How much do 6 month female bulldogs sleep

Jsaphoto

Mar 12, 2013
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kona
Ok, Yes I have had other dogs and they sleep, however how much do 6 month old female english bulldogs sleep. I am so paranoid, maybe I researched the breed a little to much, understanding all their ailments that they can get. Im just worried about my little girl.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Puppies need a lot of sleep. All dogs, all animals even, sleep quite a bit if not excited or pushed. If left to their own they will sleep quite a bit. On the weekends, when our dogs are out of their crates a majority of time, still sleep about as much if not the same, as they do during the week when we are at work and they have to be crated. Unless there are other symptoms that you may be concerned about I don't think I would worry too much about about your puppy seeming to sleep alot. How about that snoring? Does your little bully baby snore quite a bit? Ace has since he was a little pup and now sometimes during the night he snores more and louder than any man I have had to be around during sleep time. And other times he is relatively quite

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
When they are not playing, eating or chewing they are usually sleeping. However, if its out of her normal behavior you should trust your gut instincts.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Well I think Bo is one of the sleepiest dogs I know!! He sleeps all night with me in bed (about midnight to 7am) then I go to work and Brad comes home from work and Bo sleeps all day with him in bed(about 8am to 530pm)!! Then he's awake the majority of the evening, except for his little car naps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bullies do love their sleep.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I wonder too how much we would sleep if we weren't programmed otherwise? We get programmed early on to be woken up by parents to go here or there to school for instance. Then as we get older we have alarms to wake us and urgency's to attend to and the whole "early bird gets the worm" drummed into us early on. [ not so good for the worm] Then by the time were adults and older adults the dye has been cast and we wake up on cue almost. Most research that I have read states that the majority of us don't get enough sleep for optimum health and efficiency. So I say let sleeping dogs lie. We just jealous

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.