ACTING UP

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Quick question, last night my daughter came home from her grandmas she has been gone for a week, this morning Rebel was being a total monster, he pooped in the house, he was getting into the garbage, he even stole my bra and hid it underneath my daughters bed, hes been extremely sweet and obedient lately until this morning, could he be jealous or what?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Quick question, last night my daughter came home from her grandmas she has been gone for a week, this morning Rebel was being a total monster, he pooped in the house, he was getting into the garbage, he even stole my bra and hid it underneath my daughters bed, hes been extremely sweet and obedient lately until this morning, could he be jealous or what?

It really sounds like typical Bulldog puppy behavior. He's throwing a temper tantrum not getting all of the attention!

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
ya thats what i was thinking

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
ya thats what i was thinking

Every single time my wife does laundry, when she takes them out of the dryer Buster believes it's his job to take the kitchen towels and her underwear to his bed. :crazy:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Dogs are instinctual. They don't experience emotions like humans do. I know. I know. Not the popular thing to say around here. Dogs don't speak English either. But that's another post.

I would guess this is what occurred...

1) you have a puppy -- this is playing behavior and this is what puppies do
2) the daughter coming home brought on some excitement in the household and your pup reacted to that -- he's not being jealous. That is silly.
3) Your bra was within puppy reach and so was used as a toy (lesson: if the dog's not supposed to have it, don't leave it where he can get it)

Your pup is adorable. Savor these puppy moments. They are too fleeting!!

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
haha thats funny the bra was in an area i didnt think he could reach but i was wrong he seems to be able to reach new places everyday lol

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
haha thats funny the bra was in an area i didnt think he could reach but i was wrong he seems to be able to reach new places everyday lol

My Bo has a fascination with bras. He will go into my bathroom or grandma's bathroom and pluck them off the top of the TALL BASKET HAMPERS we both have. He hasn't learned to remove the lid and dig through the hamper -so the key is to put the bra into the hamper and replace the lid. Grandma can't seem to grasp that concept so she continues to have some brassiere fatalities. LOL

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
:D he is being a Rebel! :yes: I agree with Vicaroo, he is just being a puppy, enjoy it! he's probably excited to have your daughter back home so he is just more playful than usual. When we take Ulysses to my in-laws' they are so excited to see him and he to see them that he behaves like he has lost his mind, running wild around the house, jumping on and off the sofa, biting things...etc.. whereas at home he usually sleeps and looks out of the windows and from time to time checks what's going on outside from the balcony ...right now he is back in his crate sleeping like a little "snory angle" :D he really loves it there.

Oh don't get me started with the bras, he is obsessed with them! he is always on a mission to capture them, if he can't find one he'll settle for a sock ;) I think he loves to chew them cause of the bars they have inside, it gives him a goal... take them out! it's like removing the face of each and every one of his stuffed animals.... I always joke around that he just wants to make them all look like him... :tongue:

Last edited:

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Haha... They are quite entertaining. Daisy loves my bras too! That and my bf's dirty socks.. Silly dog :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Dogs are instinctual. They don't experience emotions like humans do. I know. I know. Not the popular thing to say around here. Dogs don't speak English either. But that's another post.

I would guess this is what occurred...

1) you have a puppy -- this is playing behavior and this is what puppies do
2) the daughter coming home brought on some excitement in the household and your pup reacted to that -- he's not being jealous. That is silly.
3) Your bra was within puppy reach and so was used as a toy (lesson: if the dog's not supposed to have it, don't leave it where he can get it)

Your pup is adorable. Savor these puppy moments. They are too fleeting!!

I second this ^^^ 100% agree!!

so very glad my fur-kids don't take off with any type of cloths *knock on wood*

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh don't get me started with the bras, he is obsessed with them! he is always on a mission to capture them, if he can't find one he'll settle for a sock ;) I think he loves to chew them cause of the bars they have inside, it gives him a goal... take them out! it's like removing the face of each and every one of his stuffed animals.... I always joke around that he just wants to make them all look like him... :tongue:

Yup.

Bo just claimed another "kill" yesterday. I left it on TOP of the hamper! My own fault!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.