Is it normal if they scoot?

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
So as you guys know I got a new pup. He's 12 weeks weighs 25lbs super solid bone structure. I notice sometimes when he's sitting down and he gets excited and tries to take off he will scoot for a for a split second until he can get his hind legs under him. You guys ever experience this?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Doesn't sound like anything I've seen but its hard to get a clear idea in my mind of it. Any chance of getting a video?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Doesn't sound like anything I've seen but its hard to get a clear idea in my mind of it. Any chance of getting a video?

i jus put him to sleep so ill try to get a video tomorrow. Imagine him in a sitting position, I call him and he will stay in a sitting position and drag his but using his front legs for a second or two until pops up and gets his feet under him. I'm thinking he still just in the awkward puppy phase. His still a bit uncoordinated.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yeah that sounds a bit unusual. Unless there's something wrong with his bottom so he is doing it. That's the only thing I can think of... Is dreded worms :(. Hope not.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I don't know. I was going to say worms, anal glands or allergies but this doesn't sound like that kind of scoot so much?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online