The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have had various furry friends the majority of my life from kittens to several pups and have been excited and loved them all. However, since finding out from my family that Harlea will be joining us soon I am more excited than I have ever been with any of my other furry children. It's hard to explain... The house is ready, we are stocked up on chew toys, food, canned pumpkin and her crate is ready to go so there is not much left for me to do outside of cutting down a pear tree in our back yard so she doesn't get ahold of the fruit when we take her out back. With all of that I am going stir crazy waiting for the 29th to get here and the dream finally becoming a reality. Constant waves of emotion from joy to this can't be real to what if I do something wrong is just flying through my mind at this point which seem normal yet crazy to me much of the same feeling back when our first child was born. So, with that what are some of the things that you did to pass the days while waiting to hold your bully for the first time?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
LOL.... you're not excited,, noooooo! lol
Princess Gracie came to us at 3.5 years old but we had to wait about 10 days for her to get shipped here... I dont recall what we did but there was a pretty high anticipation level in our household. Princess Amelia we had to wait about 15 minute from finding out about her to getting her.... way different rescue story but no less anticipation.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
No I am not excited at all.... lol Is it that obvious? Good thing that I have work to keep me occupied during the day but I am driving my wife nuts at night. :eek:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Todd I feel for you Buddy, I'll be picking Rambo up by Saturday for sure, and the Anticipation of doubling up on everything to keep the two from getting jealous and making room for the new crate, getting his food ready, Bowls etc...Is overwhelming. Although I get daily updates on how he's doing, I still know when he and Rocky are together all will be right.... Already knowing they will be best of friends, both are so social, and love being around other pets, Just yesterday, I ordered another Safety restraint for my back seat, One for each, and the best part is, I don't even know if I have two of those metal clasps back there to hold Rambo and Rocky.....lol.... So i've gotten all the necessary items prior to Rambo's arrival, as i'm sure it will be the start of a new action adventure movie starring Rocky with Rambo....lol Have you had a chance to read over the 35 items needed to keep around the house for your Bully? Its in the article section, and even though most of them you'll have around the house, its like making sure you have them to begin with thats great, Like peroxide and such, anyway, I'm thinking your just like an expectant father, by the way, I'll be waiting for my cigar !! lol

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Dave.... The wife and I have been through many of the articles on the site several times already and I am sure we will go through then several more times before she gets here. One thing is for sure this site has opened my eyes to many thing that I had either forgotten about or was never aware of before so hopefully Harlea's coming home will go as smooth as it possibly can. One good thing is we already have a blanket with her scent on it so my other dog and cats can start getting used to it.

SarahD

May 13, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
Todd, I am so excited for you! We bring home our Gigi on June 24th, and it made me giggle to read such an exact description of my own feelings :D. Everyone within 50 miles of us is SICK of hearing about The Fabulous and Beautiful Gigi! I've bought a ridiculous amount of puppy items and toys, I researched food, I researched pet insurance, I've scoured this site and every book I can get my hands on about EBs and training. My way of holding myself off at this point is A) to continue to talk about Gigi incessantly, even if the person I'm talking to has a completely glazed look on their face and B) look at pictures of her about 17 times a day. Post pics as soon as you get Harlea home--and I'll love to hear about your experiences as a "new EB parent," as I'll be going through the same thing. It will be here soon!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Thank you [MENTION=8849]SarahD[/MENTION] It is nice to see I am not losing my mind and that someone else is going through the same emotional rollercoaster that I am right now. today my wife locked in the vet we will be using and setup Harlea's first appointment for the Monday after we get her. Insurance wise we are looking at Trupanion as the vet we have chosen not only specializes in our beloved bullies but they also accept direct pay with no claim forms to file and wait for reimbursement. We should be receiving some new pics of harlea later today so once I get them and google over them for a bit I will be sure to post them here as it has been a week since I have seen update ones. I wish we could go visit her, but the person we are getting her from has recently had to change her rules and no longer allows facility visits as she was recently broken in to and several pup and adults were stolen.

SarahD

May 13, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
Thank you @SarahD It is nice to see I am not losing my mind and that someone else is going through the same emotional rollercoaster that I am right now. today my wife locked in the vet we will be using and setup Harlea's first appointment for the Monday after we get her. Insurance wise we are looking at Trupanion as the vet we have chosen not only specializes in our beloved bullies but they also accept direct pay with no claim forms to file and wait for reimbursement. We should be receiving some new pics of harlea later today so once I get them and google over them for a bit I will be sure to post them here as it has been a week since I have seen update ones. I wish we could go visit her, but the person we are getting her from has recently had to change her rules and no longer allows facility visits as she was recently broken in to and several pup and adults were stolen.

Hahahaha! I just paid for her Trupanion policy yesterday, and also set up her vet appointment. We're going the day after she comes home....and were lucky enough to find a vet that specializes in EBs that's really close by--about 11 miles away. You made ME feel better :). I'm willing to admit that I'm a little over-the-top at this point. But I don't care!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... welcome the wonderfully, obssesed world of Bulldogs! They truely are like no other -- so hard to put into words, but they are an amazing breed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online