"Yo. How much did you pay for that bulldog?"

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I had Amber with me one day at Petsmart and a guy kept following me around and asking me how much I paid for her; I tried to change the subject, walk away and avoid the question but he just kept following me from location to location no matter where I went in the store. I get to the register and he says, "Seriously, how much did you pay for that dog?" My reply, "She isn't a dog, she is an English Bulldog and I paid more for her than anyone paid for you." :rofl:The girl at the register couldn't continue ringing anyone up because she was laughing so hard and the people around me almost fell on the floor. The rude individual couldn't get out of the store fast enough.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I had Amber with me one day at Petsmart and a guy kept following me around and asking me how much I paid for her; I tried to change the subject, walk away and avoid the question but he just kept following me from location to location no matter where I went in the store. I get to the register and he says, "Seriously, how much did you pay for that dog?" My reply, "She isn't a dog, she is an English Bulldog and I paid more for her than anyone paid for you." :rofl:The girl at the register couldn't continue ringing anyone up because she was laughing so hard and the people around me almost fell on the floor. The rude individual couldn't get out of the store fast enough.
I have got to remember that one.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
It depends who asks me, family and friends know how each one of our bullies came into our lives and pretty much know the prices. If it's a stranger I just tell them pretty much the truth. Since I adopted both of the girls I just say I had to pay for the shelter fee. Gio I re-homed and had to pay a for, so I just tell people I adopted him from a shelter as well. You just never know the intentions of strangers. Are they asking because they want to buy a puppy? Are they going to follow me home and try to steal one of them to sell? Who knows! Even if I bought one of my guys as a puppy, I think I would still say I adopted them. And I ALWAYS make sure to tell EVERYONE that they are fixed and I also tell people they each need medications everyday, my biggest fear is someone stealing one of them!!!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
It depends who asks me, family and friends know how each one of our bullies came into our lives and pretty much know the prices. If it's a stranger I just tell them pretty much the truth. Since I adopted both of the girls I just say I had to pay for the shelter fee. Gio I re-homed and had to pay a for, so I just tell people I adopted him from a shelter as well. You just never know the intentions of strangers. Are they asking because they want to buy a puppy? Are they going to follow me home and try to steal one of them to sell? Who knows! Even if I bought one of my guys as a puppy, I think I would still say I adopted them. And I ALWAYS make sure to tell EVERYONE that they are fixed and I also tell people they each need medications everyday, my biggest fear is someone stealing one of them!!!

I know that's right! I always make sure and tell people my boy is fixed and now I understand why. We had some less than reputable people in our neighborhood asking about my fur baby and I told them he was a bulldog mix and he was fixed because I was afraid they would try to take him

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My response to "yo, how much u pay fo dat bulldog, yo?."............
"mad loot, son! i had to sell my rims and my grill, yo!"
stupid humans :)

That is PRICELESS!! :ROFL:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Now ..you see... hmmm ... I must mix with the wrong people because I have never been asked that!

What I get a lot from family, friends and guests ... is this .... "she/he is so ugly they are cute". All the frickin time!!!

To me this is worse than the "how much did you pay" thing!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Now ..you see... hmmm ... I must mix with the wrong people because I have never been asked that!

What I get a lot from family, friends and guests ... is this .... "she/he is so ugly they are cute". All the frickin time!!!

To me this is worse than the "how much did you pay" thing!!!

OR.."Now there is a face only a mother could love"
I always want to say 'Well you're nothing to write home to mother about either"

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

ROTFL!!! That is hilarious!!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

LMAO..... perfect

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.