4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
OK so Dooley has been with me a week now and everything's going great. He is adapting very well to his new home. But when it comes to nap/sleep time or whatever, he bounces around from spot to spot. From his bed to the tile floor in the kitchen, back to under my feet at the couch. Then to the rug by the door, and back to his bed. Up again and lays at the fireplace, over to the back door rug, back to his bed. So on and so on. I think y'all get the picture. He never stays in one spot longer than a couple seconds.
Anyone else have this situation going on? And when he finally decides on a spot, it's usually right where he started......... His bed. I told the little fella i bought him the whole bed, but guess he figures he only needs half.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 188

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Awww, he's adorable. He's probably just feeling the place out. Unless he seems in distress, I wouldn't worry too much. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
He's probably used to sleeping on a pile of puppies! If he is acting ok, eating, going potty...all these things..then he's just restless! As far as using half the bed...:ROFL: THAT is totally Bully normal! :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a cute. He should settle down soon and find his comfy spot. Sometimes they will start off in bed and move to the tile to cool off. We bought a Coolaroo and our like it. They can keep cool and still comfy and not on a hard floor.

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
He's probably used to sleeping on a pile of puppies! If he is acting ok, eating, going potty...all these things..then he's just restless!

Yea he is doing fine in all these areas.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Yea he is doing fine in all these areas.

Hey Paul, Rocky still does this at timesā€¦.. When he finds the coolest place in the house, after sampling them all, he will sit with his head hung over, making me think he's being disciplined, and when I'm wondering what has recently happened which makes him sit and hang his head, He just falls over, and I swear, he's snoring before his head hits the fetal positionā€¦.. LMAOā€¦.. I joke with you not, he first samples different places, then goes and sits in one with his head hung literally to where you think his belly button would be, Then just falls over, and he's out for the count !!!! ROFLMAOā€¦.. Every Bully is different, but I'll have to get a picture of his, JUST BEFORE I PASS OUT FACEā€¦ā€¦. Check em outā€¦. see if thats what its about, I swear if I put a block of ice in the house, Rocky would find it, and plop down on top of it for sleep !! :yes:

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
That would have me cracking up for sure. Dooley doesn't do this but his little quirks are coming out more and more everyday. He keeps me laughing.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
same here Lily is traveling from place to place , eather on the floor , in ed with Shy (or on her head for that matter) , kitchen - i dont think hes uncomfortable , like someone mentioned before hes checking the place out , or maybe trying to coll himself down a bit

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Duchess did that when she was very young unless I opened her crate door. Then she would go right in and start snoring! Maybe he's looking for his "den"

TjAndBritt

Jun 11, 2013
Jonesboro, AR
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tj
Tj does this too, he is either going from one area to another OR hes just spot hopping in the same general area, if hes on the couch he will change positions at least ten times before settling down. If hes in his crate (next to my bed at night) I will watch him circle lay down get up circle lay down facing other way get up lay down on other corner, for at least 20 minutes, he doesn't whine but he just can't sit still lol

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
That's so cute!!! Tubby does this too til he finds the best spot. I find with Tubbs he sleeps in the most uncomfortable positions but that's when he is totally KO'd

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
attachment.php

HRH often sleeps just like this. Makes us wonder why we were so concerned with getting a bed with a chin rest.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Hey Paul, Rocky still does this at timesā€¦.. When he finds the coolest place in the house, after sampling them all, he will sit with his head hung over, making me think he's being disciplined, and when I'm wondering what has recently happened which makes him sit and hang his head, He just falls over, and I swear, he's snoring before his head hits the fetal positionā€¦.. LMAOā€¦.. I joke with you not, he first samples different places, then goes and sits in one with his head hung literally to where you think his belly button would be, Then just falls over, and he's out for the count !!!! ROFLMAOā€¦.. Every Bully is different, but I'll have to get a picture of his, JUST BEFORE I PASS OUT FACEā€¦ā€¦. Check em outā€¦. see if thats what its about, I swear if I put a block of ice in the house, Rocky would find it, and plop down on top of it for sleep !! :yes:

Our Ollie does this he falls asleep sitting up head drooped over snoring, he wobbles and catches himself after about five or six times he finally gives in and lays down!!! We have even given him a little nudge while he was wobbling, it really didn't take much and he was over, but he'll sit back up and do it a few more times till he's ready I guess!! But he is actually asleep sitting up snoring/wobbling. Its quite funny!!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.