Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Glad everything worked out! Love the photos of them together, I'm sure there will be many more to come... what sweet boys!!!

Thank Youā€¦ and I feel blessed the two of them are doing so wellā€¦.

Congratulations, on your new baby Rambo, I'm glad Rocky and Rambo get along so well. Good sign that he's going to fit right in. Thanks go out to both you and Leslie for what you did for Rambo, from you adopting him, and giving him a loving home, to Leslie fostering him until you could pick him up to the arrangements of transporting him all that distance. The drive must have been very tiring, but worth it. It was a sad loss for his family I'm sure, but at least they have peace of mind that he has a great home, and now Rocky has a brother. Good luck in the transition, I'm sure it will take some time and patience on both parts for everything to settle in, and enjoy your new baby. Looking forward to more pics and stories of your beautiful guys.

Truly Monica, I can see how loved Rambo was, and how loving and affectionate he is now, It must have been unbearable for Andy to part with this Precious kid, I am however sending Andy updates and pictures the same as i'm doing here to keep him updated, and take a little bit off of him, ya know worrying about his kid !! It's the very least I can doā€¦

Congrats. Great to see they're getting along. :D

Thank You so very much !!

Omg this story is just amazing. You told it in such good detail :) I hope you guys have a great future together! :yes:

Sheena, these guys just wrap you around their paws, then tug on you from thereā€¦ā€¦ Their eyes are truly the windows to their soulsā€¦. and I truly believe they are Angels without wingsā€¦. Their so amazing and loving and deserve so much better, If I won the lottery, I swear I'd have a Bully Havenā€¦.. for these great children. Funny how these guys are better understood than most people !!

That's absolutely awesome, Dave!
I love hearing that both boys are getting along well and playing together. I know there will be challenges with Rambo's transition into his new home and family, but I also know you will be the best Dad to him with all the changes he's going thru. Happy Father's Day to you and give the "double R's" a big smooch and hugs from us!! :love:

Thank You so much Henney, I'm calling them the "Stallone Brothers", [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] came up with that Idea, Lmbo, so I changed my screen name to "Casper and the Stallone Bros" in hopes no one gets any wise ideas to change it to something elseā€¦. Today was a wonderful Fathers Day, I never thought the day would ever come where I adopted a new child for Fathers Day, guessing every day doors and opportunities present themselves, and I just wanted to make sure after Andy's tragic story, that this child would be taken care of, I had followed it from the beginning, and when everything fell through for this young man, I wanted to step in and pick up the pieces, But in quoting three people I respect so much [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], and [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], if its meant to be, it will beā€¦. and I have to tell you pieces fell together, not one doubt, not one stagger, not one back step from anyone, It was Destiny, and I cannot thank [MENTION=3169]BellasMom[/MENTION] enough for completing the puzzle of First of all getting him picked up in Orlando from the Family, but getting him to Live Oak a week later for his adoption, Leslie didn't even think Twice when she said she had it covered, and as I stated this morning, Leslie's integrity is without question, Without one thing coming together, this whole deal could have easily fell apart, and so much planning, prepping had to be done, and Thankfully I've got accounts set up with Amazon, as my work week was jam packed last week, and Amazon came through and kept delivering the necessities all week long, Wow !!! What an Amazing week, and a Happy conclusion to the week, and how Amazing everyone was, and supportiveā€¦.. Againā€¦. This site isn't for the weak at heart !! If you truly are Sincere and Love your Pet, These guys know it, and offer so much information and so much great adviseā€¦. This Web Site is a God Send!!

Wonderful update, I hope that Rambos family are so very happy for him in his new home. I know it was not easy for them to give him up, it couldn't have been.

And yes thank you to bella'smom, she is awesome and took him in on such short notice. You are awesome Leslie!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Lisa, I've got Andy's private E-mail, and have been sending him pictures and updates along with e-mails, both from BellasMom's time with him and now the pictures i've snapped of Rambo and Rocky. I hope to take a little bit of stress off of Andy in wondering if he did the right thing, I know this had to be a tremendously big decision for him and his wife to make, and I'm privileged to have Rambo, but sending him pictures and updates as well.

How awesome! I'm glad they're getting along so well and love the pictures! Your house is going to be very busy for now, that's for sure! :2thumbs:

WOOOOHOOOO! @Casper I am so happy to hear you had a safe trip there and back!! Well well well if that's not the greatest Father's day gift of all time! That is so Fantastic that they get along so well, they're chewing on both ends of the same bone!! hahaha! You are really quite the guy!! My hats off to you! Have fun my friend! I envy you! LOL!

Phil, you would have did the same thing in a heartbeat, I've read too many of your posts, and I know your heart is in the same place as mineā€¦. But Thank You Bro for your supportā€¦.!!

Oh my oh my ... I was thinking you were stopping somewhere overnight, but you ended up driving 17 WHOLE hours ... are you crazy?? :bitching: But thank goodness you made it home safe and sound with your precious little cargo!!!

Given the ages of those two I would have been EXTREMELY surprised if they had not hit it off immediately. They are both so young that it is in their nature to bond as baby brothers!!

You are going to have such a house full of bully-love that I don't think you'll be able to believe your luck!!!

And as for @Bella'sMom .. she's just a gorgeous person who is on my bucket list to meet one day!!!

It's so nice when two dogs just click and there's no "drama" about an introduction :) Congrats on the addition to your family!

I had planned to stop, and not knowing exactly where I would get tired at, or what might happen, depending on Rambo, and how he felt and reacted as well as myself, I thought I would pick a place if needed, then researched a few places which were pet friendly. I had no clue how much traffic was going to be on the road along I-10, and as I thought about it, I just knew everything would be booked, so waiting until the last minute to make a decision wasn't the wisest thing to do, and I admit itā€¦.. Yesterday was the longest day of my life, I still can't believe how many miles it was, driving from New Orleans almost to Jacksonville and back to New Orleans in the same day was Never on my bucket list, but neither was Ramboā€¦.. So glad everything turned out as it did, I just wish I could have did a few more updates, The traffic was skeery, Knowing if I was ever going to get home, I had to keep moving and pushing throughā€¦.. I can tell you I have a policy in life, if the place i'm going in my life is further than 3 hours, I fly !! But we all know the health concerns of our Bullies, and that wasn't possible, But next time, I'm sure I'll have a little more time to plan also, and know a little more of my body requirementsā€¦.. It's been a learning experience all the way around, But the goal was metā€¦..

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Too cool and so happy you made it home safely. It's so nice that they are getting along so well and I hope that continues. Rambo is a handsome boy and they make a great looking pair. Now Rambo can get the love he deserves. Thanks so much Dave for giving him the fur-ever home he deserves.

David, they are so different it isn't funnyā€¦. Rocky is affectionate, but it's on his terms and when he feels up to it, and just like [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] Wilson, he's a busy, busy manā€¦. has so many toys to play with and so little time to do itā€¦lol, Rambo on the other hand isn't nearly as Athletic as Rocky, and is a big ball of love, and if he doesn't get it, He's going to get mouthy and remind youā€¦. No doubt he's 52-58 lbs, where Rocky is 50 Rambo's about an inch taller and a few more inches aroundā€¦. and typical of wanting to sleep and Love, but will play a while lol :yes: I'm looking very foreword to see them both become as close as litter mates, However, when not at home, I have them both in separate crates, So when together, they'll be supervised, just to take any doubts away. I gotta tell you, I never expected to be totally consumed by this breed, As I loved my Cocker Spaniels tremendously, and they were always a great breed, but no where as affectionate and giving back these EBD areā€¦.. I'm totally Sold on these two guysā€¦. and love learning new things from them as well as keeping up with the site to learn all the rest I can. Rambo has his first Vet visit Friday, a few Days for me to watch him, along with my work schedule before getting my 7 days off to spend with them, But so far so good, all is flowing together so well. Thanks for keeping up with the trip and everything, Awesome of you to do that David. Thank Youā€¦

Brother, this update was so awesome it bout brought me to tears. Three bows to all.

Thank You Tim, It's been a totally Awesome ordeal, from the start to the end, Everything just fit together like a puzzle, From Andy, to Leslie, to Amazon, and Thank Goodness everything went so well. We met there by Live Oak at the #283 Exit, The little truck stop, just west of I-75, about 11:15 your time, and I did not know that place was under constructionā€¦. Man Oh Man what a dust bowl it is. Finally getting a chance to meet and greet Rambo, and to give Leslie a Hug for all that she had doneā€¦.. The whole experience of everything was totally humbling !! Knowing this little guy lived in Orlando, and now New Orleans, But was Born in Miami FL. I mean this little guy has been half way across the United States to get to his furever home. And Tim I gotta tell you, His heart is as big as he isā€¦ He is a Lover, not an athlete, nothing wrong with athletics, But this young man is so appreciative of being in a Permanent home, It's like he understood the layovers before he got here. No problems with feeding him, No problems with introducing him to Rocky, and I'm only waiting to see more of his personality flow outwards. He's so loving, I can EASILLY understand Andy's hating to part with him !!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
That was great. It's like it was all meant to be and Rambo kind of knows it. It was all so humbling to me as well keeping up with what was going on and how well it worked out in the transition and how it is working out for your dogs and you. It's bittersweet for Andy I'm sure. Giving up his pet but seeing him go to a place where he is so much loved and cared for

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thank You so much Henney, I'm calling them the "Stallone Brothers", [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] came up with that Idea, Lmbo, so I changed my screen name to "Casper and the Stallone Bros" in hopes no one gets any wise ideas to change it to something elseā€¦.
Oh I like the nickname, that's :2thumbs:.

I can't say enough how much this place means to me. Besides the friends I've met here, both in person and just corresponding with, I have learned so much about this breed, have rescued one, have increased my knowledge, both by just reading and by researching to prep an article, etc. The list could go on and on. Sure we have some hiccups on occasion and just like family and friends, we don't always see eye-to-eye, but it's real and the wealth of information I've gained is incredible. Nice to know that Andy's been kept in the loop, I can't even imagine being in that position and then finding a home to someone you've only met through here. Andy, if you're reading this, I applaud you for giving Rambo a wonderful home.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
This is just what I needed today. Isn't it funny how surrounded we are by heroes. Everyday heroes, the ones that really ..really matter. Like firefighters, police officers and school teachers. They don't demand attention and expect even less. But imagine what our world would be like without them.

Into this category, I put Dave..you stepped up big time. Opened your heart and your home. Leslie..none of this would've been possible. You started the big wheel turning. Lisa..for having the vision for this family we have become...and Andy, probably the biggest and hardest decision ...but....you did what was right for your sweet Rambo. For this you need to hold your head up high. You didn't fail at anything, you chose the right path forward.

I'm proud to be here with allof you..

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
This is what I like to wake up too :) :) I know it was along journey, and It was tough for Rambo's family to give him up, but it seems he's found an AWESOME Mommy and playmate :) :) :)

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
What a very cool story this is!!! God Bless all of you - the family that put his priorities first, Bellasmom for assisting in the transition, and YOU for opening your heart and home to him. He looks like he will fit in just fine, and I see 2 new Best Friends starting a new journey TOGETHER!! Have fun and keep the pics coming!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can't wait to see some video of them playing together!! :yes:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.