Strange question

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
I know this is a strange question but can anyone tell me how many times a day my 5 month old should be pooping?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
If you're feeding a good food without all the fillers then once or twice a day is fine.

The crappy food has so many fillers that it just comes out the other end .... a LOT!! :*(

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
i feed him blue buffalo wilderness twice a day

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Colossus goes about three times a day - once in the morning, once in the afternoon, then once again right before bed. As long as its not squirshy you should be ok.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey was a pooping machine: 7-8 times a day. Early ones were soft/serve firm, but as the day wore on they became really soft serve. And this was on Fromms. We switched to PureVita Bison, stools firmed up but still producing huge, frequent poops. So we went on Earborne Meadowfeast- it has no sweet potato in it, the only common denominator in all the other foods- and we have a winner! He goes 2 times a day- small and firm!!

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
have any of you used blue bufflao, is it a good food and is it going to make him poop alot?

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Well actually i wanted to know because of potty training issues, i was told to take him out and tell him to go potty and dont let him back in until he goes and if he takes to long kennel him for a couple minutes and then take him back out and keep doing that until he goes, i want to know how often he should be pooping because i dont want to keep him outside forever thinking he should be pooping if hes only supposed to go once or twice a day. Does that make sense?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Makes perfect since. The rule of thumb I go by is, when they wake up, take them out, after they play, after they eat or at his age about every two to three hours, when you are home with him. Stay out for a little while and if nothing, come back in. I don't stay out there any longer than 15 minutes and if it's hot outside then it about 10 minutes. Give plenty of praise when he goes outside and if he makes a mistake in the house, don't make a big deal about it. If you catch him in the act just pick him up, tell him NO and take him outside to finish, which in most cases he won't go, but he might. Just be patient and consistent.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Rocky is 15 months old, most importantly, But as soon as I wake up, I take him out, he potties, and pees, when he comes in he eats breakfast, and gets water, By noonish to twoish, he will go out and pee again, may or may not poop, his water is available at all times, in the evening usually about 6ish, he is fed again, between 7-8ish he goes out for the last time. His out time is about 10 minutes, He immediately pees, and I walk him a little, and he poops. His poop I watch always, about 1 ½" to 2" inches long, and about 3 - 5 logs this size. Right now I'm in the process of switching Rocky between Blue Buffalo Sensative food Turkey and Potatoes to Blue Buffalo Grain Free Salmon. The reason for the food switch is sensitive food diet is a 4 star food, that Rocky doesn't care for much, but eats, The Salmon food is 6*, and something he likes and will eat, The next part of this is, I am adopting Rambo which is a 9 month old Bully who is already on Blue Buffaly Grain Free Salmon. So no switch for Rambo when he arrives this weekend, but gaining 2*'s for Rocky, and when his food time comes, he doesn't sniff and walk away, he actually eats his dinner. Another important part of this is Rocky is eating 3 cups of food a day, 1 ½ AM 1 ½ PM. His poop is Firm, well defined. I'm happy with his potty schedule, and it works for Rocky too. Hope this helps, His Age, amount of food he gets, and when he goes out, and how much he poops, is all pretty much standard, meaning if he poops at noon, then he poops less at night, if he doesn't poop at noon, then I can tell usually that evening.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Makes perfect since. The rule of thumb I go by is, when they wake up, take them out, after they play, after they eat or at his age about every two to three hours, when you are home with him. Stay out for a little while and if nothing, come back in. I don't stay out there any longer than 15 minutes and if it's hot outside then it about 10 minutes. Give plenty of praise when he goes outside and if he makes a mistake in the house, don't make a big deal about it. If you catch him in the act just pick him up, tell him NO and take him outside to finish, which in most cases he won't go, but he might. Just be patient and consistent.

^^^^ exactly! Excellent info David!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online