Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default We Just Got Back From Woofstock

Hi Everyone, the family took Bulldozer and Blossom to Woofstock in Toronto today, and we had a great time. I brought my 5 year old Grandson with us, and he only had one thing on his mind, and that was to see a Great Dane down there. Someone at school had told him about Great Danes and how they were as big as horses. Lol. I explained to him that they weren't as big as horses, that people just said they were like horses because of their size. I showed him on the Internet what they looked like and he said they didn't look that big, he wanted to see a real one. He asked me if he would see one at Woofstock, and I told him he would probably would because there was so many kinds of dogs there. Well he got to see about 10 Great Danes, and has decided that their not that big, because they are not bigger than him. Lol. His new favourite dog is the Chuiauaha and the yorkies because they are cute and small. Too cute.
    We met lots of bullies and their owners there, and I talked up EBN to everyone, I think I may have 4 or 5 recruits. All in all it was a good day, we scored lots of cool stuff, I got my guys 2 new England soccer shirts, new leashes, new balls, new dog name tags, some Wellness soft treats which were half the price of the stores and everything was no tax, bonus. They also got a dog first aid kit, some poop bag hooks that you put on their leash, to hold the bags, so you don't have to carry them, and I scored a wooden Bulldog plaque to hang on the wall to hang their leashes on.

I'm not so sure if my husband would agree that the day was totally good though, because he got pooped on his shoulder by a bird, and then when we were leaving and walking back to the car he stepped in a big mushy dog poop pile and then he almost slipped on it too. Whee. Lol. He didn't think it was very funny though.

Here is a pic of the stuff we got down at Woofstock :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  
    Last edited by Vikinggirl; 06-08-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: We Just Got Back From Woofstock

What a great day you had.... lots of nice goodies too
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Man oh Man, Monica, that sounded and looks like a blast. As a child growing up by @JeannieCO, I don't know if she remembers or not, But one of the High Schoolers use to ride a skateboard, and walk his Great Dane through the neighborhood, Only problem was, when the great Dane started running I could hear the skateboard wheels humming a block away, and I thought they were as fast as a passing car in the neighborhood !!! They were Amazing, But then I remember Jeannie's St Bernard too, he was Handsome and a Big, Big St Bernard !!! As a third grader in grade school, These pets were Giant !!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

What a special day for you and your Grandson !!! very nice
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like you scored! Sounds like a fun time!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Monica, sounds like you had a great day and your hubby and a crappy day.... Doesn't seem like it's been a year already since you did the last Woofstock. Time sure flies. That's the coolest thing when you many of one particular things: great danes, bully, jeeps, mustangs, horses, etc. Always awesome. Oh and got a really good laugh on the pot and the egg. OMG

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Man oh Man, Monica, that sounded and looks like a blast. As a child growing up by @JeannieCO, I don't know if she remembers or not, But one of the High Schoolers use to ride a skateboard, and walk his Great Dane through the neighborhood, Only problem was, when the great Dane started running I could hear the skateboard wheels humming a block away, and I thought they were as fast as a passing car in the neighborhood !!! They were Amazing, But then I remember Jeannie's St Bernard too, he was Handsome and a Big, Big St Bernard !!! As a third grader in grade school, These pets were Giant !!
    Dave, I keep trying to rack my brain to remember some of the things you do. I can't recall the guy and the Great Dane, maybe he never came down my street? Love (he was a she) was a big girl no doubt. A gentle giant.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Monica, sounds like you had a great day and your hubby and a crappy day.... Doesn't seem like it's been a year already since you did the last Woofstock. Time sure flies. That's the coolest thing when you many of one particular things: great danes, bully, jeeps, mustangs, horses, etc. Always awesome. Oh and got a really good laugh on the pot and the egg. OMG

Dave, I keep trying to rack my brain to remember some of the things you do. I can't recall the guy and the Great Dane, maybe he never came down my street? Love (he was a she) was a big girl no doubt. A gentle giant.
    I'm sorry Jeannie, I meant to say She, and forgot to correct it…. With a name like "Love" I knew she was a she…. But yes, a Gentle Giant !!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Yeah. They must seem huge to a child. It's great having my grandson, it's like a gift of a child in your life again. My kids are 31 and 33. It's a lot of fun to see the world through a child's eyes.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad you liked the joke, I hit a good chuckle out of it too. It hasn't been a year though since the last Woofstock, the last one we went to was in October, and it was the winter Woofstock which is an indoor venue. This was the summer one , and it was held outside.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Wow! sounds like a great day..well, except for your poor hubby! I am the one who gets pooped on by birds in my family. Jeeeeez....your grandson sounds like a real character...

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    I'm sorry Jeannie, I meant to say She, and forgot to correct it…. With a name like "Love" I knew she was a she…. But yes, a Gentle Giant !!
    Heck no sorry needed, I just wish I could jog my memory more.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Tabatha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Guinevere, Little Be
    Likes (Received)

Woodstock sounds like fun, well fun for all but your hubby! Looks like you got a nice haul!
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads