Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
IMG_1684.jpgIMG_1681.jpg

I have a question, In the first picture, on the right side of Rocky's Tummy, you can see Two Spots, and on the second picture, Just in front of his tail, was another spot. I seen these last night, and again this morning while I was wiping his wrinkles and cleaning out his ears etc… As I took a closer look, I found like crusty skin underneath, or what felt and looked like scabs. Rocky isn't scratching at all, isn't itchy, and it doesn't seem to be bothering him, but at I moved his fur back, a spot of fur fell out as well. Any Idea what this could be? I'm in the process of changing his food from BB Sensitive Allergy formula, to BB Salmon and Potatoes, Grain Free diet, I'm just a bit alarmed about what is going on, Any Ideas, The spots under his fur are a little smaller than my pinky fingernail. But aren't moist at all, actually like a scab.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster used to get these too before we started giving him fish oil. They're like little bald patches. We give him Grizzly Salmon oil comes in a big pump bottle and we put 2 squirts a day in his breakfast. About a week after we started giving it to him they went away and have never come back.

I thought about rubbing some on my head and see if my hair would start growing back but it smells kind of fishy.

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Buster used to get these too before we started giving him fish oil. They're like little bald patches. We give him Grizzly Salmon oil comes in a big pump bottle and we put 2 squirts a day in his breakfast. About a week after we started giving it to him they went away and have never come back.

I thought about rubbing some on my head and see if my hair would start growing back but it smells kind of fishy.

Roflmao…. I've just recently as of about four days ago started switching Rocky's food, from BB Basics Sensitive formula to BB Wilderness Salmon and Potatoes, This after finding out Rambo was on Salmon Wilderness formula, and doing a little research to find it was a 6* food, So I figured what the hey, I'm going to need it anyway for Rambo, and Leslie was texting me that Rambo was nearly out, So I purchased the 24-26 lb bag from Pet Smart for Rambo, Then curiosity took over, and I put ½ cup into the Kong Toy, putting it out as a treat, Lmbo… Rocky was all over it, loved the smell of fish. When I met Leslie in Florida, the Salmon oil leaked out of the bag, and got on everything… OMG … felt so bad for Leslie, but then I couldn't get it off my hands all the way home, lol, My hands smelt like I had handled fish all day. So I'm wondering if the new food will clear it up, as from chatting with Andy, that was the reason he switched Rambo from Fromms Beef Fertitta to Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon was to improve his coat. (AWESOME!!) Do you think the diet enough will be enough, or should I add the spray also? I mean Rocky's not itchy, not scratching, I don't like the bald spots, and whats worse, I'm thinking he got them before, His previous owner was telling me about this, and some medicine she had to get for Rocky…. My thinking was the Pedigree dog food diet he was on wasn't helping, so first chance I had, I put him on Blue Basics, Sensitivity food diet. But then learned it didn't have quite the protein he needed anyway, so instead of adding to his food, that he really didn't care for anyway, I just started to perform the switch. Having an extra bag of Blue Buffalo Basics, Pet Smart gladly allowed me to return it for the Wilderness formula, since it was unopened, and I found it was $1.09 difference to go from a 4* to a 6* food. I've noticed the light spots on Rocky about a week ago, but he wasn't in the mood to allow me to get to the base of his fur, he wanted to play, When I seen them after taking the pictures yesterday, I got to them while he was already in a foul mood from getting his face cleaned and checked all the spots. Didn't like his fur falling out so loosely in those spots.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] I didn't even realize that you were switching over to Salmon food. That should be good enough. That stuff really really smells fishy. At first I had thought his breath would smell like it but it doesn't at all which is a good thing.

I love your new name, fits perfect! Yesterday morning after reading what you had written I actually felt a pang of jealousy hit me because I though about how much fun it would be to have 2 boys, have never felt like that before HAHAHAA!!!

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
@Casper I didn't even realize that you were switching over to Salmon food. That should be good enough. That stuff really really smells fishy. At first I had thought his breath would smell like it but it doesn't at all which is a good thing.

I love your new name, fits perfect! Yesterday morning after reading what you had written I actually felt a pang of jealousy hit me because I though about how much fun it would be to have 2 boys, have never felt like that before HAHAHAA!!!

Phil, I'm having a great time, and I truly believe it was Destiny, from how everything worked out in the adoption process to the new post I just Posted named "The Stallone Brothers" That was your idea, wasn't it? I hope it was, because I've told everyone you suggested it. lol These two guys have officially bonded, and I couldn't be happier !! They share everything, no jealousy between them, Rocky 15 months old, and Rambo is 9 months old, Perfect ordeal for them both, not one odd or unfriendly word between them, just love and affection, lol but you take a look at the pictures and give me your thoughts, I'd appreciate reading your thoughts. Thinking…… Buster is how old now??? I Love that name too, I went to Jr. High with a friend named Buster, and I remember what a mess he was….. Sorta reminds me of Mayhem [MENTION=8824]mavsfan4life[/MENTION]

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Phil, I'm having a great time, and I truly believe it was Destiny, from how everything worked out in the adoption process to the new post I just Posted named "The Stallone Brothers" That was your idea, wasn't it? I hope it was, because I've told everyone you suggested it. lol These two guys have officially bonded, and I couldn't be happier !! They share everything, no jealousy between them, Rocky 15 months old, and Rambo is 9 months old, Perfect ordeal for them both, not one odd or unfriendly word between them, just love and affection, lol but you take a look at the pictures and give me your thoughts, I'd appreciate reading your thoughts. Thinking…… Buster is how old now??? I Love that name too, I went to Jr. High with a friend named Buster, and I remember what a mess he was….. Sorta reminds me of Mayhem @mavsfan4life

The name or looks?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
not one odd or unfriendly word between them, just love and affection
HAHAHAHA!! Well I'm really happy that there's not been any unkind words between the 2 of them. I did say the Stallone bros. to you. I imagine when they talk they have that Italian Stallion accent to them too! ha! I think they look great in the pics that you've posted and I know everybody else is looking forward to more of those. Buster will 14 months so he would be right there in the mix with them. He'll be the 3rd Stallone bro on the left coast! LOL!

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
HAHAHAHA!! Well I'm really happy that there's not been any unkind words between the 2 of them. I did say the Stallone bros. to you. I imagine when they talk they have that Italian Stallion accent to them too! ha! I think they look great in the pics that you've posted and I know everybody else is looking forward to more of those. Buster will 14 months so he would be right there in the mix with them. He'll be the 3rd Stallone bro on the left coast! LOL!

Brotha from anotha Motha !! :ROFL:

- - - Updated - - -

The name or looks?

No… Buster was full of Mayhem, so to me its synonymous !! :rofl:

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Brotha from anotha Motha !! :ROFL:

- - - Updated - - -

No… Buster was full of Mayhem, so to me its synonymous !! :rofl:

I thought that I needed to take another look at Buster's pics to see if I could see the resemblance :) Maybe your school chum Buster is now the guy on the Allstate commercials??? :hahaha:

By the way, I forgot to say that I don't have any experience with the skin issues, but I do hope that a simple food change or additive corrects Rocky's spots!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Dave.... Sounds like a staph infection. [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] is darn good with akin stuff--- she may have more insight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's hard to tell from a picture far away, a close up of the actuall spot is better, but from the placement of the spots, it could be a staph or yeast . crusty scabs that smell are staph , wet juicy spots are hot . the sooner you catch any skin issue the better, if you have seen me mention a vinegar rinse, it's worth a try,

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
It's hard to tell from a picture far away, a close up of the actuall spot is better, but from the placement of the spots, it could be a staph or yeast . crusty scabs that smell are staph , wet juicy spots are hot . the sooner you catch any skin issue the better, if you have seen me mention a vinegar rinse, it's worth a try,

I've read you talking about the vinegar Rinse, and will search for the article, and get a closer picture, definitely scabs, not moist at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
ok so heres how I do my vinegar rinse, I use either plain filtered ACV or the white vinegar, either one is fine for the rinse. ( I use the ACV with the mother in their food , just about a cap full or tsp in a meal, because I found we were wasting it in the water).
for the rinse, in a gallon jug I put 1 cup of white vinegar to 1 gallon water. Shampoo , rinse, and then pour vinegar mix over pooch. leave on do not rinse off. dry and enjoy the smell while your best friend is enjoying their new skin feeling. It makes a huge difference , you won't believe the clean feeling

Most Reactions