Coincidence or Destiny? Update: Rambo !!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Karen, I'm pushing for Friday, but its looking more like Saturday..... I'll have to leave home about 3 AM straight through will put me there between 11-12 noon. So leaving Friday morning, would put me there evening Friday, thinking best for noonish Saturday. Although nothing is set in stone yet, except friday or Saturday pickup for sure.

I think this requires lots of blow-by-blow updates of your journey and lots of pics and video!!!

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Progress……. I've texted with Leslie, (aka Bellasmom) tonight, and have trip planning most of the afternoon. I have to work through thursday evening, leaving the only day off this week as Friday. Most of the items i've needed for Rambo have been ordered online through Amazon, with Food, Harness and a couple of small items actually being purchased directly from Pet Smart, which were obtained last weekend, the rest should be delivered Thursday, no later than Friday…. Awesome…. I love shopping online, Hah !! The plan is to get a few last things accomplished Friday, which my work week next week will also be hectic, before receiving my 7 days off….. A Lot like a fireman's schedule I keep lol, Thank Goodness for my daughter, and how good she is with loving pets as well, She spends a lot of time with Rocky while I'm at work, in exercising him, and giving him his mid day breaks. I plan to keep Friday a short day in preparation for leaving home at approx. 3 am CST, traveling to Florida. The Mobile Tunnel is the biggest obstacle other than the mileage their and back. I-10 runs directly through the tunnel where from this area you can see the Whale Tale of the Carnival Cruise Ship "Triumph" the ship that was recently on the news, breaking down in the Gulf of Mexico stranding all those people. Anyway, Mobile is about 3 hours away, and then is Pensacola, and I am truly hoping to make it through Pensacola by at least 7 am. Pensacola is about half way of my trip, leaving a little more than 300 miles to go, and the next major city to cross through is Tallahassee FL, which is important, as the Time changes their to EST. I've asked Leslie if we could meet between 9 am and 12 noon, leaving myself a 3 hour window, for Traffic, Accidents, Road Construction, and minor rest stops for bathroom breaks, knowing I will need to walk around some rather than drive straight through…..lol. From Tallahassee to Lake City, where @RuralMystic is in the vicinity is about 110 miles, Thinking Jacksonville FL to Lake City is roughly 65 miles, and thats where I plan to meet Leslie (aka BellasMom) which I'm really targeting between 10-11 CST which is 11-12 EST. Crosiing times zones will be interesting in trip planning. I'm not sure yet, how far, Rambo and I will travel back, towards home, He will be spending time with me, While Rocky is with my daughter, So even if I drive half way home, I'll be able to stop in the Pensacola area, and be able to find a Pet Friendly place to stay, If energy levels and all are still good, then I'll be crossing back through Mobile after dark, on a saturday night, still before the last call danger period, which is a time I don't like to be on the road especially on a weekend night. So far, this is the game plan, and what Leslie and I have tentatively set up. I'm very excited about meeting Rambo, and Leslie…. She's been incredible this week in Fostering Rambo, as well as going to Orlando last week to pick him up from Andy and his family. Really looking foreword to seeing all this unfold, and hopefully very smoothly and as planned. Trying to get into Florida, and back out without buying any gas will be the challenge. Gas prices there are much like California, in being a Dollar more a gallon than any other place on earth…lol Challenge accepted !! I will keep everyone informed of getting on the road, and try to check in from different locations on my trip, although I Promise you i'm not nearly as efficient as my friend Jeannie is….. I'll look foreword to getting pictures with Rambo, as well as check in locations on our trip home !! :yes: I'm very excited, about Rambo, and very anxious to introduce Rambo to Rocky….. I'm very confident that Rocky is so sociable he will Love Rambo to death, and very confident in Leslie in her experience with Bullys, as she reports Rambo's activity with her Bully Betsy……. It's wonderful the connection that Bully people develop for each others judgement and discretion…… With site is truly a blessing to any Bully Owner, Regardless of Pet experience !!!! Good Night All

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Three more days!
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] - I also asked for [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] style updates. LOL Caspar balked at the time -- but I think he's really in the Update Groove now!

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
[MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION]. Try a Holiday Inn Express. They are pet friendly and I think there should be one on the route you're taking. The prices are reasonable and they often times will have a pet specific play area .

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Three more days!
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] - I also asked for [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] style updates. LOL Caspar balked at the time -- but I think he's really in the Update Groove now!

You got it. As soon as I get the pics I'll post them here at EBN.

Dave, you may not be as efficient as I was, but you're doing the driving and I was the passenger. On Saturday I'll be at the Renaissance Fair (if it's not burned up by the fires by then) but will check my phone often and post up pics. Can't wait for your journey. :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION]

When my husband and daughter drove from Ohio to Arizona to pick up Linus, they stopped at a few pet friendly hotels on the way home. I think their favorite was the "LaQuinta" chain of hotels.

But here's a website you might want to look at before you set off!!! http://www.petswelcome.com/

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
:happydance:so very excitng. Happy for you and sad for the former owner. Rambo looks like a beautiful boy, I hope his adjustment goes well for all of you and also glad he's as young as he is - should make adjustment easier. Will be looking forward to your posts and progress. Travel safe.

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
@Casper

When my husband and daughter drove from Ohio to Arizona to pick up Linus, they stopped at a few pet friendly hotels on the way home. I think their favorite was the "LaQuinta" chain of hotels.

But here's a website you might want to look at before you set off!!! http://www.petswelcome.com/

Thank You Karen, very thoughtful of you ….. and much appreciated !!

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
@Casper. Try a Holiday Inn Express. They are pet friendly and I think there should be one on the route you're taking. The prices are reasonable and they often times will have a pet specific play area .

Thank You Rachael, I'll do a little research before leaving, and plan some over night stays ahead of time…. Just in case, Possibly a Pensacola, Mobile, or Biloxi, Thinking if I get past Biloxi Ms, i'm only an hour and a half from home anyway…… Knowing that from Pensacola, to Tallahassee theres not much besides Marianna FL, which is a hole in the wall community, North of Panama City, and basically acts as an overflow for Holiday weekends.

Most Reactions