Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
They have a Buddy Belt vendor there, I passed by, and saw lots of coloured leather Buddy Belts, but I didn't see any with prints on them. I didn't look at everything in that booth , so maybe they have some, I hope you find some. Good luck. The weather is supposed to be nice today, 24 and sunny, so should be a good day. It was supposed to rain yesterday, but the weather held up and ended up being really nice out, it wasn't too hot, and we had lunch on the outside patio at Jack Astors with the dogs. It's too bad we weren't going on the same day, it would have been nice to meet you and Stig and Brutus. Maybe we will meet up at a bully meetup one day. Have a great day at Woofstock, hope you find some good deals, and free stuff. They had lots of free samples. Enjoy, and don't forget to share with us what treasures you found. We're off to Caledon this afternoon for a barbecue at my friends, it'll be nice to spend the day in the country, and she has a huge property where Dozey and Blossom can run around. They also have 4 dogs, so they'll have lots of friends to play with. Talk to you later.

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Aw! Glad you had a good time. I really wanted to take Otis down, but stupid work had to ruin the fun.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I miss getting to go to Woofstock and some of the other "dog day events" where I use to live there was a lot of things like that but don't have those events over here :(

Glad you had a good day and got so many goodies for the babies .... and I am trying not to giggle about your husbands bad day :ashamed:

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
How was Woofstock? It's crazy busy. Did you end up finding the buddy belts? Or any other cool stuff for your babies?

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
When my daughter was in the first grade the class went in a field trip and she got pooped on by a bird. I told her it was good luck and she yells back at me HOW IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD LUCK WHEN ALL YOUR FRIENDS LAUGH AT YOU! She was far from impressed. Lol There is supposed to be a woofstock in Wichita Ks on Saturday. I'm thinking of going but it's a 3 hour drive. I'm not sure I'll make it. I do wish there was more dog things to attend. It's so much fun.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I'm glad you liked the joke, I hit a good chuckle out of it too. It hasn't been a year though since the last Woofstock, the last one we went to was in October, and it was the winter Woofstock which is an indoor venue. This was the summer one , and it was held outside.

Where was it held in Toronto ? first time I have even heard of it , not sure is worth the 4 hr drive , But the Prettyone and My kids might have liked that lol

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Where was it held in Toronto ? first time I have even heard of it , not sure is worth the 4 hr drive , But the Prettyone and My kids might have liked that lol

Woodstock was held at Woodbine Park in Toronto. It was a new location this year, it was usually held at St Lawrence Market in June, but they changed the location to Woodbine Park this year, and it used to be held in June, but it was switched to September. I liked the location better this year because it was a park with lots of grass, and near a beach and a leash free park, so much more dog friendly. The St Lawrence Market location is all streets and sidewalks, they close the streets for the weekend, but it's all concrete, so hot on the dogs paws, and there isn't any shady or grassy areas. I also liked the new date. September is much better weather wise, it wasn't too hot or humid. It is a lot of fun, and they have many vendors and lots of great products, and many things are two for one, or no tax, and many one of a kind products you don't see in stores. You should try to get out one year.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Woodstock was held at Woodbine Park in Toronto. It was a new location this year, it was usually held at St Lawrence Market in June, but they changed the location to Woodbine Park this year, and it used to be held in June, but it was switched to September. I liked the location better this year because it was a park with lots of grass, and near a beach and a leash free park, so much more dog friendly. The St Lawrence Market location is all streets and sidewalks, they close the streets for the weekend, but it's all concrete, so hot on the dogs paws, and there isn't any shady or grassy areas. I also liked the new date. September is much better weather wise, it wasn't too hot or humid. It is a lot of fun, and they have many vendors and lots of great products, and many things are two for one, or no tax, and many one of a kind products you don't see in stores. You should try to get out one year.

Ahh the old race track , lol glad I do not own one of those houses or condo,s . I grew up there in the Beaches , yes the park there near ash-bridges bay cool , sounded like a hoot .
We still have a townhouse in Toronto maybe next year for us , The Beaches is huge dog friendly great place for dogs , I sold our house there on a cobblestone road ( only one left in Toronto ) app 4 years ago lived there app 45 years , do not miss it one bit . do not get Me wrong great neighborhood but the taxes WOW choke a horse versus where I am now and NO ROB FORD bonus !!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Ahh the old race track , lol glad I do not own one of those houses or condo,s . I grew up there in the Beaches , yes the park there near ash-bridges bay cool , sounded like a hoot .
We still have a townhouse in Toronto maybe next year for us , The Beaches is huge dog friendly great place for dogs , I sold our house there on a cobblestone road ( only one left in Toronto ) app 4 years ago lived there app 45 years , do not miss it one bit . do not get Me wrong great neighborhood but the taxes WOW choke a horse versus where I am now and NO ROB FORD bonus !!

I grew up in High Park and then Streetsville, but we moved to Burlington for the same reasons. Toronto is too busy and expensive, and Mississauga, Oakville as well. The taxes are really high in these areas as are the Condo fees compared to Burlington. Where are you located?

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I grew up in High Park and then Streetsville, but we moved to Burlington for the same reasons. Toronto is too busy and expensive, and Mississauga, Oakville as well. The taxes are really high in these areas as are the Condo fees compared to Burlington. Where are you located?

lol When we first got married we lived on Indian road I could see the park , I retired and sold everything we rent a townhouse now as My Prettyone is younger and career doing well , it is terrible the most we have ever been separated in 30 years I hate it , but there are advantages to being a KEPT MAN I must say Ya get to spend your money on Bulldogs for company !! When I retired I had a very small bucket list , I wanted a Camaro and a Bulldog , I got Tilly and drove her home from the breeder in a 2010 Camaro , that week sold the house moved to Barrys Bay Ont were we vacationed for app 40 plus years , doubled the size of the house too 3300 Sq Ft with app 3 acres and recently bought another 4 acres including waterfront on Carson lake that property is adjacent to mine closes around Thanksgiving cut my taxes in half too . Very rural I am app 15 mins from town towards Algonquin Park east gate , app 1 hr north of Bancroft . It is DOG heaven here just gotta keep a eye out for coyotes, wolves and such but with Odin around seems ok now and a BIG gun !

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
lol When we first got married we lived on Indian road I could see the park , I retired and sold everything we rent a townhouse now as My Prettyone is younger and career doing well , it is terrible the most we have ever been separated in 30 years I hate it , but there are advantages to being a KEPT MAN I must say Ya get to spend your money on Bulldogs for company !! When I retired I had a very small bucket list , I wanted a Camaro and a Bulldog , I got Tilly and drove her home from the breeder in a 2010 Camaro , that week sold the house moved to Barrys Bay Ont were we vacationed for app 40 plus years , doubled the size of the house too 3300 Sq Ft with app 3 acres and recently bought another 4 acres including waterfront on Carson lake that property is adjacent to mine closes around Thanksgiving cut my taxes in half too . Very rural I am app 15 mins from town towards Algonquin Park east gate , app 1 hr north of Bancroft . It is DOG heaven here just gotta keep a eye out for coyotes, wolves and such but with Odin around seems ok now and a BIG gun !

I was wondering where Barry's Bay was. We used to go with my Dad to Algonquin Park camping when we were kids.
We also spent a lot of time up on Rice Lake in Peterborough, my Dad has a cottage on Rice Lake, and he retired and moved up to Hastings, which is close to Coburg.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I was wondering where Barry's Bay was. We used to go with my Dad to Algonquin Park camping when we were kids.
We also spent a lot of time up on Rice Lake in Peterborough, my Dad has a cottage on Rice Lake, and he retired and moved up to Hastings, which is close to Coburg.

Well if you went hwy 401 east up hwy 35 -115 so Oshawa way you would be the east side of the park that's us , if you went 400 north and went thru Brace-bridge -Huntsville you went in west gate , it is like Toronto there now heavy build up no longer cottage country , the G8- G20 investment sealed that deal . We are still very much cottage country on the east side and putting By-laws in to keep what happened in Huntsville out ! you can Google it and find it no issues use maps , app 4 hrs away depending on the Oshawa to Toronto traffic

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.