Really feel like giveing up on coco.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
One more small piece of advice: I am not a great fan of Ceaser Milan, but he does have some interesting theories. One I like the most is always think what you want your dog to do. If you think they will fail at something, they most likely will. It's a sort of kinetic energy. Visualize in your mind what you want the dog to do, and strive for success. When you put her in her crate (without bedding!), focus on the clean crate you will have in the morning. Talk to her, let her know what you expect. Set her up for success, not failure! Oh how these bullies work us!! Good luck!!

I love that one too. And its no secret I'm a huge fan of the guy. That one though --- totally my favorite.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
My Sarge is completely house trained but if I dont show him the attention he wants, he pees on the floor, thats just his way of saying hey did you forget about me? but I have a good rug shampooer, a must with anyone with dogs. never give up!!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Hopefully it will pass soon a font no were else to turn. I think I will try the crate again but a no for sure she will poop and pee in it :(. X

Does she have a lot of room in her crate? We couldn't give Aubie any room at all, just enough to turn around, or she would potty in her crate. No bedding in it, just the crate bottom, and as little room as possible. Just be patient with her and change your energy. Like someone else mentioned, Caesar Milan's ideas on positive energy really are important. I know Aubie acts up and doesn't listen when my energy is bad. I try to remember when I am frustrated with her to let it go and change my energy from negative and angry. Go back to square one, change your energy (no matter how hard it can be!), and reward her for good behavior. Both you and she can do it! Just have faith in her, work with her, and don't give up! She'll get it.

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
We didnt stop having "accidents" in the house till Gracie was 3. Not sure why it took so long as we had a solid consistent schedule. Also, there is dog adolesence (google it), we went thru that as well, which was a noticeable defiance and seemed like we were going backward. Gracie literally jumped up on my pure white couch and took a huge pee right in front of me. ha, I wasnt laughing then, but I am now...

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Tilly actually started doing this, and the only thing that stopped her was this collar that releases pheromones that mimic ones released from the momma dog. We got ours from the vet and the bad behavior totally stopped! We don't use it anymore, but it was a lifesaver! I've also heard ThunderShirts work really well!

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
I totally understand what you are going through. When Koozer was a young pup, we had him totally potty trained for about 2 months. Then we went out of town and he stayed with the breeder for the week we were gone. When we got back, he would pee everywhere! I would take him out potty, then 5 minutes later, he would pee on the rug, staring at me, as if to say "leave me and this is what happens!!!". It took another 4 weeks or so to get him re-potty trained. I was in tears all the time because it was just so frustrating and I didn't know what was wrong. We just figured he was mad beacuse we left him, and he needed stability and reassurance that we weren't leaving him again. After that, he has been perfect, even when we leave him with my parents for the weekend while hubby and I go out of town:) It will get better, I promise. One day, it will just click and she will stop.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.