GPS Tracker (Tagg System)

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Just wondering if any of our users are familiar with the Tagg system, may have one for your pets, have used this system or are by any means familiar with it ??

I've been reading different threads of how Bully's have been swiped from their homes, and thinking this would never happen to me, but I do allow Rocky off of his leash while i'm at home, knowing if something spooked him, which hasn't happened yet, that he can run faster than me, only because he has 2 more legs than I do. Does anyone have any experience with this system ? use it now perhaps ?? I'm not advertising for them, I'm only thinking about Rocky's well being, Does anyone else know of something better that will still notify me of my pets where a bouts.

Just through mothers day, My oldest daughter was staying with me a few days with he Pitt Bull. She gave her a bath, and after the bath walked out onto the patio after drying her Pitt. She was coming into heat, and so once out and clean, jumped over the patio fencing, and ran down the road. After I got off from work, and learned what was going on, we searched for her baby for 2 days solid, getting leads to follow here and there. After day two, she checked with all the animal shelters and Vet offices within 25 miles since her Pitt Bull was micro chipped, to no Avail, later that afternoon, we posted posters with reward attached. An hour later a neighbor called and said he came home from work, and the Pitt was on his porch, and he even allowed the Pitt into his house and slept with her for two days while he was searching for the owner, but of course he worked nights slept days and wasn't able to find the owner until he seen the posters hanging up through the neighborhood He inquired to the amount of reward, and 10 minutes later returned her promptly for the reward of $150.00. Needless to say, I'm a bit leary, and what scares me more than anything, is living in the country, while the landscape is awesome, if someone broke open my home doors, for a burglary, I'm sure they wouldn't close the door upon leaving to keep Rocky inside.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't have this but would be interested in looking into it further myself. I heard a stat that there are like 2 million pets stolen per year. Even with a fenced backyard I don't let my guys out of my sight when they're out there. I'm just too paranoid!
I'm glad to hear your daughter's pooch was brought back home safe and sound, but that neighbor and the whole scenario does sound fishy.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sure they wouldn't close the door upon leaving to keep Rocky inside.

I'm happy to hear that you found the Pitt Bull. I have never heard of this tracking system before. Buster does have the microchip in him though, he had it put in when he was neutered.

I have to tell you this morning I saw someone from the gas company walking down the street pushing a grocery cart with a Bulldog in it. The Bulldog ran out when the gas company went into the peoples backyard to check the gas gauge. I found that same bulldog who weighs over 80 pounds! running down the main street here about 6 months ago and I took him to the animal shelter, as soon as I walked in I had asked them to check if he had a chip in him which of course he did not. The owner called the shelter right before I was going to walk out. No matter what I think our Bully's should all have some kind of tracking on them because you just never know.

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I don't have this but would be interested in looking into it further myself. I heard a stat that there are like 2 million pets stolen per year. Even with a fenced backyard I don't let my guys out of my sight when they're out there. I'm just too paranoid!
I'm glad to hear your daughter's pooch was brought back home safe and sound, but that neighbor and the whole scenario does sound fishy.

Looks from the map like Southern Ca is pretty much fully covered, and you get a free phone app, I like the app idea, with texts and e-mails that your pet is out of their zone, so you can find them easily, I'm sure it would be useless if someone knew what the tracker collar was, and removed it from his harness or collar, Hope it would give you the last known location anyway, even thought about hiding it between his harness and skin, I only put his harness on when he goes outside, when he's in he doesn't wear his harness, although if a tracker was attached it may change my way of thinking. I sure don't want him to accidentally get away from my side if I get distracted or something for a minute, But I hate keeping him on a leash 24/7/365.

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I'm happy to hear that you found the Pitt Bull. I have never heard of this tracking system before. Buster does have the microchip in him though, he had it put in when he was neutered.

I have to tell you this morning I saw someone from the gas company walking down the street pushing a grocery cart with a Bulldog in it. The Bulldog ran out when the gas company went into the peoples backyard to check the gas gauge. I found that same bulldog who weighs over 80 pounds! running down the main street here about 6 months ago and I took him to the animal shelter, as soon as I walked in I had asked them to check if he had a chip in him which of course he did not. The owner called the shelter right before I was going to walk out. No matter what I think our Bully's should all have some kind of tracking on them because you just never know.

Phil, I found it from searching GPS tracking + Dog, and I don't think I can post the link here, But its Tagg, Pet Tracker, from the material I read, it's like $100.00 up front, free phone app, and the device that clips on your pets collar, Then you activate the system and mark the boundaries, probably like for me my yard or within a set boundary, then you get a main tower like system, that if your pet gets so many feet, yards away from it, you receive an e-mail or text, then you can switch to your tracker and see where with your area he/she is, it's $7.99 a month I believe, and the tower also is a recharger for the device if I remember correctly. I'm sure the more familiar people get with the tracker piece, the quicker they will be to remove it from his collar if their intentions are anything less than honorable, But if your baby is running around the neighborhood you know exactly where to pick him up at, the Video shows coverage much like cell phone coverage. I thought it was neat in theory, Better than a microchip, because you can see your pets day to day activities, and exercise charts etc, it showed in the video on the site, and you don't have to worry about only being notified if your pet is taken to a shelter, or if someone bothers to scan your pet, The only concern I seen with this, is the charge lasts for 30 days then you have to recharge the little chip on his collar, and its water proof too. Not that I'm advertising, I just don't ever want to find Rocky on a Lost Poster, which I do let him loose in the yard, but I have woods close to my yard in which he could cross in just a minute and come out god only knows where.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.