SENIOR BULLIES

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
HI...at what age are our babies considered a senior bully? .......................I asked this on on the thread titled " how active is your senior bully" and thought it may do better with its own thread, it would not let me delete from the other..or maybe i didn't do it correctly .......sorry:whistle:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I think that question will get quite varied opinions. Princess Gracie is 6.5... is she a senior? I dont know. I think she is at the age when they are considered seniors.

Mzbhayvn

Apr 25, 2013
Pittsburg,california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
I'm a little unsure myself. My Fergie turned 6 last march and shortly after we received a note from her vet saying her senior exam was due. It's a good question I'm going to have to research that and get back to you 😃

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would say around 7 years, don't know for sure though.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I agree with David. 7 is the age Bulldogs are considered seniors. I have found through experience that my Bulldogs have been alert and active pretty much up until the end!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Definitely at age 7 or maybe even just before. I have a wonderful Bulldog vet that Sally will be seeing on Saturday. I'll ask him and see what he thinks.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
great...thanks :)

Mzbhayvn

Apr 25, 2013
Pittsburg,california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
Well I checked a few websites and they said around 7 or 8 yrs but they also said it depends on the individual dog. They all pretty much agreed that diet,health,activity and other factors determine when a dog enters its senior years. They said you will be able to tell by a reduction in activity levels, fatigue, greying around the mouth and nose etc. Much like humans so if this is true then my 6 yr old Fergie IS indeed a senior! I hope this helps!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep.... 7 is senior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
thanks again all......:)

Most Reactions