few questions

booba

Mar 12, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
booba
hi
my dog Booba is around 6 month old, we switched to diferent food ( Blue) some time a go
she seems shedding and also noticed few little bumps on her back
other then that all seems fine
wanted to ask if it is normal
thanks

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi..I think if she didn't have bumps before, something is going on. They do shed and some times of the year are always worse. What protein are you feeding? Lots of Bully's are sensitive to chicken. I will tag a few people that have more experience ..
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION].. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION].. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hi, It is hard to diagnose or give advice on a problem without seeing it first hand or at least in pictures. Could you try to get some pics of the bumps, and describe them better. Bumps could be hives, or a rash, or bites, or any number of other things. Shedding is normal, but excessive hair loss causing bald patches isn't. Pics would really help.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
My boy sheds like a huskie no matter what we feed him but the bumps sound like allergic reaction to me.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
With a few little bumps that come and go, I would say that isn't a big deal. I would say it's a judgement call though really, like Samson is just sensitive as with most bullys and he's had little scabs, tiny bumps that I knew were just some minor irritation here and there in the past, I didn't worry about it or take him to the vet and he was fine. But recently he has had this re-occuring rash, red, flaky skin across his belly and chest that I just knew when it first started happening wasn't normal and it wasn't, that has required numerous vet visits. I would also agree that during certain times of the year and during certain stressful situations pups are going to shed more than other times. Shedding to the point where they are getting bald spots is not normal. I also agree that if you are feeding a food with chicken that could be an issue, alot of bullys have issues with chicken. And not just chicken as the main protein source, ANY amount/kind of chicken in the food can cause a reaction in some bullys (my Samson being one). Hope it's just a minor irritation and goes away soon!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
hi
my dog Booba is around 6 month old, we switched to diferent food ( Blue) some time a go
she seems shedding and also noticed few little bumps on her back
other then that all seems fine
wanted to ask if it is normal
thanks

Hi, if it's just a few bumps here and there that come and go, not a big deal. The one thing that is so valuable to me is vinegar. after a bath, rinse shampoo out , then I mix one gallon water to one cup of vinegar, and in this case it doesn't matter what type of vinegar, even white vinegar. pour over pupper and leave it in. dry and they smell nice for quite some time. and all soap residue is gone.
When it comes to serving vinegar in the food or water, one tsp a day will do it. ACV with the mother, unfiltered
Vinegar balances the ph level and is really a wonder cure for many things, and it's inexpensive and all natural
like others have said, chicken can be a culprit too. just like grain, it's not prefered in the breed
please keep us posted on the progress and how things go

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As others have asked... pictures of the bumps would be very helpful

OP
B

booba

Mar 12, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
booba
thanks bumps are not noticeable on the picture, I can only feel it by my hand, it think I know what causes that, it is the tick liquid that we put once a month, and she hates it what you think could that be it?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well its hard to say really bumps could be any number of things. you could delay the tick medicine and see if the bumps go away. if thats all it is i would just keep feeding what you are and be on the lookout for other things. oh and welcome to ebn. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.