Question ??

Bigd07

Jun 3, 2013
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Hunter
My eb is 6 months old today his body is huge but his head seems small. Everyone said he reminds him of beetle juice the guy with the small head? Why is this?

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
My vet told me that it can take up to 2 years for the head to fully develop. It is one reason she told me she does not spay/neuter wrinkly faced dogs until 2 years, as it could hinder full development of the skull and lead to an issue with excess skin around the eyes (ultimately causing entropian). Not sure if thats all true, but she does seem to believe the skull is fully developed at 2 years of age. Someone posted a growth chart on this forum, not sure if it goes into body parts or is just general weight.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
As was mentioned they fill out as the mature. Has your dog been neutered? That could make a difference as well. All other things being equal its in the genetics.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
First year they grow taller..second and into third year..they grow out! And..the whole neutering affects growth...pretty widely dismissed. We have Bully's here that we're neutered at 4 months...and a bigger head you won't see! Lol. [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION].

Seriously, I asked my vet about it and she said.."I will neuter him anytime you want..but it has no basis in fact"..we waited until Jake was 11 months old..he kept growing!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
First year they grow taller..second and into third year..they grow out! And..the whole neutering affects growth...pretty widely dismissed. We have Bully's here that we're neutered at 4 months...and a bigger head you won't see! Lol. @KMARINO.

Seriously, I asked my vet about it and she said.."I will neuter him anytime you want..but it has no basis in fact"..we waited until Jake was 11 months old..he kept growing!

Yep, ^^^ what she said!

OP
Bigd07

Bigd07

Jun 3, 2013
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Hunter
He's not fixed and don't plan on it.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I remember Chance going through a ridiculously awkward growth phase - too small head, too long legs, weird disproportionate body etc. Then I looked at my human nieces and nephews and realized everything that grows goes through that phase. :p

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.