"Yo. How much did you pay for that bulldog?"

amelson19933

Dec 28, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I HATE that! Random people come up and ask how much we paid for Tank almost on a daily basis. I always tell them a lot. But they pester and pester and throw numbers at me. The one I hate the most is "How much did you pay for him? Are you going to breed him? If you do can I get a puppy at a discount?" I'm like are you kidding me?! :bitching: You look like you haven't bathed yourself in about a week and you want a EB? You realize these dogs are hard to take care of. I don't think people realize how high maintenance these dogs are. People will tell me "oh I want to get one I love those dogs" I always tell them NO, don't buy one, your not ready for it. I always try to tell people (mostly friends who want one) that in the first 6 months we had Tank, we spent almost double what we paid for him in vet bills because of allergies.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Can you believe I got them both in an Estate sale, They were both sitting inside a 64 Ford Mustang, and I thought I was just bidding on the car, and ended up with the car and the EBD's too ?!? Found out after I won the auction, the Mustang had a Chevrolet engine under the hood, which makes it a half breed, Thinking the dogs are half breeds too!! But after paying for the auction, I don't know how much you would deduct for the dogs, or if the Half breed mustang was a steal !!

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Haven't had time to read all the post when people ask me I always tell them my <3 and soul because some stupid jerk didn't care enough and left her out to die! !

Adopt before breeding if your not gonna show...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I started to tell people that she was a rescue and point them to the Bulldog rescue web page. Who knows someone may actually rescue one.

When duchess was a pup I constantly got asked if she was a rescue, this really aggrevated the crap out of me, nothing against rescues- I would have loved to rescue but living in a high rise I couldn't get approved. Now that I have duke alot of people are asking "where you rescue him" I'm sorry I'm very proud of my dogs and took me along time to be in a position to be able to spend $7k between the two of them, not bad for being 27. When people do ask I range them as to what a puppy generally will cost. I have had a couple people specifically ask as they were looking so then I have a more in depth conversation. If its some random 16y/o I just keep walking.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
My response to "yo, how much u pay fo dat bulldog, yo?."............
"mad loot, son! i had to sell my rims and my grill, yo!"
stupid humans :)

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
My response to "yo, how much u pay fo dat bulldog, yo?."............
"mad loot, son! i had to sell my rims and my grill, yo!"
stupid humans :)

Lol!!

I can hear it now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I get asked that every time I have Sheldon out which is often except in the summer of course. I never really know how to answer.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
To ask anyone how much they pay for anything is just plain rude..... none of your business is what I would love to say, but I normally ignore the question

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Honestly, if you have to ask, you really should look at getting another breed. I don't know, I just thought it was rude and obnoxious. Am I annoyed for no reason?

Ya really wanna blow their mind, ya say 'I made a donation to the local bulldog rescue'

Btw I hope Remi is doing better ! ! ! !

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I get that question all the time (because Matilda is just so pretty!) and my answer is always "A lot." I usually follow it up with, but these dogs, you either pay a lot up front or a lot in medical bills later on... and sometimes both!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Because it's no one's business how much money I spend on anything. My bullie, my car, my apartment, nothing. Now, if they're a close friend or family member, researching the same thing because they're thinking of getting it, no problem. But a total stranger? uh uh. Can't even be certain why they're asking.

Asking straight up how much things cost is really an "American" thing. Most cultures feel that talking about money in that way is boastful and tasteless.

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
There's a bully owner in my neighbourhood with an 8 month old pup. He was telling me how he might get a male since he can make at least $1,000 off of each pup. I never bit my tongue as hard as I did that day.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
There's a bully owner in my neighbourhood with an 8 month old pup. He was telling me how he might get a male since he can make at least $1,000 off of each pup. I never bit my tongue as hard as I did that day.

Did you smack him? Grrrrrr!!!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.