Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lesson learned the Bully Way !!! Never put hands Between a Bully's Lips and an Electric Toothbrush !!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lesson learned the Bully Way !!! Never put hands Between a Bully's Lips and an Electric Toothbrush !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post

NO WAY an electric toothbrush?
    I'm bustin' a serious gut over here!! You took the words right out of my mouth Sherry.

Dave, we need to have a talk!! No one can hear us right now so I'm just gonna say WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lesson learned the Bully Way !!! Never put hands Between a Bully's Lips and an Electric Toothbrush !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post

NO WAY an electric toothbrush?
    Ohhhh Yea, Amazon always sends me their local deals, through their app, this one came from the Smile Bright store, and thinking I have an electric toothbrush, On those mornings when I'm in a rush to get out the door, The electric model would ensure a thorough brushing, and maybe even message their gums….. So I figured okay, I ordered it with the replacement head, Thinking one for each, cleanliness is next to godliness, So I ordered it, when it came in, it had it's little charger, the case for the heads, a little night light that shows you its charging, So I marked Rocky's brush head blue, and Rambo's toothbrush head Red, not wanting to mix them up, and knowing I couldn't brush with someone else's toothbrush, I really thought it was a great idea…..Until this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Haha. This is hilarious. I wish you had a video. But why an electric toothbrush? Maybe the noise scared them? You can buy a toothbrush and toothpaste kit for dogs at Petsmart, one brand is Arm and Hammer, and it comes with a toothbrush and a finger brush, plus a tube of beef, or chicken flavoured toothpaste made for dogs. I'm not sure if human toothpaste is safe for dogs.
    Monica, my reasoning was, if it's safe for human consumption, and made for bone, then they should be okay…. I mean it wasn't chocolate, Alvacado, or anything i've ever heard of or read of being dangerous, but luckily I knew an electric tooth brush, a little goes an extreme way, and the head of an electric tooth brush is much smaller than a normal brush, so for their teeth was just a dab, I doubt they even tasted it in their rush to devour the plastic stem, The head is just plastic, or should I say it was…… I'm sitting with the boys playing now, they have a rope and are playing tug a war, They've eaten dinner, But i'll surely get them some tooth paste from Pet Smart…. Dang, I had no idea they would destroy the tooth brush, or the paste was harmful!, I'm all about hygiene. Thanks for the article you sent me, and I didn't want to introduce any junk food or pastes or anything to their diet that would cause an allergy or diarrhea, Figured Crest was good enough for me….. Guessing Not though! Dang…

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    Funny story. I was just picturing the series of events in my head as I was reading it and saw the images of your boy going "oh yeah.. we will show you.... chomp chomp..."
    Todd, it was definitely a quick chomp, not much warning either, I don't think they minded the noise of it starting up, They both have this thing about plastic, Nothing made of plastic should survive shredding….. I had a hard time getting it back from them…. Thinking Rambo would show Rocky how it was done, and all Rambo did was confirm Rockys feeling all plastic must be destroyed beyond recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    Boy you have a way of telling stories man!! That is funny stuff! Like GOATS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You better be careful or they'll gang up on you in the middle of the night and smother you with hugs and kisses! Cool story and I needed it right now!
    Oh Yea Phil, like Bully Goats, and I mean it was a quick chomp…chomp…chomp, GIVE IT BACK… Chomp…Chomp…Chomp…

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Note to self.....

Who's the loose nut in this story?

hint....His name doesn't begin with an "R"

Okay Becky… Maybe it wasn't the best idea I've ever had, But I truly had their best hygiene in mind…. Teeth effects the best health… Thinking I wanted to approach it a little differently……. So Exactly what are you SAYIN??

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Too funny, they may do better with a regular toothbrush for doggies. Plus hope you were just joking about the Crest tooth paste, as @Vikinggirl has said, human tooth paste is poisonous to our babies. Good luck with the other tooth brushes.
    Nope, I wish I were, thinking I haven't heard or read anything negative about brushing, and no tips on their teeth other than the Denta Bone… Thinking the electric Brush and a dab of crest would be great…. They disagreed !! glad I gathered up enough courage to embarrass myself by telling this story, However I was embarrassed they ate the brush X2, I figured they were just being their Bully Selves, until I read the article @Vikinggirl posted !! I guess they knew better than me…. I learn something new everyday… An electric brush is easily replaceable, Their Not !! So I learned something very valuable today, I'll use Arm and Hammer from Pet Smart next time, and put more effort into a regular brush, and hope for the best.
    Last edited by Casper; 06-18-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

@Davidh, is that true about regular toothpaste? I use the doggie one but just hadn't heard that before.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

And to think, my biggest concern this morning was figuring out how I was going to rinse their mouths out………. I honestly feel crummy!!!! Lack of knowledge could have killed one of my kids, or both, I need to start asking more questions before doing anything new. I just know that English Bull Dogs, In General have health issues, I'm more concerned about Rocky and Rambo than I've ever been with any of my other pets, Generally because of their health issues! Knowing in my life, I know how important personal health and Hygiene are, and how that Bad Teeth can cause numerous health problems, as just a start. Thinking I wanted to nip this issue in the Butt from jump street !! But after reading Monicas findings, I got to admit I feel like . Like everyone, I want the very best for my kids, and thinking I want the very best for them, and selfishly thinking I was doing the best for them, I would approach some things that we really haven't addressed before, Not in my readings anyway. Man Oh Man, I'm glad I did mention how my day started, but Ashamed now of not having the best knowledge available. Especially with search engines like "Google" and "Yahoo" & "Ask" and all the internet vast information sites.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

It's okay, I had heard that toothpaste wasn't safe for dogs, but wasn't 100 % sure, so looked it up to make sure and I know that it's not supposed to be used by children under the age if 6 either, for the same reasons, it is poison if swallowed. I have a 5 year old Grandson who uses a child's toothpaste. This is how we all learn, and learn from each other. I'm also all about the mouth and teeth hygiene as I am a Dental Asistant , and I also brush my bullies teeth, but I also have them scaled as well.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    And to think, my biggest concern this morning was figuring out how I was going to rinse their mouths out………. I honestly feel crummy!!!! Lack of knowledge could have killed one of my kids, or both, I need to start asking more questions before doing anything new. I just know that English Bull Dogs, In General have health issues, I'm more concerned about Rocky and Rambo than I've ever been with any of my other pets, Generally because of their health issues! Knowing in my life, I know how important personal health and Hygiene are, and how that Bad Teeth can cause numerous health problems, as just a start. Thinking I wanted to nip this issue in the Butt from jump street !! But after reading Monicas findings, I got to admit I feel like . Like everyone, I want the very best for my kids, and thinking I want the very best for them, and selfishly thinking I was doing the best for them, I would approach some things that we really haven't addressed before, Not in my readings anyway. Man Oh Man, I'm glad I did mention how my day started, but Ashamed now of not having the best knowledge available. Especially with search engines like "Google" and "Yahoo" & "Ask" and all the internet vast information sites.

I am sure they would've had to consume the tube to be poisonous...and the dab on the brush might've been intestinal distressing...but if this is the worst thing that happens...you are Golden! don't you dare beat yourself up!

That's for US to do!

Did I tell you my dogs love..love..love avocados...yup....not poisonous! Unless they eat the tree...not happening.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

omg that was hysterical! Have to ask, we're they planning on rinsing and spitting out the toothpaste as well?! next time could ya please get a video?!?!

Real Name
    Cyndi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mayhem
    Likes (Received)

I ordered them (Rocky & Rambo) an Electric tooth brush the other day, From Amazon's Smile White store, with Two interchangeable heads, Used Red marksalot for Rambo, and Blue for Rocky, Since marking one or the other with an "R" would only make things worse..... I put Rocky on the sink, ugh.... and told Rambo to pay attention, I turned the toothbrush on after adding a little crest, ya know a couple inches from his mouth, Fingers holding up his lips, for a Big Bully Smile, and he was very attentative!!, First Time I've ever seen Rocky show any agression, He bit the Tooth Brush head Right off of the body, and the struggle was on to get the brush head back, needless to say, it came out of his mouth in several pieces, Absolutely Destroyed..... So Not being discouraged, Nor showing I lost the Battle, But WILL WIN THE WAR, I shook my head and said Uhhhhh, Uhhhhh, Uhhhh, Put Rocky down, Off of the sink, Where Rambo is Patiently waiting for his turn, and picked Rambo Up, and put him on the countertop next to the sink, Put the Red Rambo's head on the electric tooth brush, a little crest, looked at Rocky and said..... Pay attention boy what a good Boy Rambo is, and he will have good smelling breath too, Rocky attentatively watched with his tongue hanging out in eagerness, and so did Rambo, I gently pull Rambo's lip up, Showing off his great smile, and I turn the toothbrush on again, a few inches from Rambo's mouth, Rambo reached over and snapped the head right off with his teeth, and gobbled it like a goat!! The struggle is on again, to get the brush thingy back, Rambo cant get a grip on the slippery countertop, but turns towards the mirror, Butt in my face, Gobbling the toothbrush head like a Goat..... Rocky is sitting behind me, egging Rambo on with his barking!!! OMG...The Tooth Brush head came out of his mouth in Three Pieces, Needless to say, after work today, I'm NOT DISCOURAGED, and I'M NOT GIVING UP, I will be stopping at Wall-Mart, and will be picking up 6-8 regular tooth brushes, This task will be ACCOMPLISHED !!! They only THINK they own the house, But I still pay the WATER BILL !! I told them both that, as I left for Work...... Someone has to pay for their Destruction !! They may have won the Battle, But I will WIN THIS WAR !!!
    I am seriously !!!! The visual that I am getting from reading your description of events is absolutely priceless!!!

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I ordered them (Rocky & Rambo) an Electric tooth brush the other day, From Amazon's Smile White store, with Two interchangeable heads, Used Red marksalot for Rambo, and Blue for Rocky, Since marking one or the other with an "R" would only make things worse..... I put Rocky on the sink, ugh.... and told Rambo to pay attention, I turned the toothbrush on after adding a little crest, ya know a couple inches from his mouth, Fingers holding up his lips, for a Big Bully Smile, and he was very attentative!!, First Time I've ever seen Rocky show any agression, He bit the Tooth Brush head Right off of the body, and the struggle was on to get the brush head back, needless to say, it came out of his mouth in several pieces, Absolutely Destroyed..... So Not being discouraged, Nor showing I lost the Battle, But WILL WIN THE WAR, I shook my head and said Uhhhhh, Uhhhhh, Uhhhh, Put Rocky down, Off of the sink, Where Rambo is Patiently waiting for his turn, and picked Rambo Up, and put him on the countertop next to the sink, Put the Red Rambo's head on the electric tooth brush, a little crest, looked at Rocky and said..... Pay attention boy what a good Boy Rambo is, and he will have good smelling breath too, Rocky attentatively watched with his tongue hanging out in eagerness, and so did Rambo, I gently pull Rambo's lip up, Showing off his great smile, and I turn the toothbrush on again, a few inches from Rambo's mouth, Rambo reached over and snapped the head right off with his teeth, and gobbled it like a goat!! The struggle is on again, to get the brush thingy back, Rambo cant get a grip on the slippery countertop, but turns towards the mirror, Butt in my face, Gobbling the toothbrush head like a Goat..... Rocky is sitting behind me, egging Rambo on with his barking!!! OMG...The Tooth Brush head came out of his mouth in Three Pieces, Needless to say, after work today, I'm NOT DISCOURAGED, and I'M NOT GIVING UP, I will be stopping at Wall-Mart, and will be picking up 6-8 regular tooth brushes, This task will be ACCOMPLISHED !!! They only THINK they own the house, But I still pay the WATER BILL !! I told them both that, as I left for Work...... Someone has to pay for their Destruction !! They may have won the Battle, But I will WIN THIS WAR !!!
    LOL I bought doggy tooth paste and toothbrush and Sheldon loves having his teeth brushed and how it started was he kept coming in the bathroom when we were brushing our teeth and he paid such great attention I finally looked at him and said What? You want Mommy to brush your teeth so I got his tooth paste and tooth brush out and low and behold I brushed his teeth and he loved it he walks around smiling his bully smile after I brush his teeth like he is so proud. Just have patience and you will win this war.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

This was quite possibly one of the funniest stories I've ever read!!!! @Casper you have a way of telling these amazingly vivid stories

I say now that Rambo's in your house we need to pitch a reality show for you guys I know I would be tuning in just to watch all these sheninagans

Also please don't get down on yourself about the toothpaste. We all have our moments sometimes. Besides maybe thats why the boys snatched the tooth brush heads off to tip you off
    Last edited by TubbysMom; 06-19-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

THink I should mention.... Do NOT use Listerine to wash their mouth out.

Somehow I just feel that warning was necessary.... just saying..

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

That was a funny story!! I was trying to visual it happening! A regular toothbrush may definitely work better for you!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads