Dogs playing questions

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
So Tipsy goes to day camp and is "socialized" with other dogs, she is good with dogs in the park and most times just raises her head with a soft "woof" when she sees them on the street.

BUT... She never plays with them. I see other bulldogs running around and playing with the other dogs. Tipsy just plays with me or finds a titans entertains herself. If other dogs come up to play, she ignores them and walks away.

So have I got a Diva on my hands or would this be under the "dogs are all different" category? Should I be doing anything else?

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Im not sure of the answers ur after but my question to follow ur question is PLEASE can u train meeko to be like this lol? Hes soo OTT hyper and crazy when he sees other dogs x

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some like playing more than others. Guess he just likes being with you better than another dog.

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Im not sure of the answers ur after but my question to follow ur question is PLEASE can u train meeko to be like this lol? Hes soo OTT hyper and crazy when he sees other dogs x

Pickle gets sooooo crazy around other dogs. Today a friend who owns 3 Papillons dogs wanted to watch Pickle while I am at work. Once we got to her house Pickle pinned all the dogs one at a time to the wall. So back home she went -
she was playing but she doesnt know her own strength and those Papillons are little whiffs of a dog. She wants to get to the Pitbull across the street so bad ... either she's brave or stupid. She plays better with larger dogs that don't let her push them around.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
[MENTION=7945]xsubsailor[/MENTION]. The same way with my Ace and our maltese. He wants to play but is so bully its no contest. Like you I have remarked that Ace don't yet know his own strength. He runs over everything in site including his human family. Just playing and having a good time but he just crashes everything and everybody. He loves it it seems and so do I, but not so sure everybody sees the beauty and fun in it like I do

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I too have the 'he dont know his own strength problem' meeks will lightly brush past you.. or so he thinks!! With a big thud it almost knocks me over! He thinks he is the size of a chuahaha too and can fit anywhere to do anything.... WRONG!!!! LOL

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would go with the every dog is different answer ...... some play and some don't and some do both!!

How's that for an answer ............. :ROFL:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
my Lola is pretty indifferent towards all other dogs and prefers human companions :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep, all dogs are different.... some jut perfer not to interact with other dogs or animals. I use to work at a dog daycare, and there were MANY dogs that were like that... just stood off to the side and watched the others play

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.