Conclusion: Rambo has a new home !!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hey everyone…. And HAPPY FATHERS DAY !!' to all the Dad's, Hope yours is going as well as mine !!

First of all, I want to apologize for not keeping in touch more yesterday… @BellasMom met me yesterday at a location in Live Oak, a place i had previously researched on the internet, as being a truck stop, thinking cars, trucks, people, in thinking it would be a safe place for meeting. I left home at 3 AM as planned, and was able to update you about Robertsdale AL, before getting into Pensacola FL, traffic from this point on was a hit and a miss, as I-10 Runs along the coast, and lots of Fathers day traffic… I met BellasMom (Leslie) as planned, and the place was under construction…. What a dust bowl. Not a regular truck stop with a convenience store, or restrooms made for travelers that i've ever seen before. The temperature was 90 degrees, and it was a welcome sight to see Leslie, and she was walking Rambo before his journey home, hahaha This 9 month old puppy is a pure BUTTERBALL. LMBO….. he is so awesome, and to my disbelief because of Rocky, being Rocky is very Athletic, and wants to play all day, and doesn't have time to be affectionate, Rambo is quite opposite, in he doesn't have time to play, but wanted to be loved on…. BellasMom advised me he was very mouthy, and she had to keep reaching back to pet him, he calmed right down. We switched everything from her car to my truck, including Rambo, and I got him back in some Kewl A/C. I had planned to get ice and water before getting to Leslie, but because of the traffic, and lines in the stores, I figured I would just get what I needed at the truck stop, (WRONG) They were only set up to sell fuel, and absolutely nothing else. I felt very bad asking BellasMom to meet me at a location that was so desolate, But all I had to go by was Internet pictures, No mention of construction or anything. After the switch and able to talk for a few minutes about his week with her, I was able to give BellasMom a Thank You card with the Following note: "Words cannot describe my Gratitude for what you did for Rambo and I for this last week, I want to donate $100.00 dollars in your name to your favorite Rescue or Hospice of your choosing" This I did after asking her several times if I could pay her for her help, never getting an answer…. Her Integrity is without Question !! and I fully meant it, and mean for her to take me up on this…

The race was now on to get on the move, to get the A/C flowing, get him calmed and cooled down, and find water and ICE. Yep, I know, I'll never wait until the last minute again. This was the reason I didn't ask Leslie to snap any pictures while we were at the meeting location. Traffic on the way back across the Panhandle was now Bad, You've got to remember everyone getting to the coast, follows I-10 to the appropriate exit, then heads south to the beach, as Hwy 90 on the water is 10X worse, so was caught in all the traffic headed to Destin FL, Panama City FL, Santa Rosa Beach FL, in one traffic mess after another, Finally getting water, ICE, and Gas, we were getting acquainted, However in the stop and go traffic, and bumper to bumper mess, it was slow moving, only getting to the posted speed limit a couple of times for short periods.

Rambo was mouthy on his journey lol, was in the back seat being very chatty… Lmbo… Classic Rock helped, and he went to sleep, as BellasMom explained to me that Betsy had played with him, and he was worn down and tired for the trip!! I tried bottle watering Rambo, knowing if that didn't work, I'd get his bowl out and fill it. Rambo gladly accepted his water from the bottle, then dove head first into the ice chest for ICE….ROFLMAO….. if the A/C which was freezing me didn't keep him Kewl, the ICE sure did…. He got mouthy a few more times, In which again, I reached into the ice chest and grabbed him an ice cube, So i'm not sure if he just got tired or if the Ice Froze his little vocal cords, But somewhere in the Classic Rock, he dozed off for the rest of the journey home, and didn't wake up until we pulled into the driveway. 1236 miles, The day was finally done, time approx 8:00 pm, and started driving at 3 am. Stopped at my daughters home, and introduced the two (Rocky to Rambo), and brought them both home. Got them both fed, walked, Crate set up, and all three of us were sound to sleep!! This morning I woke up at 7:30, The two babies both in their crates, were starring at me, waiting on me to wake up, neither one making a sound…. lol I got their harnesses on, and took them both for a walk together again, and the rough housing began…. You have to know, Rambo isn't house trained….. Even though he's never been outside Pet, he has only used Pet Pads for his bathroom breaks. He's also a jumper, and doesn't know any of the house hold basics, But is so affectionate, in wanting to sit on my lap, wanting to be petted, rubbed, wanting to show affection any way possible. After their walk, the boys came in, and I wanted to vacuum the floor, Amazingly they both attacked and pounced on the vacuum……. Guessing some things never change !!

IMG_6112.jpg

After pouncing on the vacuum, they allowed me to finally get all the stuff they drug in from outside of the carpet, Then they decided they wanted to play for a while….. If the picture is blurry, they were playing and in motion, I got some good ones and some blurry ones also…… But I got them both together…….

IMG_7512.jpgIMG_4330.jpgIMG_8763.jpgIMG_5354.jpgIMG_0045.jpgIMG_2568.jpgIMG_4174.jpgIMG_2144.jpgIMG_2593.jpgIMG_2593.jpgIMG_2207.jpgIMG_3305.jpgIMG_0119.jpgIMG_3361.jpgIMG_9565.jpgIMG_8276.jpg

The last picture is of Rambo and Rocky playing with the Frisbee…… I'm notorious for throwing it in the house, from my work room to the living room, and letting Rocky fetch it, Well this time, Rocky had a little competition…… They both have no problems feeding out of separate bowls, or drinking out of the same bowl, and like right now, they are both wanting the same bone, and chew on it from separate ends, even though they both have their own……

IMG_0633.jpgIMG_6908.jpgIMG_2098.jpgIMG_6854.jpgIMG_0242.jpg

Both of these boys are very social, and as you can see, they are glued together at their rear hips…..lol I'm very proud to be able to share these pictures with you, and for BellasMom for all she did, Words can't begin to describe to her how Thankful I am, for all that she did, Because without her, None of this would have been possible…….

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Too cool and so happy you made it home safely. It's so nice that they are getting along so well and I hope that continues. Rambo is a handsome boy and they make a great looking pair. Now Rambo can get the love he deserves. Thanks so much Dave for giving him the fur-ever home he deserves.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Glad everything worked out! Love the photos of them together, I'm sure there will be many more to come... what sweet boys!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Congratulations, on your new baby Rambo, I'm glad Rocky and Rambo get along so well. Good sign that he's going to fit right in. Thanks go out to both you and Leslie for what you did for Rambo, from you adopting him, and giving him a loving home, to Leslie fostering him until you could pick him up to the arrangements of transporting him all that distance. The drive must have been very tiring, but worth it. It was a sad loss for his family I'm sure, but at least they have peace of mind that he has a great home, and now Rocky has a brother. Good luck in the transition, I'm sure it will take some time and patience on both parts for everything to settle in, and enjoy your new baby. Looking forward to more pics and stories of your beautiful guys.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Omg this story is just amazing. You told it in such good detail :) I hope you guys have a great future together! :yes:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's absolutely awesome, Dave!
I love hearing that both boys are getting along well and playing together. I know there will be challenges with Rambo's transition into his new home and family, but I also know you will be the best Dad to him with all the changes he's going thru. Happy Father's Day to you and give the "double R's" a big smooch and hugs from us!! :love:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wonderful update, I hope that Rambos family are so very happy for him in his new home. I know it was not easy for them to give him up, it couldn't have been.

And yes thank you to bella'smom, she is awesome and took him in on such short notice. You are awesome Leslie!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
How awesome! I'm glad they're getting along so well and love the pictures! Your house is going to be very busy for now, that's for sure! :2thumbs:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
WOOOOHOOOO! [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] I am so happy to hear you had a safe trip there and back!! Well well well if that's not the greatest Father's day gift of all time! That is so Fantastic that they get along so well, they're chewing on both ends of the same bone!! hahaha! You are really quite the guy!! My hats off to you! Have fun my friend! I envy you! LOL!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh my oh my ... I was thinking you were stopping somewhere overnight, but you ended up driving 17 WHOLE hours ... are you crazy?? :bitching: But thank goodness you made it home safe and sound with your precious little cargo!!!

Given the ages of those two I would have been EXTREMELY surprised if they had not hit it off immediately. They are both so young that it is in their nature to bond as baby brothers!!

You are going to have such a house full of bully-love that I don't think you'll be able to believe your luck!!!

And as for [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] .. she's just a gorgeous person who is on my bucket list to meet one day!!!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
It's so nice when two dogs just click and there's no "drama" about an introduction :) Congrats on the addition to your family!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Seeing these pictures Dave warms he heart so much. Rocky and Rambo look like brothers, they were meant to grow up together. They're both young and will develop quite the bond. I, like so many others here, will be waiting for more pics and stories to come of this awesome twosome! Happy Father's Day.

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Quick update on Rambo…..

Rambo has been doing good all day, getting much braver with Rocky, lol. They have played their little hearts out today…. Rambo devouring his food this morning, unlike Rocky. Rocky is a slow eater at best, I give him 1 ¼ cup in the morning the same in the evening, and he grazes a little at a time all day, couple kibbles here, and some there, Trust me, He's not losing weight at all, But just not eating like a normal Bully either. I gave him a couple of hours this morning to eat, Then picked his food up, Not thinking much about it, today was heartwork day, so as my iPhone reminded me, I gave Rock his heart worm medicine. All was well both played together most of the day, napping during the heat of the day, even with the air on. Rocky several hours later, tossed his cookies…. But i'm thinking it was because of an empty stomach, his Heart Worm me dine was given before noon, So i'm sure that was ingested already…. Now i'm not sure what BellasMom did this week, but Rambo wasn't a housebroken puppy at all, already describing he was on puppy pads, Up until [MENTION=3169]BellasMom[/MENTION] picked him up. She said she kept up with him while he was out roaming and took him out every couple of hours, and only had 2 accidents this last week, and that was because she didn't know, and Rambo doesn't know to alert you either. Well he was walked a few times yesterday, and was crated last night, and today was taken out every 3 hours, Thankfully no accidents…. Thinking he knows outside is his bathroom, Thanks Again [MENTION=3169]BellasMom[/MENTION], still doesn't alert to go out, but no accidents today, we will see how the rest of the week goes. Working with him, consistency, and the crate are all keys at this point, That will continue. At feeding time tonight, Both Rocky and Rambo got 1 ¼ cup of food, But tonight I added some yogurt for both, and thats just taking precautions with Rambo, and settling Rocky's tummy a little bit. ROFLMAO….. after eating dinner, Rambo ran straight to the "Kong" treat rolling thing, I forget what its name is, But it has a hole in the side, and the object of the game is to first push it over, then roll it, and the payoff is treats, Well in this case, I keep some Kibble in it….. So both of them devour their dinners, and Rambo heads over to attack the Kong for more….. I'll attach a few pictures… So far everything is good, Rocky is taking a Siesta after dinner, and Rambo is currently attacking a Nylabone after Robbing the Kong of its treats….lol, Loving these guys, and they are so different in personalities….. Hope you enjoy a few more pictures…..

IMG_1685.jpgIMG_1686.jpgIMG_1687.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.