Question on Ears....

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
I heard someone (not here) talk about "glueing" ears? Can someone tell me about this and is it good to do or a nono?

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
From what i've read, EB standard is the "rose" ear, if you look at mine he has it. Sometimes the ears lay flat and owners will have the ears glued. Its an individual decision and if you plan on having your puppy shown you may want to have him evaluated at a kennel club and they can tell you for sure if he needs it done.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You really only need to glue them if you plan on showing them in competition. I have NEVER glued any of mine and they all have wonderful ears. I am not sure if it is even necessary, but I suppose it could be in some cases. Yuna and Tidus have lovely ears, and I never glued them.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Daddy has HUGE ears ... big and floppy but as I've no intention of showing him they are going to stay as nature intended!! :heart:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I actually tried glueing Gertie's ears, to see if they'd lay down and be "rosebud" shaped. But one ear refused to glue down. She always wiggled and then scratched at that ear before the glue could set. The other ear did stay glued for a couple weeks, but it didn't seem to make any difference. She just has goofy ears. Gives her "personality".

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
if your gonna show them and they dont have "rose ears" then you would have to glue them to get the akc standard rose ears.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.