Is this a normal EBD thing????

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
In the morning I put out 1/2c food in 2 different bowls-I have Norm and Phoebe the pizza freak Jack Russell. Then I am gone till 4. I come home and I don't think Norm has moved off the couch and it looks like little to no food has been eaten from either bowl. Then once I'm home and everyone is stirring around, Norm eats breakfast. Then dinnertime-ish I put out a cup in each bowl (Fromm Beef Fritatta). Usually by 10-11pm one bowl is completely gone and one has been a little sampled. I know Norm eats the bulk of the food. Phoebe is a lot more active and she eats when he isn't. Her weight is holding steady so I know she's eating. But I think it's weird that Norm doesn't eat until I get home. Maybe it's a Norm thing?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could just be a Norm thing.... when I worked at a doggie daycare, there were a few of the dogs (not EBD) that would not eat if left alone. So, we had to stand by the crate until they finished eating

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven likes to eat when I am in the kitchen with her. Once I put down the food, if I walk away she walks away with me, then will return when I got back and finish her meal. She is also good for coming over to me and wiping her mouth on my pants/legs/skirt once she is done and then gives me a little burp. Guess she is telling me she enjoyed her meal and thanks.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Raven likes to eat when I am in the kitchen with her. Once I put down the food, if I walk away she walks away with me, then will return when I got back and finish her meal. She is also good for coming over to me and wiping her mouth on my pants/legs/skirt once she is done and then gives me a little burp. Guess she is telling me she enjoyed her meal and thanks.

Talk about wearing your heart on your sleeve…..Lmao, Now this is funny !!!! Dang, Flea circus wiping his mouth on me anyway….. As it is with allergy season, If I'm sitting in my recliner, and I grab a tissue and blow my nose….. within seconds…. Rocky is wide awake from where ever in the house he is and in my recliner, looking me in the face, trying to figure out what i'm doing, nose to nose with me……. I've never seen anything like this !! Lmbo…..

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
In the morning I put out 1/2c food in 2 different bowls-I have Norm and Phoebe the pizza freak Jack Russell. Then I am gone till 4. I come home and I don't think Norm has moved off the couch and it looks like little to no food has been eaten from either bowl. Then once I'm home and everyone is stirring around, Norm eats breakfast. Then dinnertime-ish I put out a cup in each bowl (Fromm Beef Fritatta). Usually by 10-11pm one bowl is completely gone and one has been a little sampled. I know Norm eats the bulk of the food. Phoebe is a lot more active and she eats when he isn't. Her weight is holding steady so I know she's eating. But I think it's weird that Norm doesn't eat until I get home. Maybe it's a Norm thing?

Rocky won't eat if I'm not there with him, He won't eat if any other pets are around, He wants to eat alone, when i'm with him, or he would rather not eat at all, Thats a typical Bully, I also read somewhere thats how Bullys were, So I'd say its the norm…

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Dually will sample his food in the morning and then go back and lay on the recliner. My husband gets home before me in the evening so he gives them dinner. Dually will not touch his food until after I get home and say Hi to him, then he runs for the bowl and eats the whole thing!! He's such a mama's boy!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They do have their own way of doing things. Most of our girls could care less who's around or not around when it comes to food. They just scarf it down. Buddy used to be a picky eater, but now he loves to eat again. Diva is the picky one now.

Kimmy

Jun 1, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hurley Who MaGoo
Lord have mercy LOL now I am wondering if there is something wrong with Hurley....... she would eat me if I allowed her too. She will eat at anytime, anywhere, and anything. If you drop something on the floor, forget about it.. it's gone.

Doesn't matter to her who is feeding her she eats. Seriously I know she is normal. Or not. Oh well I love her anyway !

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Lord have mercy LOL now I am wondering if there is something wrong with Hurley....... she would eat me if I allowed her too. She will eat at anytime, anywhere, and anything. If you drop something on the floor, forget about it.. it's gone.

Doesn't matter to her who is feeding her she eats. Seriously I know she is normal. Or not. Oh well I love her anyway !

Hold on Kimmy, I'm talking about out of a Pet Dish, My Bully observes the two second rule, Thats different, if food other than kibble hits the floor, its consumed in 2 seconds, I'm just talking out of the pet dish itself lol, Thats different. I feed Rocky morning and evening, and when I feed him, if I walk out of the room, he's following me, So as long as i'm with him, he's all in for eating his food, as long as theres not another pet around, Rockys not food bowl aggressive at all.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Talk about wearing your heart on your sleeve…..Lmao, Now this is funny !!!! Dang, Flea circus wiping his mouth on me anyway….. As it is with allergy season, If I'm sitting in my recliner, and I grab a tissue and blow my nose….. within seconds…. Rocky is wide awake from where ever in the house he is and in my recliner, looking me in the face, trying to figure out what i'm doing, nose to nose with me……. I've never seen anything like this !! Lmbo…..

Lmao...I try to make sure now I am out of my work clothes before I set down her food bowl. Otherwise every single day my clothes have food slobber on them. Gotta love the fact that they just need to investigate what is going on with the ones the love.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't really go out like that during the week, normally it's straight home after work. Recently maybe three times I had things to take care of after work and I left the feeding to the kids and hubby. Well when I got home she hadn't touched her food. The first time I guess it might have also annoyed her that they didn't put any yummies in for her (carrot slices, broccoli, peas, a touch of wet food), then the second time even though they did, she still wouldn't eat until I got home. Gotta love these stinkers.

Kimmy

Jun 1, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hurley Who MaGoo
Hold on Kimmy, I'm talking about out of a Pet Dish, My Bully observes the two second rule, Thats different, if food other than kibble hits the floor, its consumed in 2 seconds, I'm just talking out of the pet dish itself lol, Thats different. I feed Rocky morning and evening, and when I feed him, if I walk out of the room, he's following me, So as long as i'm with him, he's all in for eating his food, as long as theres not another pet around, Rockys not food bowl aggressive at all.

I am talking about her food bowl as well. I don't feed kibble. Once a month I prepare her meals and freeze them.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate will eat his meals regardless if I'm present or not, as for the most part, will Finn. Finn's funny sometimes though b/c he won't always finish his food but if i start hand feeding him, he'll gobble it down happily. I guess he has me trained pretty well.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Well Rocky has turned the tables on me, If I've been a good daddy he will eat, If i've dared to punish him though, he will sit and give me the stink eye over the food bowl….. I'm like thats fine with me buddy, it's your stomach thats empty not mine, even though he's eaten half the house, guess he's just telling me he isn't hungry anymore. The lecture we had over the $85.00 dollar power cord for my laptop was useless, I told him I could have tipped the waitress at Outback a $200 to get him him, fed him steak, baked potato and sale for us both and still gotten out of their cheaper than 1 power cord….. I don't think he gets it…….

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.