4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
I found some canned pumpkin at the grocery. It's 100% pumpkin but it was in the pie filling section and the pic on the can is of a pie. Is this the "ok" version to give my bd if he should need?

Also as I'm typing this, he is at the water bowl gulping down another bowl. He drinks so much water. I fill up his bowl a couple times a day. He also gets hiccups to from drinking so fast. But they don't last long. I know they need lots of water at this stage in life but is all this water drinking normal?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 79

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
If it says 100% pumpkin..that's it! My store keeps it with the canned veggie..but I've seen it everywhere! Yes!! They drink a ton of water! I have to remind Jake to STOP! :ROFL:

Cute picture! Brings back Baby Bully memories! :)

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Thanks for the info. I would rather ask the experts rather than assume.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yup, Becky answered your question already re. the pumpkin.

If you're concerned about gulping the water too fast you can always put one of those slow feed balls in the bowl to slow him down. But yes, my boys drink a lot of H20 too.
Your Dooley's a cutie!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
hes soooooooo cute :)

- - - Updated - - -

hes soooooooo cute :)

- - - Updated - - -

sorry...my post for some reason at times show up twice!

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Oh I like the ice idea Dave. I'll have to try that out.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Oh I like the ice idea Dave. I'll have to try that out.

Rocky is spoiled as you can see him head in
Lap with me as I'm uploading his pictures to this forum.... He's Rotten !! If his water bowl doesn't have ice, he doesn't want it!! Another suggestion, Rocky is big on car rides and meeting new people, he's VERY sociable, so I ordered him a pet restraint from Amazon, it clicks on the baby car seat thingy in the back seat and to his harness ! Serves two purposes, Rocky likes to moved back to front while we're moving as well as side to side, this restrains him to one section of the back seat where I can watch him, pet him and see him at all times, it also safeguards him in case of an accident. The other thing I do is buy bottled water, refrigerate it, and any time were in the car, when we stop
At red lights etc... He gets a drink from his water bottle. Like you, I live in Louisiana, and even with the A/C on high, at 90+ degrees outside its still sometimes hard to keep him comfortable. Rocky has learned to drink from his bottled water bottle, and he doesn't pant near about as bad with chilled water. When I first got Rocky, he was never a snuggler, never slowed down to be held, and would lay away from you, Now when I lay down, he sleeps with his chin over my neck, slobbering on me !! He knows who his daddy is, and he loves being spoiled and getting the attention he does. He's such a good Boy!! Just something to try with yours while he's young and like a sponge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!! What a GREAT picture!! Man oh man it does bring back happy memories! Thanks for that!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like you have the right pumpkin and they do drink a lot of water sometimes.

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Rocky is spoiled as you can see him head in
Lap with me as I'm uploading his pictures to this forum.... He's Rotten !! If his water bowl doesn't have ice, he doesn't want it!! Another suggestion, Rocky is big on car rides and meeting new people, he's VERY sociable, so I ordered him a pet restraint from Amazon, it clicks on the baby car seat thingy in the back seat and to his harness ! Serves two purposes, Rocky likes to moved back to front while we're moving as well as side to side, this restrains him to one section of the back seat where I can watch him, pet him and see him at all times, it also safeguards him in case of an accident. The other thing I do is buy bottled water, refrigerate it, and any time were in the car, when we stop
At red lights etc... He gets a drink from his water bottle. Like you, I live in Louisiana, and even with the A/C on high, at 90+ degrees outside its still sometimes hard to keep him comfortable. Rocky has learned to drink from his bottled water bottle, and he doesn't pant near about as bad with chilled water. When I first got Rocky, he was never a snuggler, never slowed down to be held, and would lay away from you, Now when I lay down, he sleeps with his chin over my neck, slobbering on me !! He knows who his daddy is, and he loves being spoiled and getting the attention he does. He's such a good Boy!! Just something to try with yours while he's young and like a sponge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yea he is coming around to me. Lol yesterday he didnt want to be held at all and putting him in my lap while sitting on the floor was a no go also. Today he let me hold him quite a bit. Its also only been 3 days so he is still getting used to his new surroundings. Knowing how hot it gets here I've already bought a bottle top thing that allows them to lick the cap and get water out. We will see how this holds up on our evening walks later.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.