Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default "Yo. How much did you pay for that bulldog?"

I took Remi to Walgreens for some Benedryl, just after he was just diagnosed at the vet with an ear infection on top of his usual allergies - We ran out and he really needs one every day now. I just wanted him to be as comfortable as possible.

I probably should have dropped him off at home first. The whole time we were in there, which all of a sudden got SUPER CROWDED, he was on the floor, shaking his head, his head on my feet just trying to get some relief from the ear infection. He was tugging and pulling everywhere we went from excitement. I just wanted to get out of there.

I pay at the pharmacy and evade the long lines up front. We make it outside - finally. Freedom. I'm about to cross the street with my uncomfortable pooch when some thuggish guy yells out to me.

"Yo. How much did you pay for that bulldog?"

I can't tell you why this made me so angry, but it did. I just shouted behind me without so much as looking at him. "A lot."

Honestly, if you have to ask, you really should look at getting another breed. I don't know, I just thought it was rude and obnoxious. Am I annoyed for no reason?

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Yo. How much did you pay for that bulldog?"

Yeah, this question gets asked quite often to EB parents. It's super annoying! Sometimes people will throw figures out at me even. Nowadays, when someone throws me that question, i just pretend i didn't hear them and keep going.

on a side note, I didn't know Walgreen's lets you bring pets in!

Hope Remi feels better soon!

Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I don't think they do, but the manager saw me and said that Remi could come back any time. Which is hilarious because he was not on his best behavior that day.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    I don't think they do, but the manager saw me and said that Remi could come back any time. Which is hilarious because he was not on his best behavior that day.
    well, that's cool and a cool manager too! I like that you just strolled in with him like it's not a big deal to bring a bully into Walgreens!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I know..today some idiot asked if Jake was a PITBULL? JAKE? Of course..Jake was acting all tough guy and squeezing his big booty through the deck rails to bark at him! But ..this is how much he deserved to be barked at...he had two...not one...but TWO lit cigarettes in his mouth at one time! BOTH LIT!!! I, of course..said "yup".

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet.
    Likes (Received)

It would be one thing for someone to ask you, in a different way, to see if they really could afford it. I saw something about bulldogs being the number one family pet, but I sometimes think it might come down to a question of having one or the other, they are high maintenance! But of course, bulldogs don't take your car, or need to attend college, so it' s a no brainer.

Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hahahahhahahahahhah!! Oh, @JAKEISGREAT. Omg, I am just laughing so hard. Remi gets freaked out by the craziest stuff. On the way to the vet yesterday, some truck with a really tiny cab was behind us. It was one of those cabs where you can see the driver's full body very clearly, and the glass is straight up and down. Remi lost it and started barking at him. I couldn't settle him down from the driver's seat. I just kept thinking everyone at the red light probably thinks I own a killer dog.

Does Jake sound as viscous as Remi!?!

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

It is untactful and rude. Probably about everyone in this forum has been asked the same question as well. Several good reply's have been mentioned in other threads, some funny and some more direct to the point. It is uncomfortable. If you answer with the actual price then you have to expect the same tired responses. like "Wow that much" or "For a dog"? or "Is that the regular price"? or the real winner something to the effect of " I can't imagine anyone paying that much for just a dog"

I think the next time someone asks I'm going to say " I got a real good price he was only 52,024 dollars, a real steal"

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    Hahahahhahahahahhah!! Oh, @JAKEISGREAT. Omg, I am just laughing so hard. Remi gets freaked out by the craziest stuff. On the way to the vet yesterday, some truck with a really tiny cab was behind us. It was one of those cabs where you can see the driver's full body very clearly, and the glass is straight up and down. Remi lost it and started barking at him. I couldn't settle him down from the driver's seat. I just kept thinking everyone at the red light probably thinks I own a killer dog.

Does Jake sound as viscous as Remi!?!

Ya....VISCIOUS!!!

Real Name
    Tom Vandiver
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bailey & Zoey
    Likes (Received)

I've only been a bulldog owner less than 2 weeks and I've been asked that question a dozen times and and I never sure just how to answer. Sometimes I just don't answer and sometimes I tell them more than what I paid. What thread or threads contained some good answers.

Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TomVan View Post
    I've only been a bulldog owner less than 2 weeks and I've been asked that question a dozen times and and I never sure just how to answer. Sometimes I just don't answer and sometimes I tell them more than what I paid. What thread or threads contained some good answers.
    I think it's also different depending on who asked. If it was a friend, of course I wasn't be annoyed or angry. But random people on the street just come off as someone who wants a bulldog for the status.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I hate when people ask me that. It depends were I'm at, on how I answer. When on the road and somewhere unfamiliar I tell them couple hundred, he isn't full blood. You never know who might want to steal them.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads