Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 17

Thread: Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

  1. #1
    Potty Trainer xtina615's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christina
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    50
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky / Chunk / Chunky Butt
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

    So happy I picked up a Nylabone today for my Hunky Chunky- he is LOVING it!!!! Thanks to all that recommended it- I've also got 2 Kong toys on order to be delivered this week!

    -chunk2-jpg
    Xtina & Chunk

  2. #2
    Pooper scooper Kimmy's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    43
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hurley Who MaGoo
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

    Nylabones Rock !!! Chunk looks so happy

  3. #3
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

    Quote Originally Posted by xtina615 View Post
    So happy I picked up a Nylabone today for my Hunky Chunky- he is LOVING it!!!! Thanks to all that recommended it- I've also got 2 Kong toys on order to be delivered this week!

    -chunk2-jpg

    What a CUTIE!!

  4. #4
    Dog Park Attendant Tkelley's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tabatha
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    477
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Guinevere, Little Be
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

    He looks so happy!

  5. #5
    Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    mcraven2's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    1,521
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

    You can never go wrong with Nylabones, they last awhile and all 3 of my guys always enjoy them! Chunk is so adorable and looks so happy with his new toy!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

  6. #6
    Potty Trainer xtina615's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christina
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    50
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky / Chunk / Chunky Butt
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

    Thanks everyone! He is a MESS! He has started to exhibit some signs of aggression when food or a favorite toy is present, and it breaks my heart to have my other 2 dogs exposed to his behavior (they're totally not use to a hostile environment). I'm hoping (praying) that when he is neutered, that might help to calm things down a bit. I understand getting excited over food, lol, but that behavior is just not acceptable. Unfortunately, I've had to strip all of his toys from him for the rest of the day. As long as he doesn't have either of those things, he's a great dog!
    Xtina & Chunk

  7. #7
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,182
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11516

    Default Re: Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

    Quote Originally Posted by xtina615 View Post
    Thanks everyone! He is a MESS! He has started to exhibit some signs of aggression when food or a favorite toy is present, and it breaks my heart to have my other 2 dogs exposed to his behavior (they're totally not use to a hostile environment). I'm hoping (praying) that when he is neutered, that might help to calm things down a bit. I understand getting excited over food, lol, but that behavior is just not acceptable. Unfortunately, I've had to strip all of his toys from him for the rest of the day. As long as he doesn't have either of those things, he's a great dog!
    And, none of this behavior was apparent before? How long has he been with you?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  8. #8
    Potty Trainer xtina615's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christina
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    50
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky / Chunk / Chunky Butt
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    And, none of this behavior was apparent before? How long has he been with you?
    We've only had him for 2 weeks (this thursday).....and it's just been recently that he's started exhibiting this behavior. His previous owners told me he had no aggression issues.
    Xtina & Chunk

  9. #9
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

    Quote Originally Posted by xtina615 View Post
    We've only had him for 2 weeks (this thursday).....and it's just been recently that he's started exhibiting this behavior. His previous owners told me he had no aggression issues.
    I'd be willing to bet he was like this before. Sadly, previous owners aren't always totally honest. It will make it a bit tougher for you to get this under control..but as you already know, it's unacceptable. You need to establish yourself as his leader. Little things mean a lot. You go first ..he follows. Handfeed him his kibble. Make him think his survival depends totally on you. His toys are YOUR toys. In fact, he owns nothing. Once you establish this..he will accept it. Don't give an inch...be consistent and he will be ok..I will tag a few others who might remember things I forgot.
    @cali~jenn.. @Vicaroo1000.. @Davidh... @2BullyMama

  10. #10
    Potty Trainer xtina615's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christina
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    50
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky / Chunk / Chunky Butt
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I'd be willing to bet he was like this before. Sadly, previous owners aren't always totally honest. It will make it a bit tougher for you to get this under control..but as you already know, it's unacceptable. You need to establish yourself as his leader. Little things mean a lot. You go first ..he follows. Handfeed him his kibble. Make him think his survival depends totally on you. His toys are YOUR toys. In fact, he owns nothing. Once you establish this..he will accept it. Don't give an inch...be consistent and he will be ok..I will tag a few others who might remember things I forgot.
    @cali~jenn.. @Vicaroo1000.. @Davidh... @2BullyMama
    Thank you!!! I'm with you- I'm sure his previous owners knew, but they didn't want it to deter someone from taking their dog. His previous family kept him outside predominantly, had 5 children under the age of 6, and lived in a tiny house. So, I think he's been neglected, basically, for the past year. I will follow your tips. My husband seems to be the "pushover" out of the 2 of us, so I'm going to need to work on him, too!!
    Xtina & Chunk

  11. #11
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,246
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1557

    Default Re: Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

    You are doing the right thing and taking the toys away from him whenever he acts like that. Wait for awhile and give it back and if he gets aggressive with it again, take it away again. We did this with Diva when she would do that. Sometimes she would even growl at us if we tried to take one away from her and I would grab her by the back of the neck, tell her "NO" and then took it away. It didn't take long and she figured out that was not the thing to do.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


  12. #12
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Thanks for the Nylabone Recommendation!

    Sounds like your hand r full alright. Miila acted out pretty bad when we got her too. No idea what she came from really but I assume that was why the previous owners gave her back to the breeder. She just needed direction. For toys I had her sit/stay with me by her. Give a toy to your other pups and not let her have any. If he moves, redirect him and have him remain in position. Once the other pups r done with the toys then you can hand him one. Then take it away as you wish and basically just keep reminding him you r in charge. All while he is calm and sit/stay mode. Seemed to help us a lot but we also hand fed her and fed her LAST. I would have him sit/stay and watch the other 2 eat while he can just drool over his bowl. Once the other 2 have finished then I would proceed to hand feed him, 1 handful at a time. Gives you a great chance to work on basic training since he needs to be working for each handful he eats from your hand. Do it slowly enough that you feel bad teasing him cuz he needs to know you r in charge. Seems to have helped with many here. I had heard of it but never really understood it until having to use it with miila. Anytime she tries to act up I go back to hand feeding for a day or 2 and she is right back in line. You do have to be very consistent and constantly on top of everything or it won't work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •