Bully Payments.......

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I was looking at Craigs list, and seen an ad for 9 EBD puppies for sale, for a small rehoming fee of $1,800.00 each but then stated that puppies and adults in our area were going for as much as $3,000.00 each (Thinking thats straight out of the NADA Blue Book for Pets) so consider their puppies a bargain. The part that surprised me was this breeder is offering a payment plan/financing available !!....( No mention of Finance charges) Man Oh Man, if this doesn't speak volumes about the wrong Parents..... Then, the even better part that gets me more than financing, is this, Hypothetically, if a person bought the puppy on a payment plan, and you know the first thing needed to be done with a new puppy, is a health screen by your vet, But is the Breeder + Consumers giving any thought to the problematic illnesses associated with the EBD?? I mean there's no health guarantee, stated in the ad, so if a problem were found..... Not that a Backyard breeder puppy would ever have any health problems.... How in the world would a consumer keep up with the Bully Payments and Vet Fees both ???? Medication ??? Allergies ??? I'm thinking to myself, If I'm having to finance my Pet, Then a premium grade of Pet Food is likely to bounce me into chapter 7 Bankruptcy Court..... WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING ????? Not about the Quality of this breed of Animal Evidently, And surely not about improving the health and standards of these Fantastic companions..... This ad was all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Wish there was a way to STOP THEM !!!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
And unfortunately it is situations like this that then we see the emancipated, left outside their entire life, neglected and often abused babies that end up abandoned somewhere or in the rescue system. Some of them are lucky in the end. Some not so much :cry:

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
@Goldenrod. That is quite interesting. Although the majority of the folks offering financing/payment plans for pets, I have seen some reputable breeders who offer this as well. Not so much financing with interest, but offering to break up your bully's cost before you purchase your pet. Part of me says if you can't afford it, then why get such an expensive dog. But then the other part of me says, our economy is sort of set up this way and a lot of people are good pet owners even though they may have to stretch out payments.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I totally agree with you. Some people only care about the money, and the fact that their selling them on Craig's list, or on Kiji type posts speaks volumes as well. I've even seen people wanting to trade items such as tires for their cars, or other items in exchange for a EB. who trades a pet for objects? I wish there was a way to stop them too, or at least some kind of pet licensing or courses you had to take before acquiring an animal, plus more accountability and consequences to neglect and abuse of an animal.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Craigslist is the worst. One time I saw someone asking for RIMS FOR THEIR CAR and in return they would give them an English Bulldog puppy!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!? :cursing: People are so infuriating sometimes!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I flag any posts like that. Puppies are not to be sold on CL it is against the rehoming rules.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I flag any posts like that. Puppies are not to be sold on CL it is against the rehoming rules.

Lisa, can you please post an article, post, thread, etc, what the rehoming rules are, and how to flag/report these problems to Craigslist?? Knowledge is Power, especially with our love and fondness of Bullies.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
While searching I came across this: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/chi/1147304845.html

Not what you asked for but funny!

Oh SOMEONE needs to Sticky this one ! just for days when its really rough, and you need a laugh !

I had typed up something similar about 'Forwarding Emails' wayyyyy back when the internet was young. Some of you might remember, about 1988-1989 - basically saying, if you are too lazy to remove the >>>>'s out of the email, or all of the email address out of the header, than you are an idiot, and oh yea, I hit REPLY TO ALL, so every email address I found in the 'spam' or 'forward' calling out the Lazy SOB for forwarding crap :p there were some embarrassed people when their sons, mothers, grandparents, friends, co-workers etc got an email calling them out for sending out junk, now I'm just lazy and I send them links to SNOPES.COM :) :) :) :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.