Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Everyone, the family took Bulldozer and Blossom to Woofstock in Toronto today, and we had a great time. I brought my 5 year old Grandson with us, and he only had one thing on his mind, and that was to see a Great Dane down there. Someone at school had told him about Great Danes and how they were as big as horses. Lol. I explained to him that they weren't as big as horses, that people just said they were like horses because of their size. I showed him on the Internet what they looked like and he said they didn't look that big, he wanted to see a real one. He asked me if he would see one at Woofstock, and I told him he would probably would because there was so many kinds of dogs there. Well he got to see about 10 Great Danes, and has decided that their not that big, because they are not bigger than him. Lol. His new favourite dog is the Chuiauaha and the yorkies because they are cute and small. Too cute.
We met lots of bullies and their owners there, and I talked up EBN to everyone, I think I may have 4 or 5 recruits. All in all it was a good day, we scored lots of cool stuff, I got my guys 2 new England soccer shirts, new leashes, new balls, new dog name tags, some Wellness soft treats which were half the price of the stores and everything was no tax, bonus. They also got a dog first aid kit, some poop bag hooks that you put on their leash, to hold the bags, so you don't have to carry them, and I scored a wooden Bulldog plaque to hang on the wall to hang their leashes on.

I'm not so sure if my husband would agree that the day was totally good though, because he got pooped on his shoulder by a bird, and then when we were leaving and walking back to the car he stepped in a big mushy dog poop pile :poo: :giggle:and then he almost slipped on it too. Whee. Lol. He didn't think it was very funny though.

Here is a pic of the stuff we got down at Woofstock :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great day you had.... lots of nice goodies too

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Man oh Man, Monica, that sounded and looks like a blast. As a child growing up by [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], I don't know if she remembers or not, But one of the High Schoolers use to ride a skateboard, and walk his Great Dane through the neighborhood, Only problem was, when the great Dane started running I could hear the skateboard wheels humming a block away, and I thought they were as fast as a passing car in the neighborhood !!! They were Amazing, But then I remember Jeannie's St Bernard too, he was Handsome and a Big, Big St Bernard !!! :yes: As a third grader in grade school, These pets were Giant !!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
What a special day for you and your Grandson !!! :clap2: very nice

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Monica, sounds like you had a great day and your hubby and a crappy day....:laugh: Doesn't seem like it's been a year already since you did the last Woofstock. Time sure flies. That's the coolest thing when you many of one particular things: great danes, bully, jeeps, mustangs, horses, etc. Always awesome. Oh and got a really good laugh on the pot and the egg. OMG :ROFL: :ROFL:

Man oh Man, Monica, that sounded and looks like a blast. As a child growing up by [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], I don't know if she remembers or not, But one of the High Schoolers use to ride a skateboard, and walk his Great Dane through the neighborhood, Only problem was, when the great Dane started running I could hear the skateboard wheels humming a block away, and I thought they were as fast as a passing car in the neighborhood !!! They were Amazing, But then I remember Jeannie's St Bernard too, he was Handsome and a Big, Big St Bernard !!! :yes: As a third grader in grade school, These pets were Giant !!

Dave, I keep trying to rack my brain to remember some of the things you do. I can't recall the guy and the Great Dane, maybe he never came down my street? Love (he was a she) was a big girl no doubt. A gentle giant.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Monica, sounds like you had a great day and your hubby and a crappy day....:laugh: Doesn't seem like it's been a year already since you did the last Woofstock. Time sure flies. That's the coolest thing when you many of one particular things: great danes, bully, jeeps, mustangs, horses, etc. Always awesome. Oh and got a really good laugh on the pot and the egg. OMG :ROFL: :ROFL:

Dave, I keep trying to rack my brain to remember some of the things you do. I can't recall the guy and the Great Dane, maybe he never came down my street? Love (he was a she) was a big girl no doubt. A gentle giant.

I'm sorry Jeannie, I meant to say She, and forgot to correct it…. With a name like "Love" I knew she was a she…. But yes, a Gentle Giant !!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah. They must seem huge to a child. It's great having my grandson, it's like a gift of a child in your life again. My kids are 31 and 33. It's a lot of fun to see the world through a child's eyes.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm glad you liked the joke, I hit a good chuckle out of it too. It hasn't been a year though since the last Woofstock, the last one we went to was in October, and it was the winter Woofstock which is an indoor venue. This was the summer one , and it was held outside.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow! sounds like a great day..well, except for your poor hubby! I am the one who gets pooped on by birds in my family. Jeeeeez....your grandson sounds like a real character...:)

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
Woodstock sounds like fun, well fun for all but your hubby! Looks like you got a nice haul!
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Well it's supposed to be good luck to get pooped on by a bird, although I don't know about that since he also stepped in dog poop. Lol. And yes he is a character. You have no idea. I think he's 5 going on 25. Lol. He makes me laugh everyday.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] Looks like you had a blast! And your bullies are so spoiled! :happy: We're all getting ready now to head there. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Really wish that they'll have some snazzy printed buddy belts too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.