Bogey 8 months!`

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Just can't believe my little guy is 8 months old! He has been such a blast to have, although his evil alter-ego Bogart was challenging to say the least! We see very little of him these days, which is a blessing!:pray:
Bogey is completely housetrained- has not had an accident in over 2 months. He LOVES all dogs, cats, and especially children. We drove from Fla to Ct in April, and he was the perfect passenger! We will head back to Florida next week, and hope he will repeat that! I got to test him first-hand as a therapy dog- something we will pursue as soon as we get back to Florida. I broke my hand 4 days after we got here, and had a total mastectomy 4 weeks ago. Bogey was by my side every minute, gave the best hugs, and kept my spirits up by just looking at him. He has quite a fan club around here and we just love bringing him anywhere. He brought many smiles to the wonderful people of Newtown, where we are from. I truly believe therapy is his calling.
His puppy digestive issues have all resolved- he eats Earthborne Meadowfeast and is thriving on it! 2 small, firm poops a day!! Yeah!! He has become quite addicted to his nightly ice cream treat (started by my hubby). Every night, Ed has a bowl of ice cream around 8 pm. He started giving Bogey a scoop as well. Now, if by 8:15, the Ice cream is not served, Bogey will wake from a dead sleep and go and sit in the kitchen! Without fail. Bulldogs just love routine!!
He is the light of our life, and I can't imagine my world without him. This site continues to be such a great source of info, laughter, tears, and help!! So glad to be a part of it- love to watch your bullies grow and be a part of your life!!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Sounds like you have been through alot lately, so glad you have that cute little Bogey to help you through. Sounds like he's growing up to be a fine young boy and cute beyond belief. Hoping you have a quick recovery. Keep us posted on YOU and Bogey.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Bogey sounds wonderful. Bullies are the best. My Dudley is the best -- stinkin' cute and so funny. :DWe laugh at him all the time. I laughed when you said bulldogs love their routine. Duddy HATES it if anything is even slightly off - piece of furniture moved, dog toys put away, late dinner -- he's so funny. Your little guy will love you unconditionally -- take care of each other!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
If you miss the evil side I could loan you Amelia for about 6 months or so.... :whistle:

I think ALL puppies go thru that.... maybe all young of a species. Look how much work human babies are at first. Baby bullies are no different. The reward surely outweighs the effort!!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Wow, you have been through alot lately. It's good to know all is going well though and that your pup is learning good manners

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
If you miss the evil side I could loan you Amelia for about 6 months or so.... :whistle:

I think ALL puppies go thru that.... maybe all young of a species. Look how much work human babies are at first. Baby bullies are no different. The reward surely outweighs the effort!!
So funny you say that! When you started posting Princess Amelia's antics, I was SOOOOO glad we were past that stage, and so hoping that HRH would teach her the ropes before she abdicated the throne! Love watching them bond!! And yes, it is all worth it in the end!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jeez....you are a trooper and Bogey knew you needed him! I'm happy to hear you are on THIS side of THAT tough experience. I can't believe he's 8 months old either! Take care of yourself..:hug:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
oh my goodness you have been though A LOT :( so glad you are ok!!! I just love little Bogey, he has always been such a good looking boy, glad he has grown out of his Bogart stage ;) :hug: to you both!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Mary -- prayers and hugs to you!! Our bully babies sure do know when to stay right by our side when we are not feeling well. :hug:

Bogey is so darn adorable...

Most Reactions