Traveling

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
When I have Rocky in the truck, which is nearly dailey, I always bring a bottle of refrigerated water for him. Anytime he gets hot, I give him a shotā€¦. My vehicle is Air Conditioned, but in 90-95 degree weather, and he's in the back seat, I like to giver him every opportunity to stay kewl. The other thing I do is use a safety restraint, that I found on Amazon, That fastened to his harness, This limits the area he moves in, and keeps him safe in case of accident, I don't worry about my driving, but others tend to skeere me !! The chew toys or something to keep him occupied sounds like a great idea, and I've noticed about every two hours of driving, you'll pass a rest area, Most have security guards, usually all of them have a Pet walking area. Hope you enjoy your trip, and wishing a safe returnā€¦..

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Never, ever ever ever ever leave a dog in the car unattended. Ever. Stops at restaurants are now "to go" orders if you are traveling with your dog. Particularly in the heat of summer. It takes MINUTES to cook a normal nosed dog. Death by heatstroke is a horrible fate.

And, should anyone SEE a dog in a car while they're out traveling, print some of these off and stick them in your glove box like I do. Then, before you call the cops, you can leave the stupid people a nice note. (Thanks to member [MENTION=1930]RescueMe[/MENTION] for these! Fortunately, I didn't have to use any last summer...)

Don't Cook Your Dog.jpg

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.