unsafe even for humans. If you wish to brush your dog's teeth, try something safer like salt or baking soda. Besides, you do not have to brush your dog's teeth everyday.

Absolutely not. Human dentifrice or toothpaste should never be used in dogs. Many human toothpastes and other oral hygiene products contain xylitol, a sugar substitute that is safe for use in humans but highly toxic in dogs.

Even if there is no xylitol in the toothpaste, these foaming products contain ingredients that are not intended to be swallowed and that could cause internal problems if they are swallowed. Human products often contain higher levels of sodium than your pet requires, which is another reason why they should not be swallowed.

You should also avoid using baking soda to clean your dog's teeth. Baking soda is alkaline and if swallowed can upset the acid balance in the stomach and digestive tract. In addition, baking soda does not taste very good, and may cause your dog to be uncooperative when you try to brush its teeth.

Why is pet toothpaste recommended?
Numerous pet toothpastes that are non-foaming and safe to be swallowed are available in flavors that are appealing to dogs; depending on the brand, you may be able to find flavors such as poultry, beef, malt or mint. If you use a product that tastes good, your pet will be more likely to enjoy the whole experience. In addition to the pleasant taste, many of these doggy toothpastes contain enzymes that are designed to help break down plaque chemically, thus reducing the time you need to spend actually brushing your dog's teeth.

Last edited:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boy you have a way of telling stories man!! That is funny stuff! Like GOATS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You better be careful or they'll gang up on you in the middle of the night and smother you with hugs and kisses! Cool story and I needed it right now! :yes:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Too funny, they may do better with a regular toothbrush for doggies. Plus hope you were just joking about the Crest tooth paste, as [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] has said, human tooth paste is poisonous to our babies. Good luck with the other tooth brushes. :)

Bossy Boots

Feb 5, 2012
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
That's sooo funny.Naughty boys you have.Must have been scared by the noise of the toothbrushes though.Good luck for next time.

Abby&Jacks Mom

May 1, 2013
connecticut
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
abigail & jackson
Lol love the story put a smile on my face,:biglaugh:! Maybe regular toothbrushes will work better! Will be waiting to read the next chapter!

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
:eek:

NO WAY an electric toothbrush? :ROFL:

Ohhhh Yea, Amazon always sends me their local deals, through their app, this one came from the Smile Bright store, and thinking I have an electric toothbrush, On those mornings when I'm in a rush to get out the door, The electric model would ensure a thorough brushing, and maybe even message their gums….. So I figured okay, I ordered it with the replacement head, Thinking one for each, cleanliness is next to godliness, So I ordered it, when it came in, it had it's little charger, the case for the heads, a little night light that shows you its charging, So I marked Rocky's brush head blue, and Rambo's toothbrush head Red, not wanting to mix them up, and knowing I couldn't brush with someone else's toothbrush, I really thought it was a great idea…..Until this morning!

Haha. This is hilarious. I wish you had a video. But why an electric toothbrush? Maybe the noise scared them? You can buy a toothbrush and toothpaste kit for dogs at Petsmart, one brand is Arm and Hammer, and it comes with a toothbrush and a finger brush, plus a tube of beef, or chicken flavoured toothpaste made for dogs. I'm not sure if human toothpaste is safe for dogs.

Monica, my reasoning was, if it's safe for human consumption, and made for bone, then they should be okay…. I mean it wasn't chocolate, Alvacado, or anything i've ever heard of or read of being dangerous, but luckily I knew an electric tooth brush, a little goes an extreme way, and the head of an electric tooth brush is much smaller than a normal brush, so for their teeth was just a dab, I doubt they even tasted it in their rush to devour the plastic stem, The head is just plastic, or should I say it was…… I'm sitting with the boys playing now, they have a rope and are playing tug a war, They've eaten dinner, But i'll surely get them some tooth paste from Pet Smart…. Dang, I had no idea they would destroy the tooth brush, or the paste was harmful!, I'm all about hygiene. Thanks for the article you sent me, and I didn't want to introduce any junk food or pastes or anything to their diet that would cause an allergy or diarrhea, Figured Crest was good enough for me….. Guessing Not though! Dang…

Funny story. I was just picturing the series of events in my head as I was reading it and saw the images of your boy going "oh yeah.. we will show you.... chomp chomp..."

Todd, it was definitely a quick chomp, not much warning either, I don't think they minded the noise of it starting up, They both have this thing about plastic, Nothing made of plastic should survive shredding….. I had a hard time getting it back from them…. Thinking Rambo would show Rocky how it was done, and all Rambo did was confirm Rockys feeling all plastic must be destroyed beyond recognition.

Boy you have a way of telling stories man!! That is funny stuff! Like GOATS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You better be careful or they'll gang up on you in the middle of the night and smother you with hugs and kisses! Cool story and I needed it right now! :yes:

Oh Yea Phil, like Bully Goats, and I mean it was a quick chomp…chomp…chomp, GIVE IT BACK… Chomp…Chomp…Chomp…

:hmm: Note to self.....

Who's the loose nut in this story?

hint....His name doesn't begin with an "R"

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Okay Becky… Maybe it wasn't the best idea I've ever had, But I truly had their best hygiene in mind…. Teeth effects the best health… Thinking I wanted to approach it a little differently……. So Exactly what are you SAYIN?? :p

Too funny, they may do better with a regular toothbrush for doggies. Plus hope you were just joking about the Crest tooth paste, as @Vikinggirl has said, human tooth paste is poisonous to our babies. Good luck with the other tooth brushes. :)

Nope, I wish I were, thinking I haven't heard or read anything negative about brushing, and no tips on their teeth other than the Denta Bone… Thinking the electric Brush and a dab of crest would be great…. They disagreed !! glad I gathered up enough courage to embarrass myself by telling this story, However I was embarrassed they ate the brush X2, I figured they were just being their Bully Selves, until I read the article @Vikinggirl posted !! I guess they knew better than me…. I learn something new everyday… An electric brush is easily replaceable, Their Not !! So I learned something very valuable today, I'll use Arm and Hammer from Pet Smart next time, and put more effort into a regular brush, and hope for the best.

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], is that true about regular toothpaste? I use the doggie one but just hadn't heard that before.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.