Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: We Just Got Back From Woofstock

Well it's supposed to be good luck to get pooped on by a bird, although I don't know about that since he also stepped in dog poop. Lol. And yes he is a character. You have no idea. I think he's 5 going on 25. Lol. He makes me laugh everyday.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Heck no sorry needed, I just wish I could jog my memory more.
    I KNOW the Great Dane was a male.... Trust me, as a child he had enough jewelry dangling to make even Arnold Swartzenager blush!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Vikinggirl Looks like you had a blast! And your bullies are so spoiled! We're all getting ready now to head there. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Really wish that they'll have some snazzy printed buddy belts too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

They have a Buddy Belt vendor there, I passed by, and saw lots of coloured leather Buddy Belts, but I didn't see any with prints on them. I didn't look at everything in that booth , so maybe they have some, I hope you find some. Good luck. The weather is supposed to be nice today, 24 and sunny, so should be a good day. It was supposed to rain yesterday, but the weather held up and ended up being really nice out, it wasn't too hot, and we had lunch on the outside patio at Jack Astors with the dogs. It's too bad we weren't going on the same day, it would have been nice to meet you and Stig and Brutus. Maybe we will meet up at a bully meetup one day. Have a great day at Woofstock, hope you find some good deals, and free stuff. They had lots of free samples. Enjoy, and don't forget to share with us what treasures you found. We're off to Caledon this afternoon for a barbecue at my friends, it'll be nice to spend the day in the country, and she has a huge property where Dozey and Blossom can run around. They also have 4 dogs, so they'll have lots of friends to play with. Talk to you later.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    I KNOW the Great Dane was a male.... Trust me, as a child he had enough jewelry dangling to make even Arnold Swartzenager blush!!!!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis & Cyrus
    Likes (Received)

Aw! Glad you had a good time. I really wanted to take Otis down, but stupid work had to ruin the fun.

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I miss getting to go to Woofstock and some of the other "dog day events" where I use to live there was a lot of things like that but don't have those events over here

Glad you had a good day and got so many goodies for the babies .... and I am trying not to giggle about your husbands bad day
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

How was Woofstock? It's crazy busy. Did you end up finding the buddy belts? Or any other cool stuff for your babies?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

When my daughter was in the first grade the class went in a field trip and she got pooped on by a bird. I told her it was good luck and she yells back at me HOW IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD LUCK WHEN ALL YOUR FRIENDS LAUGH AT YOU! She was far from impressed. Lol There is supposed to be a woofstock in Wichita Ks on Saturday. I'm thinking of going but it's a 3 hour drive. I'm not sure I'll make it. I do wish there was more dog things to attend. It's so much fun.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I'm glad you liked the joke, I hit a good chuckle out of it too. It hasn't been a year though since the last Woofstock, the last one we went to was in October, and it was the winter Woofstock which is an indoor venue. This was the summer one , and it was held outside.

Where was it held in Toronto ? first time I have even heard of it , not sure is worth the 4 hr drive , But the Prettyone and My kids might have liked that lol
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by natski282 View Post
    Where was it held in Toronto ? first time I have even heard of it , not sure is worth the 4 hr drive , But the Prettyone and My kids might have liked that lol
    Woodstock was held at Woodbine Park in Toronto. It was a new location this year, it was usually held at St Lawrence Market in June, but they changed the location to Woodbine Park this year, and it used to be held in June, but it was switched to September. I liked the location better this year because it was a park with lots of grass, and near a beach and a leash free park, so much more dog friendly. The St Lawrence Market location is all streets and sidewalks, they close the streets for the weekend, but it's all concrete, so hot on the dogs paws, and there isn't any shady or grassy areas. I also liked the new date. September is much better weather wise, it wasn't too hot or humid. It is a lot of fun, and they have many vendors and lots of great products, and many things are two for one, or no tax, and many one of a kind products you don't see in stores. You should try to get out one year.

12. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Woodstock was held at Woodbine Park in Toronto. It was a new location this year, it was usually held at St Lawrence Market in June, but they changed the location to Woodbine Park this year, and it used to be held in June, but it was switched to September. I liked the location better this year because it was a park with lots of grass, and near a beach and a leash free park, so much more dog friendly. The St Lawrence Market location is all streets and sidewalks, they close the streets for the weekend, but it's all concrete, so hot on the dogs paws, and there isn't any shady or grassy areas. I also liked the new date. September is much better weather wise, it wasn't too hot or humid. It is a lot of fun, and they have many vendors and lots of great products, and many things are two for one, or no tax, and many one of a kind products you don't see in stores. You should try to get out one year.
    Ahh the old race track , lol glad I do not own one of those houses or condo,s . I grew up there in the Beaches , yes the park there near ash-bridges bay cool , sounded like a hoot .
    We still have a townhouse in Toronto maybe next year for us , The Beaches is huge dog friendly great place for dogs , I sold our house there on a cobblestone road ( only one left in Toronto ) app 4 years ago lived there app 45 years , do not miss it one bit . do not get Me wrong great neighborhood but the taxes WOW choke a horse versus where I am now and NO ROB FORD bonus !!
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads