Abram goes to his new home today!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Well the guy taking Abram was not supposed to take him until Wednesday so I was holding off posting just in case he backed out but he texted this morning and asked if he could come get Abe tonight! I love that he is so excited about bringing Abram home even though he has these issues. I know Abram will be treated very well in his new home. I got a text yesterday saying the new dad spent all morning checking his fence yard and house for anything that could hurt ab or any possible escape routes. We have spent at least 6 hours talking and when we met he spent an hour and a half with Abe. If Abram has a chance ...This is it.
While all this is great and I so hope it works out, I'm feeling very sad to see him go. Especially today as I thought I had until Wednesday with him. I hate that I can't change things here to make life easier for him. He hasn't been here too long but in that time I have grown to love him very very much , even if there are times when he feels like it's an awesome idea to try and eat me. I am so thankful for you all and that I have enough knowledge that I feel comfortable not listening to the trainer and vet who said he should be put down.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm so sorry Hun that you are going through this, it can't be easy to see him go, we really get attached to our babies. I can totally understand your decision, in protecting you and your family. I hope his new owner can help him and give him the training he needs to get over the biting. At least he is a single, no children guy, who can give him the time, and hopefully you guys can stay in touch, through phone, Internet and pictures, to see how he's doing. I hope it works out for him, and again I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers for you

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Awe shucks, hugs for you! I'm sorry Ab has to leave but its for the better. Bless your heart, I can't even imagine how hard this is for you and your family.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Aww I am so sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine how hard it is but you are doing the right thing for him. Hang in there and hopefully you can stay in touch with his new owner to find out how he's doing. :hug:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] I'm so sorry you're baby is leaving you but it sounds like he is going to a great home and a man who is really dedicated to getting The General rehabilitated. I must say I have so much respect for you that you never gave up on him and have done the best thing for this special bully. You are an amazing person and one day the right bully will come into your life bum wiggling and all
:hug:

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
I hope you have or will tell him about this site. If he hasn't had bulldogs before he will need the info.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@dozersmama I'm so sorry you're baby is leaving you but it sounds like he is going to a great home and a man who is really dedicated to getting The General rehabilitated. I must say I have so much respect for you that you never gave up on him and have done the best thing for this special bully. You are an amazing person and one day the right bully will come into your life bum wiggling and all

I very much agree w/TubbysMom...so sorry for your heartache, GOD bless!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aww, good luck to Abram in his new home:) It is so hard to see them go even if it's for their own best:*( I've myself given up a bulldog who had dominance issues I could not sort out. It was a total success story and he is now such a wonderful balanced happy boy:D My husband will go this weekend to deliver a bed and some treats for him, we still can't stop thinking and caring about him even though it has been almost 3 years since he moved:ashamed: You're doing the right thing for all of you:)

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I hope this works out for Abram and his new pops. And much thanks for working it out or no telling where he would have wound up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Super big hugs Jenn! I know this is hard... and it is hard because you love him so -- just know you are giving him a great chance to have a happy life and you can still go visit once he is settled in.

:hug: Great job finding him a new home and not giving up on him.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Thanks you guys you have made me feel better because I gotta tell ya I so feel like I failed here. I feel like I just gave up. I know that this is foe the best but idk I just can't get over this feeling .

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.