"Yo. How much did you pay for that bulldog?"

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I find it quite annoying myself. If you are informed and serious about getting an EB you would have done your homework and figured out the average cost of one.

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] we live in an apartment so one time me and Tubbs are coming in from a walk and the elevator door opens up to a woman and her young daughter. She screamed pitbull and grabbed her daughter so tight. I couldn't help but laugh right in her face. As they fled I made sure to yell out to her that he's super vicious too LOL

Abby&Jacks Mom

May 1, 2013
connecticut
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
abigail & jackson
I get asked a lot if I got a discount for two. It is annoying. I glad you took Remi in walgreens , hope he gets better soon. Those ear infections are painful

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I too get asked that but not too much. I never tell them if I personally don't know them. Period! I'll usually just say, he/she wasn't too much or something like that. More often than not though I get a question like this, "they cost a lot don't they?" I just respond to that, well they can but not all of them do and leave it at that.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I know..today some idiot asked if Jake was a PITBULL? JAKE? Of course..Jake was acting all tough guy and squeezing his big booty through the deck rails to bark at him! But ..this is how much he deserved to be barked at...he had two...not one...but TWO lit cigarettes in his mouth at one time! BOTH LIT!!! :eek: I, of course..said "yup". :evil:

Jake a pitbull...........now that's funny seen as I've met Jake. A ball fanatic but a pitbull! :laugh:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I literally got no words for some people!
as i live in not so good neighborhood - one one the neighbors spotted Lily and first question he ask is she registered with Kennel club ( I had to lie and said no ses a runt and a cross - will not take a chance someone stealing her from me :cursing:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I like to reply -- "For this wonderful dog, not enough!" People ask all of the time...it amazes me. I would never think to ask someone. If you think its bad when they ask about the dog...My best friend has 3 children she adopted...oh yes...people have asked her -- many times -- how much????!!!!

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Why get upset people ask? I mean if you get a new car etc whats the 1st thing people ask? How much did you pay. It's just human nature.
It does not bother me one bit that people ask me and I have no problem telling them.
I paid $2,400.00 and she is worth every penny.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Why get upset people ask? I mean if you get a new car etc whats the 1st thing people ask? How much did you pay. It's just human nature.
It does not bother me one bit that people ask me and I have no problem telling them.
I paid $2,400.00 and she is worth every penny.
Because it's no one's business how much money I spend on anything. My bullie, my car, my apartment, nothing. Now, if they're a close friend or family member, researching the same thing because they're thinking of getting it, no problem. But a total stranger? uh uh. Can't even be certain why they're asking.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have to agree, even my family members never ask me how much my car costs, or anything I spend on.... but they do ask me how much my bullies cost. It's an uncomfortable question . They never ask me how much my kids cost, and they cost more than my bullies do!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
I started to tell people that she was a rescue and point them to the Bulldog rescue web page. Who knows someone may actually rescue one.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I would be annoyed as well if someone asked me how much I paid for Harlea, but I would do as others have done and just ignore the request or lie and say she isn't registered or is a mix and fixed. The bullies are a hot theft item around where I live and the crooks as that question of the victims they see and if you tell them what you really paid or close to it you will most likely be followed home and then a few days or weeks later your lovable pup will be gone. I have seen it happen too many times already where I live.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
That was super rude. I am with the others just straight up lying. Daisy is 3/4 EBD and she was bred that way on purpose. If some random person comes up I just act dumb and say shes a mutt. lol I know its not nice, but you really never know. And the money aspect well she was expensive but not as expensive as a full bred EBD. And I try not to tell anyone that either unless they are close friends or family.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.