Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 28 of 28

Thread: We Just Got Back From Woofstock

  1. #25
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,639
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2119

    Default Re: We Just Got Back From Woofstock

    Quote Originally Posted by natski282 View Post
    Ahh the old race track , lol glad I do not own one of those houses or condo,s . I grew up there in the Beaches , yes the park there near ash-bridges bay cool , sounded like a hoot .
    We still have a townhouse in Toronto maybe next year for us , The Beaches is huge dog friendly great place for dogs , I sold our house there on a cobblestone road ( only one left in Toronto ) app 4 years ago lived there app 45 years , do not miss it one bit . do not get Me wrong great neighborhood but the taxes WOW choke a horse versus where I am now and NO ROB FORD bonus !!
    I grew up in High Park and then Streetsville, but we moved to Burlington for the same reasons. Toronto is too busy and expensive, and Mississauga, Oakville as well. The taxes are really high in these areas as are the Condo fees compared to Burlington. Where are you located?
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  2. #26
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Barrys Bay Ont Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)
    3189

    Default Re: We Just Got Back From Woofstock

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I grew up in High Park and then Streetsville, but we moved to Burlington for the same reasons. Toronto is too busy and expensive, and Mississauga, Oakville as well. The taxes are really high in these areas as are the Condo fees compared to Burlington. Where are you located?
    lol When we first got married we lived on Indian road I could see the park , I retired and sold everything we rent a townhouse now as My Prettyone is younger and career doing well , it is terrible the most we have ever been separated in 30 years I hate it , but there are advantages to being a KEPT MAN I must say Ya get to spend your money on Bulldogs for company !! When I retired I had a very small bucket list , I wanted a Camaro and a Bulldog , I got Tilly and drove her home from the breeder in a 2010 Camaro , that week sold the house moved to Barrys Bay Ont were we vacationed for app 40 plus years , doubled the size of the house too 3300 Sq Ft with app 3 acres and recently bought another 4 acres including waterfront on Carson lake that property is adjacent to mine closes around Thanksgiving cut my taxes in half too . Very rural I am app 15 mins from town towards Algonquin Park east gate , app 1 hr north of Bancroft . It is DOG heaven here just gotta keep a eye out for coyotes, wolves and such but with Odin around seems ok now and a BIG gun !
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

    ...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

  3. #27
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,639
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2119

    Default Re: We Just Got Back From Woofstock

    Quote Originally Posted by natski282 View Post
    lol When we first got married we lived on Indian road I could see the park , I retired and sold everything we rent a townhouse now as My Prettyone is younger and career doing well , it is terrible the most we have ever been separated in 30 years I hate it , but there are advantages to being a KEPT MAN I must say Ya get to spend your money on Bulldogs for company !! When I retired I had a very small bucket list , I wanted a Camaro and a Bulldog , I got Tilly and drove her home from the breeder in a 2010 Camaro , that week sold the house moved to Barrys Bay Ont were we vacationed for app 40 plus years , doubled the size of the house too 3300 Sq Ft with app 3 acres and recently bought another 4 acres including waterfront on Carson lake that property is adjacent to mine closes around Thanksgiving cut my taxes in half too . Very rural I am app 15 mins from town towards Algonquin Park east gate , app 1 hr north of Bancroft . It is DOG heaven here just gotta keep a eye out for coyotes, wolves and such but with Odin around seems ok now and a BIG gun !
    I was wondering where Barry's Bay was. We used to go with my Dad to Algonquin Park camping when we were kids.
    We also spent a lot of time up on Rice Lake in Peterborough, my Dad has a cottage on Rice Lake, and he retired and moved up to Hastings, which is close to Coburg.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  4. #28
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Barrys Bay Ont Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)
    3189

    Default Re: We Just Got Back From Woofstock

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I was wondering where Barry's Bay was. We used to go with my Dad to Algonquin Park camping when we were kids.
    We also spent a lot of time up on Rice Lake in Peterborough, my Dad has a cottage on Rice Lake, and he retired and moved up to Hastings, which is close to Coburg.
    Well if you went hwy 401 east up hwy 35 -115 so Oshawa way you would be the east side of the park that's us , if you went 400 north and went thru Brace-bridge -Huntsville you went in west gate , it is like Toronto there now heavy build up no longer cottage country , the G8- G20 investment sealed that deal . We are still very much cottage country on the east side and putting By-laws in to keep what happened in Huntsville out ! you can Google it and find it no issues use maps , app 4 hrs away depending on the Oshawa to Toronto traffic
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

    ...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •