Random Thought

benjibabies3

May 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy and Dozer
Does anyone else scratch their EB's backend for them? This is the first time that I have had a dog that couldn't reach their backside to get an itch or clean themselves. I am always scratching it for them. :ashamed:
I feel bad when they are sitting down and rotating in circles in order to get that persistent itch that drives them crazy.
Just my random thought for the day, lol.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I do it all the time!! But if they are sitting and rotating that's not a good thing might be their glands are getting full. You have a couple of beauties there!!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
My EB who just had to get his tail amputated did this because his tail was so uncomfortable! He would constantly (like 5 times a day) sit and rotate on his bum to itch his tail, since his surgery last week he has not done this! Do your EBs have tail pockets? I do scratch all of their bums though because they do enjoy that spot! lol

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
Lol, I had to laugh when I seen this. I rub Daizy's back end too, she too does the rotation thing. For her, it isn't anal gland issues or UTI's, or tail issues, she has a straight tail, and she's seen the vet for everything else. She has an inverted vulva and urine pools occasionally. I clean her, but it does get itchy sometimes. So I help her out and give her a little rub, she loves it....lol, she's see's my hand gestures of "come to momma" and she comes running cause she knows she's getting a rub. My hubby laughs his head off and when she comes to him and shows her backside, he tells her "go see mommy" lol. Keep her clean and rub a little diaper creme. And it should be good. Of course, if it's an issue, please consult with your vet. For us, this is reason.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol, I had to laugh when I seen this. I rub Daizy's back end too, she too does the rotation thing. For her, it isn't anal gland issues or UTI's, or tail issues, she has a straight tail, and she's seen the vet for everything else. She has an inverted vulva and urine pools occasionally. I clean her, but it does get itchy sometimes. So I help her out and give her a little rub, she loves it....lol, she's see's my hand gestures of "come to momma" and she comes running cause she knows she's getting a rub. My hubby laughs his head off and when she comes to him and shows her backside, he tells her "go see mommy" lol.

That's one of the cutest things I've ever read! :havemyheart:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie loves butt scratches, but she is a smarty pants who took it to the extreme. She started getting to where she would act crazy, spinning circles and putting her butt on you, bouncing up and down, etc, until you scratched her butt. If you stopped? Same thing! She would do it until you either distracted her or she was satisfied. Turns out she does it for attention. She figured out if she stuck her butt on us, we would scratch it. So when she wants attention, that's what she does. We can tell when she's really itchy because she scoots (like Daizy, she has itchy girl parts sometimes), or she actually tries to scratch or get to a body part. She's too smart for her own good!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is HEAVEN for a Bully to have their butt scratched

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Lmbo, First time I seen rocky try to scratch himself there, then he tried to use teeth from a sitting position he just fell over, LMBO, I felt so sorry for him, he tried so hard, lol, so I scratched his back above his tail for him, its the only time he's still !! He loves it !!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
First time I saw Wilson get knocked over on his back at a puppy play group and he couldn't roll back over and everyone was literally laughing at him, I knew I things were going to different with him. He's like a rolly polly. :laugh: He loves his butt scratched but only in the last year. He'll back up to me for a scratch. Sally really likes her back end scratch too, as well as Emma. Emma gives me kisses everytime she gets a scratch.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
We are 98% sure that the sit on tail and rotate business was Chance's sad little attempt at masturbation. :p It didn't come up with gland issues and I check his tail pocket regularly. He just seemed super horny... :s

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
In our house....it's called scratching their "six". We learned this term from my step-dad. Orion will back up to you to get her six scratched. She goes bonkers....it will take her to the ground if you do it to her satisfaction. Vegas really isn't a "scratch my six" kinda guy.

OP
benjibabies3

benjibabies3

May 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy and Dozer
I'm glad I'm not the only one that shows this kind of love to their EB baby. :tongue: I wonder now if I should get her checked for a UTI?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.